Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: March 16th - New Orleans Pelicans VS Phoenix Suns - 30-41

It’s an embarrassment.. tank or no tank . It’s embarrassing display of professional basketball and New Orleans deserves better than this trash.

There’s no way I can support this incompetence
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Or is that the best way to tank? I'm not sure if it was blind ineptitude or genius tanking.
    We have picked up 1 spot in draft #8 & are closing in fast on #7 . #6 firmly in reach !

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    It’s an embarrassment.. tank or no tank . It’s embarrassing display of professional basketball and New Orleans deserves better than this trash.

I can support the young guys. The coaching staff has totally cratered. Some confusion at who called the timeout. It looked like Alvin to me.

Glad to see Nancy Lieberman speaking the truth. 'Thousands of games over four decades...'Keystone Cops'
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Falling on the sword while throwing someone else under the bus at the same time. That's special right there. The only thing missing at the end of that game was Meadowlark Lemon chasing Curly Neal around the arena with a bucket of confetti.

The Pels are trying to compete with the Knicks for the title of tank master.

Not sure why everyone is so upset at this. Didn't we get everything we wanted out of it? We got to play a lot of players extended minutes, try out a lot of combinations, Elfrid got his fourth consecutive triple double, and still moved up in the lottery. If we had wanted to win, all we had to do was inbound the pass with 7.7 seconds left and it was over. What's not to like about tonight?

Incredible loss. Simply mind-blowing.

I'm extremely glad that AD didn't get any extra minutes despite it going to OT. Elfrid has been great recently, he's had 59 assists and only 11 turnovers in the last 5 games he's played. Just super effective ball handling without throwing it away.
    Basketball.

What a magical night it was in the blender. Man I'm framing this ticket! Do it big!

Re-live the moment!

You guys wouldn't know art if it garfunkeled allover your face.

Just for context, since I think sometimes people forget how significant moving up one spot in the lottery is.

At 9th place, where we were before tonight, we had a 1 in 5 chance of getting a top 4 pick, at 20.3%, and a 4.5% chance at the number one pick.

With the loss tonight, we move into 8th. That gives us a slightly better than 1 in 4 chance of getting a top 4 pick, at 26.3%, and a 6.3% chance at the number one pick. Those odds are fairly significantly better.

If we manage to move into 6th by the end of the season, which is totally possible, that would give us a 37.2% chance at a top 4 pick and a 9% chance of the #1 overall. Those odds are so much better, it's definitely worth the tank.

Loooool that AD reaction is priceless. Clawed back a little respect

When I first saw that replay I thought AD was reaching out his hands for a hug and Booker left him hanging.

I still like my interpretation best.

Watching the replay - again. Clearly, Erman is calling someone to foul. why he just doesn't throw that stack of papers in the air is beyond me. Somebody at the end of our bench - maybe Randle, looks extremely upset when we call the timeout. Finally, we need to lock-down Joel Myers for another 25 years. That guy is classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post

Exactly. I mean I laughed at last night and this morning and now it is kind of disgusting. Davis deserves better. We deserve better.

I’m going back to laughing about it now.

Davis deserves better? Davis deserves whatever he gets for how he's handled things.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Davis deserves better? Davis deserves whatever he gets for how he's handled things.
    Boston would not be bad for him for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Why would we trade with ANY team in the west? Why make them better?
    Because the Pelicans are about to enter a rebuild which if done properly will take a few years. Davis is likely in his 30s by the time the Pelicans build a contender again with the draft picks and young stars they will draft with.

Conference rivalries is about the last thing that the Pelicans should worry about. I get not trading to the Lakers because of the double ************ duo of LeBron and Rich Paul but all other teams should be on the table or else their not doing themselves any favors by having as many offers as possible available to them.

It was terrible way to lose this game. We all want to tank but not with this kind of sh...

AD's reaction=Pel's fan reaction to his trade request

Thread Information