Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

These are the facts !!
    A mock to go along with it.

9. Deandre Hunter
    39. Naz Reid
    57. Yovel Zoosman

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...draft-3-26-19/

9 not bad. My simulator just put us at # 2 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    9 not bad. My simulator just put us at # 2 pick.
    I honestly think the simulator knows it's me or something, whenever I run it I pretty much always get the Pels in a top 4 pick.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    A mock to go along with it.

9. Deandre Hunter
    39. Naz Reidll
    57. Yovel Zoosman

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...draft-3-26-19/
    Whichever team's pick/s we receive for AD, I want Cam Johnson.
    I defintitely grab Hunter at #9. I Dont think he'll be there though!! If hes not, I want Brandon Clarke.
    #39 Jalen McDaniels
    #57 Charles Bassey

Whichever team's pick/s we receive for AD, I want Cam Johnson.
    I defintitely grab Hunter at #9. I Dont think he'll be there though!! If hes not, I want Brandon Clarke.
    #39 Jalen McDaniels
    #57 Charles Bassey
    Wow, why Cam Johnson so high? The tankathon mock currently has him going at 32nd. He's gonna be 23 on draft night.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I did it once and we got #1 (Zion). BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Wow, why Cam Johnson so high? The tankathon mock currently has him going at 32nd. He's gonna be 23 on draft night.
    Espn has him #21 . Also, eye test! I told Mythrol I liked him when he was 58th 6 weeks ago.
    As far as the so high. Clarification-assumption the trade is with Boston or similar ilk. 14th 16th 22nd 23rd ish !
    Naturally if its 1 or 2, its Zion or Ja.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-26-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Espn has him #21 . Also, eye test! I told Mythrol I liked him when he was 58th 6 weeks ago.
    As far as the so high. Clarification-assumption the trade is with Boston or similar ilk. 14th 16th 22nd 23rd ish !
    Naturally if its 1 or 2, its Zion or Ja.
    Fair enough. I haven't watched TOO much of his game, so I can't really give a real judgement myself. Makes a lot more sense if you're assuming a Boston-style trade where the pick we get is somewhere a little later in the first round. If it's a top 5 pick, I'd imagine you have different views (like you say, Zion or Ja).

Fair enough. I haven't watched TOO much of his game, so I can't really give a real judgement myself. Makes a lot more sense if you're assuming a Boston-style trade where the pick we get is somewhere a little later in the first round. If it's a top 5 pick, I'd imagine you have different views (like you say, Zion or Ja).
    I was never a huge fan of Barrett or Reddish & have grown even less enamored with both of them. After Zion & Ja, the drop off is massive. The next 15-18 players are interchangeable by position need.

I was never a huge fan of Barrett or Reddish & have grown even less enamored with both of them. After Zion & Ja, the drop off is massive. The next 15-18 players are interchangeable by position need.
    I agree with you on Reddish, I never really saw too much in him at all. I am still a fan of Barrett though, I think that he's shown a lot of potential, and that part of the reason that he hasn't been able to go off completely is because he's on the same team as Zion, so he has to split certain responsibilities there. If he was the straight-up leader of the Duke team, I think people would view him more charitably.

I'm a big Culver fan myself, I think that he's clearly better than a lot of people have ranked him and could very easily go top 3 depending on how hot you are on Barrett. I was actually pretty surprised when Shamit tweeted out that he has Culver #2 on his list right now, but I totally understand why.

I agree with you on Reddish, I never really saw too much in him at all. I am still a fan of Barrett though, I think that he's shown a lot of potential, and that part of the reason that he hasn't been able to go off completely is because he's on the same team as Zion, so he has to split certain responsibilities there. If he was the straight-up leader of the Duke team, I think people would view him more charitably.

I'm a big Culver fan myself, I think that he's clearly better than a lot of people have ranked him and could very easily go top 3 depending on how hot you are on Barrett. I was actually pretty surprised when Shamit tweeted out that he has Culver #2 on his list right now, but I totally understand why.
    Culver is a dirty dog . He does everything. I have TT to win in my NCAA pool. Really like him. Hope he can develop a 3pt shot
    Not quite sure what happened to him. Was much better in 17-18
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-26-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Culver is a dirty dog . He does everything. I have TT to win in my NCAA pool. Really like him. Hope he can develop a 3pt shot
    Not quite sure what happened to him. Was much better in 17-18
    Who knows? If he develops a three point shot though, he'll be absolutely deadly. His game just has so much control and confidence, he really moves like an NBA player. Obviously that's kind of a strange thing to say, but you know what I mean.

Plus, he's listed at 6'6'' right now, but I'm pretty sure that by the time the combine comes around, we'll find out he's more like 6'8''. In that case, Culver solves our long-time small forward problem.

Who knows? If he develops a three point shot though, he'll be absolutely deadly. His game just has so much control and confidence, he really moves like an NBA player. Obviously that's kind of a strange thing to say, but you know what I mean.

Plus, he's listed at 6'6'' right now, but I'm pretty sure that by the time the combine comes around, we'll find out he's more like 6'8''. In that case, Culver solves our long-time small forward problem.
    Man, he averages 1.4 steals per game. He is so active on both ends at all times. I dont think he falls past 5, so I hope our tank keeps rollin. If Wash can win against Lakers and/or Phoenix Tomorrow & Dallas & Memphis play each other in a Home/Away this week, we can jump 2 spots.

He shot 38.3% in 17-18, so maybe 18-19 was an anomaly.

He shot 38.3% in 17-18, so maybe 18-19 was an anomaly.
    Could be. His shot doesn't look broken at all, it just doesn't seem to be going, so there's every chance that he'll be able to bring it back.

If we seriously tank hard and lose every game until the end of the season, or even only get one win, then I could easily see us making it back up to 6th. At that point, Culver isn't guaranteed, but it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped down. There's pretty often guys who fall because teams want to take a shot on a riskier player.

After Zion & Ja, the drop off is massive. The next 15-18 players are interchangeable by position need.
    I agree with this 100% and it's impossible to know what our needs will be right now.

Assuming we get a later pick than our own for Davis, what about Bruno Fernando in the pick 10-20 range? He played very well against LSU, averaged a double double this season, and seems to have a good BBIQ.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Yes to DeAndre Hunter please.

Could be. His shot doesn't look broken at all, it just doesn't seem to be going, so there's every chance that he'll be able to bring it back.

If we seriously tank hard and lose every game until the end of the season, or even only get one win, then I could easily see us making it back up to 6th. At that point, Culver isn't guaranteed, but it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped down. There's pretty often guys who fall because teams want to take a shot on a riskier player.
    Ok- General Manager Pelicandae -- Lets assume WE have the 6th pick & our trade is with Boston & we get there 1st rounders (Let's say 13,16 & 23). Is there a spot in the draft (4th or 5th) ---Do you use one of those picks to move up a spot or 2 to get Culver?

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Yes to DeAndre Hunter please.
    Yeah, your avatar certainly isn't conspicuous ! Lol.

Ok- General Manager Pelicandae -- Lets assume WE have the 6th pick & our trade is with Boston & we get there 1st rounders (Let's say 13,16 & 23). Is there a spot in the draft (4th or 5th) ---Do you use one of those picks to move up a spot or 2 to get Culver?
    Yeah, probably. If we have, for the sake of argument, the 6th, 13th, 16th, and 23rd picks, then I'd be perfectly happy to (for example) trade the 6th and 16th pick for the 4th pick and grab Culver.

Yeah, probably. If we have, for the sake of argument, the 6th, 13th, 16th, and 23rd picks, then I'd be perfectly happy to (for example) trade the 6th and 16th pick for the 4th pick and grab Culver.
    Next question- does 6 & 16 get us to 4 ? I'm not so sure. 5, yes - 4, IDK. 6 & 13 maybe. You STILL pull trigger at 4 ?

The Franchise
    Next question- does 6 & 16 get us to 4 ? I'm not so sure. 5, yes - 4, IDK. 6 & 13 maybe. You STILL pull trigger at 4 ?
    If we end up 6 or later, Personally I’d package picks and players from who we trade AD to either to move up or to trade for good veterans. If it’s Boston I’d package brown and pick/s, if it’s the Lakers I’m trading everyone they’d trade us, and the knicks I’d try to move Dennis Smith.

The only players I’d like around 8-10 is hunter and Langford. After that there isn’t much I’d want. A couple late picks to go to G-league maybe like Bazley or Okpala.

Mavs tanking well. They had kings beat but losing it at the end
    Last edited by tdcreator; 03-26-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If we end up 6 or later, Personally I’d package picks and players from who we trade AD to either to move up or to trade for good veterans. If it’s Boston I’d package brown and pick/s, if it’s the Lakers I’m trading everyone they’d trade us, and the knicks I’d try to move Dennis Smith.

The only players I’d like around 8-10 is hunter and Langford. After that there isn’t much I’d want. A couple late picks to go to G-league maybe like Bazley or Okpala.

Mavs tanking well. They had kings beat but losing it at the end
    Finally, someone who actually likes Langford.

Can you tell me what people are seeing in him?

Thread Information