Pelicans Report

Thread: March 26th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Atlanta Hawks - 31-44

Pelicans March 26th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Atlanta Hawks - 31-44

After a big but predictable loss to Houston last game, in which everyone was pretty rancid, we come back tonight to face off against the Atlanta Hawks. Atlanta are currently 26-48, which makes them somehow only 4 games worse than us in the L column despite the fact that they've been actively tanking all year and we were trying hard to make the playoffs until halfway through the season. Incredible.

The Hawks have won 2 straight, and 4 of their last 7, so they're actually playing pretty well right now. The reason is simple: Trae Young is playing his best basketball of the season, and they've locked up a place in the bottom five of the league and therefore can just play fast and loose without having to engineer losses anymore. It would be absolutely spectacular (given the fact that in their final 8 games they play Milwaukee twice, Philadelphia, Spurs, Portland, and Indiana) for them to win more than 3 games for the rest of the year even if they try.

As a result, we can expect them to actually put some effort in tonight. Which is good because for us, that's a fairly safe reason to assume that we're just going to lose. Which is perfect for us: if we can seriously hit rock bottom for the end of the year, Washington beat LA tonight, then there's still a pretty decent chance that we'll end up in the 6th or 7th spot. Suffice it to say that even 7th is leagues better than 9th given the way the lottery odds are allocated in the draft right now.

So let's go into tonight and #DoItBig!
    Basketball.

lol @ that 1st quarter

42 points...

I'm in Georgia so I have to watch the Hawks broadcast. 1st time in a long time I've had to listen to an opposing teams broadcast and MAN Joel Myers is a precious gem. He needs a max deal.

I’m ready for a new GM a new Coach and the day we trade AD and the draft picks this year plus the players we get from the AD trade I’m ready to get excited about a Pels game again .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good hard fought loss. Christian Wood looks legit. Get well soon Frank.

Always tough to lose, but we've got to suck it up for just a little while at least. Getting this loss tonight was important: with so many games left that are potentially winnable, every single loss is vital. Next game is vs Sacramento, which we should lose, but after that we play LAL, Charlotte, Phoenix, and Atlanta again. Charlotte are still trying to win, but LAL, Phoenix, and Atlanta obviously don't care to win at all and could easily turn into games which we win just be accident.

After the Phoenix game We are playing in Sacramento, not Atlanta. 1-5 or 0-6 - trust Me. #TankMode

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    After the Phoenix game We are playing in Sacramento, not Atlanta. 1-5 or 0-6 - trust Me. #TankMode
    Hope so.

Amazing, by the way, that we might end up with 51 losses this season despite having spent the first 4 months or so actively trying to win.

I told y’all to watch out for Wood!! 23 points 9 rebounds on 7-9 shooting.. What a great find by the Pelicans to end the season and have come compete in camp next season. Frank Jackson looking like a 20+ ppg combo guard that plays defense and is one of the most athletic players in the NBA. Future is bright!!

Clippers make playoffs on a year they were blowing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Clippers make playoffs on a year they were blowing it up.
    This ensures that the Celtics have at least 3 first round picks this year. Right now those are predicted to be 14th, 20th, and 22nd. They also have conditional control over Memphis' pick, which is potentially valuable no matter what happens. If it conveys this year, then Boston have another top 10 pick to trade. If it doesn't, then they have a pick which continues to convey towards that 2021 draft that people find so exciting.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Exceptional find from Danny Ferry to nab Christian Wood. Hope this isn't an aberration though because it's late March.

Thread Information