Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Gayle might stick with Danny Ferry?

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    From what I have seen thus far, I am expecting Ferry to be named the POBO and that we hire someone else to be the GM.
    Yes this is what I have been hoping would happen. Ferry to hop in the role Loomis had and bring in someone like Langdon. I think there is a good chance something like this happens. Ferry also went to Duke University. Likely he goes hard after Zion and RJ..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-29-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Shamit seems to be of the view that Langdon is the favourite. Everything I've heard seems to agree with that. It's a good choice so hopefully it pans out.
    Basketball.

Would love to hire Ettore Messina.. Hiring Langdon and Messina would be one hell of a good start to next season!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Would love to hire Ettore Messina.. Hiring Langdon and Messina would be one hell of a good start to next season!!
    I have always liked Messina. My only concern may be what kind of offense he would run. Not sure if we would want to go back to a slower paced half court offense (although most of our roster will probably turn over).

Edit: ignore this comment
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 04-02-2019 at 01:42 PM.

News: Washington has fired their GM! So they are now also in the hunt for a General Manager. There's some chance that they'll be competing over some of the same names that we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    News: Washington has fired their GM! So they are now also in the hunt for a General Manager. There's some chance that they'll be competing over some of the same names that we are.
    Did Phoenix ever name a GM yet?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Did Phoenix ever name a GM yet?
    Nope, James Jones is still their interim GM.

Gosh, if you thought Dell was bad,

https://deadspin.com/report-wizards-...-my-1833752670

The grass is always greener, eh?

Seems like we're a bottom feeder and then someone else comes along and you remember it could be worse.

Nothing really too new here in terms of names, but the GM interviews are on! Progress.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Nothing really too new here in terms of names, but the GM interviews are on! Progress.
    I know Langdon is the sexy pick right now, but I'm still in the Griffin camp.
    If i expect to deal w/ Ainge, I just think Id feel more comfortable with Griffin. Taking nothing away from Langdon. TIMING is everything.

Tommy Sheppard? WTF? he was with EG in Wash for a dozen years. That would equate to TERRIBLE !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Tommy Sheppard? WTF? he was with EG in Wash for a dozen years. That would equate to TERRIBLE !
    I agree. Honestly, because we were told that the list of candidates was in, before Washington fired Ernie, I suspect that Sheppard is just a last minute addition for the sake of options. I don't think anyone is actually taking him seriously. I could be wrong, of course, but I think that's the case.

Sam Hinke not on the list?

Sam Hinke not on the list?
    Nope, not that we've been told. And we shouldn't be surprised because names have been being leaked for like two weeks now from plausible sources and he's never been mentioned.

Griffin is a new add from the list that has been discussed/leaked recently. I would like to see Zarren on the list, but appears may not happen. May be a positive sign that Griffin is at least interviewing as he can afford to be selective.

I agree here. Lots we don’t know about Langdon

I agree here. Lots we don’t know about Langdon
    All I know is- If I am hoping/expecting to negotiate With Danny Fleece Ainge, I'd prefer Griffin over the young buck.

Thread Information