Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 28th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Sacramento Kings - 31-45

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I really think having bench players that run other teams out of the gym is the way to go.
    Part of the reason Golden State was so good in their 73-9 season (and part of why they're less monumental now even though they still win everything) is that they used to have real, strong, quality depth. Now they don't.
    Basketball.

The road to Bol Bol

*Pulls up to the drive-thru* Hey there, one tank please

Alvin Gentry: Tank broken, starters all playing 35 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    *Pulls up to the drive-thru* Hey there, one tank please

Alvin Gentry: Tank broken, starters all playing 35 minutes
    Gentry can’t do anything right

Pay Randle!

Dallas loses, we win.

Goodbye #6 pick. All because Alvin Gentry can't even TANK right. Should have fired him when we fired Demps and just let some random dude coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Pay Randle!
    Sure, we can pay him per successful screen.

This win has me so pissed off...Such an absolutely meaningless win. That does nothing for the long term benefit of the team and if anything hurts us.

Half our team is injured and Gentry coached this game to try to win it. If I was Ferry I'd fire him as soon as he walked into the locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    This win has me so pissed off...Such an absolutely meaningless win. That does nothing for the long term benefit of the team and if anything hurts us.

Half our team is injured and Gentry coached this game to try to win it. If I was Ferry I'd fire him as soon as he walked into the locker room.
    ESPECIALLY after the Dallas loss. There is no WAY that a team in this position doesn't have at least SOMEONE paying attention to the other games relevant to this team. The moment Dallas lost, this game should have turned from ''want to lose'' into ''NEED to lose''.

Instead, Gentry puts all the starters back in and runs it to the wire. Man needs sorting out.

I think top four dreams are dead so I just want Bol Bol

If I'm Ferry, I'm beating Gentry over the head with a shoe right now.

If I'm Mrs B I'm asking Ferry wtf he is doing. If Ferry didn't make it crystal clear that we need to tank these games then they can both pound sand.

If I'm Ferry, I'm beating Gentry over the head with a shoe right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If I'm Mrs B I'm asking Ferry wtf he is doing. If Ferry didn't make it crystal clear that we need to tank these games then they can both pound sand.
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Ferry had already told Gentry that clearly, and Gentry is just too stubborn. He has never wanted to tank (fair) and he has never wanted to deal with any turbulence at all. Remember, this is the same Gentry that wanted to take the Lakers offer before the deadline because he wanted to have all the trouble out of the way and done immediately. He didn't care about the team's long term best prospect, he just wanted the team to be convenient for him in that moment and the immediate future.

He's not thinking ''how do I coach this team in the best way for the future of this team'', he's thinking ''can I grab a few more wins so I don't get fired off a bunch of losses which might hurt my next job hunt?''

Wait. Where was it reported that Gentry wanted to take the Lakers offer?

That sounds absolutely crazy. He should have been fired with Dell if that was the case.

Pay Randle!

Pay Randle!

I think we may have eliminated Kings from playoffs too.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-28-2019 at 10:00 PM.

#TankMode off? LOL

This game is fairly pacy early on. Randle just jacking up shots, which is always good to see.
    As usual these seem to age really well..

Just finished the game.. Wood is the real freaking deal!! What a steal!! This kid is going to make the loss of AD feel a lot better. We will have great depth in our front court for a long time with all of the young talented options we have along with the draft and everything else going forward.. When I saw Wood warming up for the first time I was sitting there thinking this kid literally looks like an AD clone!! No he won’t be that good but man he has some potential! No telling the kind of development and progression we will get out of this kid.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-28-2019 at 10:30 PM.

I love how anybody here expects professional athletes and professional coaches to just not give a crap about a win. When we have players that don’t care I simply don’t want them here. Yes I will say this again anybody that has ever played a sport actually competitively here would know this would be a huge problem for any athelete or competetitor in general. This just simply isn’t an option for these guys and it’s pretty foolish anybody actually thinks it is.. I also don’t pay thousands of dollars to watch us give a sub par effort and if you wanna complain come buy my tickets and go watch a team who doesn’t want to win. LoL get over it we won a damn game!! Sure it would be great to have a better spot in the draft but when almost nothing separates some of these odds with where we will be it is absolutely ridiculous to bash anybody trying to win a game.. This same exact whining to lose almost landed us MKG instead of AD. The pick is simply out of our control but somehow people actually think we are suppose to go try and intentionally lose games!? Blows my mind!! These same people are really gonna question Ferry and Gentry for anything they do!? Lmao!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-28-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Yeah I get it, but then at this point you fire Gentry and find someone who guarantees the losss.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Yeah I get it, but then at this point you fire Gentry and find someone who guarantees the losss.
    We are doing everything an actual professional organization does. Not some message board hype over the 6th best odds instead of the 7th. Or we act like a class organization and let him finish out the season instead of hoping it ends up in an extra loss or 2. All I’m saying is anybody that has ever been in a competitive sport knows this just isn’t a thing or an option. Just ridiculous. Go ask a real winner and competitor like Kobe or MJ to see what they think about this.. If you want us to lose absolutely go ahead. I have no problem with losing either at this point. But to drag it any further blaming Gentry, Ferry, Benson, or any players is laughable!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-28-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I don't mind this win because like we've been losing a lot anyway lol One draft pick doesn't make that huge of a difference if we draft good.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    I don't mind this win because like we've been losing a lot anyway lol One draft pick doesn't make that huge of a difference if we draft good.
    Thank you! Great win tonight!

Thread Information