Pelicans Report

Thread: March 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Houston Rockets - 31-43

Pelicans March 24th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Houston Rockets - 31-43

After what feels like forever with no Pelicans games, we are ready to play again today against the Houston Rockets. Recently, you've probably heard that they have this guy, kinda weird to be honest, he doesn't seem to know what defense is, called James Harden? Apparently he's quite good at the whole ''scoring'' thing, wouldn't know myself. Sounds kinda like a hype job.

Anyway, this ''James Harden'' guy is going to be on court for them this game, and if the rumours are true he's probably going to score a lot of points. That means that we're probably going to lose, which is fine because we're kinda trying to do that right now.

Joking aside, we are dreadful. In the 7 games since Jrue Holiday went out, the New Orleans Pelicans have posted the WORST offensive rating in the entire league, and the 29th defense; only Cleveland have been worse on the defensive end. We are truly just the worst team in the league right now. Atrociously bad. No disrespect to anyone who's playing, but wow, it's kinda disgusting. If we weren't trying to lose, I'd be crying right now.

With any luck, we can take a big fat L against Houston. They did us a solid by losing to Dallas in their last game, and unexpected win for Dallas that makes up for our silly win against them the other day. Hopefully that levels things out a little bit.

We have Christian Wood now, and he's probably going to play. Rumour has it that he'll be wearing #35, which is a bit of an odd pick but I can respect that. Hopefully he lives up the the G-League hype, it would be good to have another young prospect to invest into just as the season ends.

Let's go and #DoItBig!
    Basketball.

Think Harden gets 60+ on our D tonight or do they cut back on his playing time tonight knowing we are tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Think Harden gets 60+ on our D tonight or do they cut back on his playing time tonight knowing we are tanking?
    Depends. If our guys play as little defense as they have been, there'll be fewer foul calls than usual so he won't get to the FT line 20 times. On the other hand, if they don't play D he'll just shoot 25 threes. Even at 33% from deep, that's 24 points alone. Could easily be a 50 night even if he only plays 30 minutes as long as he chucks hard enough.

Imagine if Chris Paul and Eric Gordon were on our team right now.

Real rough start to the game. 4 minutes in, we have scored: 2 points.

9 minutes deep, Frank Jackson is our leading scorer with 5

End of the first, down 33-19, Frank is still our leading scorer with 7. AD comes in second, with 4 points on 2 of 7 shooting,.

Our defense, if you can call it that, has just been shredded hard.

Hoped to have seen Christian Wood by now

I see the Pels are already thinking about Cancun. This is tough to watch but long live the tank.

I like this Christian Wood kid a lot! Was watching him before the game wondering who the hell this AD looking big man was! Guy has range and is super smoothe.

Why Stanley Johnson and no Christian Wood!?

Thank you Gentry! This is what I wanted to see is Wood/Okafor front court.

Frank Jackson as I have said before we drafted him was going to be the steal of the draft. This kid is going to be a good one.

Stanley Johnson starting to play more like the player I thought he was. Something about those first few games here I just did not like but man he looks like a different player all the sudden.

Well, at least Frank was good.

Thread Information