Pelicans Report

Thread: Moving forward Loomis no longer involved with Pels

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Moving forward Loomis no longer involved with Pels

Jeff Duncan‏Verified account @JeffDuncan_

Gayle Benson also reiterated that Saints General Manager Mickey Loomis will focus exclusively on the Saints going forward. The new Pelicans GM will oversee basketball operations and report directly to Benson.

Consulting basis only.

That’s good to know. A separation of duties will help the Pels more than anything.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Glad to hear it. Sounded like this was the intention earlier in the season when they said the new GM would report directly to ownership, so I'm happy to see that hasn't changed.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This'll keep the people that actually thought this mattered silent. Seriously, the new guy will basically be replacing Demps, who was pretty much already doing BOPOs wasn't he?

I'm down. Just...when everyone was pissing about Loomis being involved, what actual role he had was in name only.

Quote Originally Posted by MG3n2K9 View Post

Read that final sentence fellas

Lauscha & Loomis are the problem. Neither of them should be involved in any basketball decisions. Especially Loomis. Gail should hire a firm to help with the bopo search and then hand the keys over
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Lauscha & Loomis are the problem. Neither of them should be involved in any basketball decisions. Especially Loomis. Gail should hire a firm to help with the bopo search and then hand the keys over
    I agree. My hope is their main involvement is in contract negotiations (of the new GM), not personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Lauscha is a almost a defacto owner, so he will be involved in absolutely everything Benson does (and always has been). He is not involved in personnel moves. Loomis is also a very trusted advisor so will have that role regardless, but will not be directly involved with the Pelicans per se.

Thread Information