Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: What do we do about Elfrid?

I second the Cool Runnings DVD.

You guys are kind of both right and wrong at the same time. Tin sounds like the same people who said the Saints were moving to SA. I can already hear his "but that's a strawman blah blah blah" but it isn't. It's relevant because you are pinning the city into this weird box that it can only support one team based on some weird argument that it can't target a certain demographic that already doesn't buy season tickets anyway. It's a but hypocritical arguing the other side is being to linear while being even more linear.

Mythrol makes sense but it's all completely MOOT because when you look at the psychology of our FO, they are always in a "make us competitive" mindset. Not a "throw it all in to win now mindset" but definitely not the type of FO to tank two seasons in a row.

As always, MM both contributes no information or.....anything but bandwidth usage really. His "conversations" go the same way:

1) Make a post that attacks people but adds no value to the thread.

2) Repeat step one in one week.

And then I am the jerk that posts something two says after everything died down. Been busy.

Carry on.

I will respond to your part about me: I have hope that our FO is different now that Mrs Benson is the owner. I could be wrong and they will still try to rush the rebuild, or like I said before maybe we get a package that makes us competitive right away, but maybe Mrs B saw how the last build around AD went and is willing to try something different.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    I second the Cool Runnings DVD.

You guys are kind of both right and wrong at the same time. Tin sounds like the same people who said the Saints were moving to SA. I can already hear his "but that's a strawman blah blah blah" but it isn't. It's relevant because you are pinning the city into this weird box that it can only support one team based on some weird argument that it can't target a certain demographic that already doesn't buy season tickets anyway. It's a but hypocritical arguing the other side is being to linear while being even more linear.

Mythrol makes sense but it's all completely MOOT because when you look at the psychology of our FO, they are always in a "make us competitive" mindset. Not a "throw it all in to win now mindset" but definitely not the type of FO to tank two seasons in a row.

As always, MM both contributes no information or.....anything but bandwidth usage really. His "conversations" go the same way:

1) Make a post that attacks people but adds no value to the thread.

2) Repeat step one in one week.

And then I am the jerk that posts something two says after everything died down. Been busy.

Carry on.
    So, you can already here my strawman argument, when it's you that begins & bases your entire soliloquy on what you THINK I thought, regarding the Saints moving to San Antonio? I R O N Y ! Holy Cow.
    Opinion axiomatically means NOT fact or fiction.
    If it is an opinion, then the only fact is that "if opinions vary on the same subject" then FACT is not in the equation.
    A FACT does not leave room for opinion.
    I have Zero qualms about Myth's position or Smonty's position. Mine just differs.
    There's no need for your psychoanalysis based on a random/made-up position that you claim I had regarding the Saints and San Antonio. What tha!?

This thread.

Glad to be on the outside

Well? Silence all of a sudden. I was enjoying this debate!

Let us restart this discussion

Do I hear 2 year 9 mill? 2 year 10 mill?

Sure let's continue.

What we should do about Payton is wait. Wait until we have a new GM, a new coach, wait until we know exactly what players are on the team this summer, and then we can see about what to offer him and how long.

The same approach should be applied to every player on this team who will have a team option or be a free agent.

It's not just about what would it take to keep Payton or Randle or Miller, etc. It's Player X vs the entire rest of the free agent pool. What can we get for that money and what's the best fit for the team going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Sure let's continue.

What we should do about Payton is wait. Wait until we have a new GM, a new coach, wait until we know exactly what players are on the team this summer, and then we can see about what to offer him and how long.

The same approach should be applied to every player on this team who will have a team option or be a free agent.

It's not just about what would it take to keep Payton or Randle or Miller, etc. It's Player X vs the entire rest of the free agent pool. What can we get for that money and what's the best fit for the team going forward?

Are you saying new GM may nix both Randle and Payton? Do a house cleaning ?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    No, that is clearly not what he is saying.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Lol. No. I don't know what the new GM will do. Maybe whoever we hire wants to keep both. All I'm saying is before we discuss what type of contract a player should get let's wait and see what our team and entire organization looks like after the season.

Thread Information