.
Pelicans Report
 
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dennis Lauscha- Team President (GM Search Update)

  1. #1

    News Dennis Lauscha- Team President (GM Search Update)

    Blah blah, we want to win like we do at football...

    Will announce the GM search consultant shortly.

    Implies the process is going to speed up soon. Will be requesting permission and announcing interviews in the next few weeks.

    Talks to Adam Silver about small market challenges often. Not going to let that be an obstacle to success.

    It does sound odd to compare to the football model of success so much. I think it's a better look to recognize that NBA and NFL champions are built in very different ways. Hopefully the new GM will speak on this.


    https://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/t...etingspelicans
    Last edited by SmontySwilliams; 03-26-2019 at 07:37 AM.

  2. #2



    Whoa . David Griffin has connections with Lebron James. I would love Langdon.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-26-2019 at 08:20 AM.

  3. #3
    I'll be interested to learn which, if any, of these speculated persons are officially named as candidates.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post



    Whoa . David Griffin has connections with Lebron James. I would love Langdon.
    Relevance of this statement? Should he not be hired based on the fact that he once worked with LBJ?
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

    ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

    GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

    These words should not be used lightly

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Relevance of this statement? Should he not be hired based on the fact that he once worked with LBJ?
    I think they are all great candidates.

  6. #6
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,317
    Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Blah blah, we want to win like we do at football...

    Will announce the GM search consultant shortly.

    Implies the process is going to speed up soon. Will be requesting permission and announcing interviews in the next few weeks.

    Talks to Adam Silver about small market challenges often. Not going to let that be an obstacle to success.

    It does sound odd to compare to the football model of success so much. I think it's a better look to recognize that NBA and NFL champions are built in very different ways. Hopefully the new GM will speak on this.


    https://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/t...etingspelicans
    His comparison between football and basketball was wanting to bring that sense of having to be #1 on the basketball side, the same as the football side. He also said he wanted to bring a winner to the basketball side the same as the football side. I do not see that as trying to build the same models. I see it as more of a mindset.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I think they are all great candidates.
    And yet you continually bring up Griffin and his link the LeBron?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    And yet you continually bring up Griffin and his link the LeBron?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No problems. Be glad to have him here too. Griffin would be an excellent hire!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    His comparison between football and basketball was wanting to bring that sense of having to be #1 on the basketball side, the same as the football side. He also said he wanted to bring a winner to the basketball side the same as the football side. I do not see that as trying to build the same models. I see it as more of a mindset.
    Ok and to be fair, they were at an NFL meeting at the time. I rescind my syncism.

  10. #10
    So Griffin would sabotage himself for the greater good of LBJ I really donít think that would happen people .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •