Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: March 31st - New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Lakers - 32-45

Pelicans March 31st - New Orleans Pelicans vs Los Angeles Lakers - 32-45

Last game was depressing, frankly. It wasn't so much that we won: as I've said, if we play the young guys heavy minutes, the fringe players, and just happen to win off the back of their grind, I'll take it. I won't LOVE it, because after all the wins are meaningless and they actively harm our draft pick, but it's hard to be angry or mad when you win that way.

Instead, it was that Alvin Gentry proved, once and for all, if ANY doubts about his future were still harboured, that he needs to go. The man does not understand context, he does not understand the arc of a season, he doesn't understand delayed gratification. He is not true head coach material. If we end up picking 13th in this draft (god forbid), then know that it is Alvin Gentry's fault. Straight up. Maybe that sounds harsh: maybe it is, but has Gentry not had the benefit of the doubt for a long time? Have we not been lenient for too long? He's been an up-and-down coach at best for his entire time with us, and the losing seasons outweigh the winning seasons at this point. It's time for him to go.

And, as if to add insult to injury, tonight we play the LA Lakers! Who will not be playing Lebron, because they've decided to sit him. And the NBA League Office has said precisely nothing about it. They will be allowed to sit a fully healthy Lebron James, who is under contract long term, just because they don't feel like playing him right now. Meanwhile, we were forced into putting AD onto the floor for at least 20 minutes a game despite him actively attempting to sabotage our season.

Between these two things, I'm pretty annoyed. So what I want is to come out tonight and lose. That's all. I want this season to be over, I want us to win ZERO moregames, I want Gentry gone and replaced by Ettore Messina or Becky Hammon or someone with some real promise like that. I want to get AD out of here, and look towards a legitimate new future instead of continuing to stare down into the abyss of the regular season.

I'd say ''let's go and #DoItBig!'' like I usually do, but I'm afraid Gentry will take it literally.
    Basketball.

So, tonight: No AD, no Jrue, no Moore, no Miller, no Jackson.

Players available: Payton, Randle, Bertans, Wood, Diallo, Kenrich, Clark, Okafor, Johnson, Hill.

9 players available. One of them has been on the team for 2 games. One came over from Euroleague. One an undrafted rookie. One a career end-of-bench man. One widely considered a huge bust for most of his career thus far (Okafor). Randle and Payton.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 03-31-2019 at 03:32 PM.

This game is going to be excruciating.

Who can tank better?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Who can tank better?
    LA without Lebron, Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart vs

NOLA without AD, Jrue, Moore, Miller, and Jackson.

Somehow I think we're still better, but I hope I'm wrong.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Go Mavs !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Go Mavs !!!!!!!
    This makes up for their loss a few games ago. We expected them to win that, and lose this. Instead, they lost that, and won this. It's not really ''fixing'' anything, but it's good anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This makes up for their loss a few games ago. We expected them to win that, and lose this. Instead, they lost that, and won this. It's not really ''fixing'' anything, but it's good anyway.
    This could be a really BIG tank game for us. Dallas has to play Memphis H/A , so somebody has to win 1 & possibly 2 .

This could be a really BIG tank game for us. Dallas has to play Memphis H/A , so somebody has to win 1 & possibly 2 .
    I don't even know how high it is possible for us to get in the lottery odds at this point. Can we still get 6th, if everything goes right?

First play of the game.

Randle and Okafor just watch as Rondo drives to the basket.

Brilliant.

Okafor just shot a three.

Brilliant

If we lose out, we are guaranteed at least 7th.

Lol at the fact we can't miss right now

If we lose out, we are guaranteed at least 7th.
    Okay nice

Clark can take contested mid-range jumpers all night, if he wants.

Nice off-ball movement from Payton there

Hustle from Wood

Hey, Wood's doing this weird thing where he stands kinda sideways just beside an opposing player so as to obstruct and guide their movement when their motion is manipulated by the ball handler. What's that called?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Okay nice
    Correction- Washington would have to win at least 1 more game also.

Wood with the BUZZER BEATER!! HIGH ARCING SHOT

Correction- Washington would have to win at least 1 more game also.
    Okay fair, they play the Bulls and the Knicks before the season ends. They'll probably win one of those.

Lol, Solomon Hill

Julius just jammed his finger. Hope it's not sprained or broken or anything.

Solomon with the NICE dunk! Have not seen that for a while

10 points and 6 rebounds in the first half for Christian Wood tonight, and some key hustle plays.

Thread Information