Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: March 18th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks - 30-42

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I don't care about draft position. We're gonna get a top 10 pick regardless. I like winning, and seeing the guys happy. They work hard. They should get rewarded for it.
    If you will be fine with short term thinking, then I don't wanna see y'all complain when we can only draft some flop of a player. Priorities first man, and the reality is most of the contributors on this team is playing for THEIR future and contracts not to be apart of our future. That's my whole issue with this. Most guys playing right now won't probably even be here after this season so idc about winning if a culture won't be built and we are forced to draft freaking Romeo Langford based on players like Darius Miller balling out for us
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    If you will be fine with short term thinking, then I don't wanna see y'all complain when we can only draft some flop of a player. Priorities first man, and the reality is most of the contributors on this team is playing for THEIR future and contracts not to be apart of our future. That's my whole issue with this. Most guys playing right now won't probably even be here after this season so idc about winning if a culture won't be built and we are forced to draft freaking Romeo Langford based on players like Darius Miller balling out for us
    This is so true.

Think about it. Who is guaranteed to be on the team next season? Not ''who do we want to resign'', but who is already guaranteed, locked in, secured, no question?

- Jrue Holiday
    - Solomon Hill
    - E'twaun Moore
    - Frank Jackson
    - Kenrich Williams

That is it. Randle has a player option, so he may opt in or he may not, and even if he leaves we may re-sign him, but he's not guaranteed. Elfrid is a FA. Miller is a FA. Diallo is a FA. Jah is on a team option, so he's probably coming back but again, not guaranteed. AD is going to be traded unquestionably, so we don't know what return he will get us yet.

Knowing this, why on earth would you be pro-winning when the guys who lead us to those wins, like Randle, Payton, Miller, etc, could very very easily not be on the team in September? Why sacrifice a chance at, for example, Jarrett Culver in exchange for someone at 10th, just for the sake of letting Darius Miller get $5m in September?
    Basketball.

I'm ok not re-signing Diallo. He loses his defenders so easy. Got a great motor but his body moves faster than his brain.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I'm ok not re-signing Diallo. He loses his defenders so easy. Got a great motor but his body moves faster than his brain.
    I would agree with you if this was October. I think he's shown enough to be worth keeping. His defense has gotten MUCH better this year, and he's developed a little bit of range out to maybe 12 feet. If we can get him cheap, which should be very easy to do, I'd keep him.

I've said in the past I'd give Diallo slightly over a minimum deal for a couple years because he still has a lot of developing to do. Basically just enough to beat out other minimum offers.

To be clear, I'm not against re-signing him. Yes, defense has improved and he is still very young. I wouldn't chase him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is so true.

Think about it. Who is guaranteed to be on the team next season? Not ''who do we want to resign'', but who is already guaranteed, locked in, secured, no question?

- Jrue Holiday
    - Solomon Hill
    - E'twaun Moore
    - Frank Jackson
    - Kenrich Williams

That is it. Randle has a player option, so he may opt in or he may not, and even if he leaves we may re-sign him, but he's not guaranteed. Elfrid is a FA. Miller is a FA. Diallo is a FA. Jah is on a team option, so he's probably coming back but again, not guaranteed. AD is going to be traded unquestionably, so we don't know what return he will get us yet.

Knowing this, why on earth would you be pro-winning when the guys who lead us to those wins, like Randle, Payton, Miller, etc, could very very easily not be on the team in September? Why sacrifice a chance at, for example, Jarrett Culver in exchange for someone at 10th, just for the sake of letting Darius Miller get $5m in September?
    This is one of many reasons you are an arm chair GM and not a real one. Or playing vets minutes on a bad team to allow guys half as good to kill their chances at getting paid is such a real idea. Man we would have guys like Payton and Randle lining up to take team friendly deals here to set themselves up in the off season. We made the commitment and just like we ask them to finish it so should we. Maybe one day you will get over Randle playing well I know you are dying for him to have that 1 bad game.. I hope im the next 9 you can finally get this relief.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is one of many reasons you are an arm chair GM and not a real one. Or playing vets minutes on a bad team to allow guys half as good to kill their chances at getting paid is such a real idea. Man we would have guys like Payton and Randle lining up to take team friendly deals here to set themselves up in the off season. We made the commitment and just like we ask them to finish it so should we. Maybe one day you will get over Randle playing well I know you are dying for him to have that 1 bad game.. I hope im the next 9 you can finally get this relief.
    Good thing I literally never said that we shouldn't play vets (FYI, we don't really have any aside from Jason Smith right now), at all, or even anything close to that.

Are you related to Randle or something? You're honestly the most defensive person I've ever met on a forum, and that is saying a lot. The minute someone criticises a player you like (which I didn't even do here!!) you fly off the handle like someone just told you your wife was ugly or something. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Good thing I literally never said that we shouldn't play vets (FYI, we don't really have any aside from Jason Smith right now), at all, or even anything close to that.

Are you related to Randle or something? You're honestly the most defensive person I've ever met on a forum, and that is saying a lot. The minute someone criticises a player you like (which I didn't even do here!!) you fly off the handle like someone just told you your wife was ugly or something. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I keep forgetting g Jason Smith is on the team.

Nice team win. Payton is playing great!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I keep forgetting g Jason Smith is on the team.
    Guess I don't need to worry about forgetting it now.

Thread Information