Pelicans Report

Thread: Should we give Will Wade a role if he does not get his job back at LSU?

Should we give Will Wade a role if he does not get his job back at LSU?

How would you feel about this? Hiring Will Wade as assistant coach? Scout ? Some who could lure us free agents without Trump’s FBI chiming in?

How would he lure free agents better than the next qualified guy?

Also, as a point of reference, I believe this investigation began in early 2016 and has more to do with how destructive and corrupt AAU basketball has become and how shoe companies try to drive the business. Also, there is a laundry list of schools involved, with several Assistant Coaches having been arrested. From what I've read, Kansas and Arizona are the ones who should be worried most. But having had a brother who played on the infamous SMU Death Penalty team, I will say this: The NCAA will look for a sacrificial lamb before taking down any of it's Blue Blood programs. A program not historically dominate but just enough to be relevant. And LSU might fit that bill. They are the most arrogant and hypocritical organization in this country. Even more so than the NFL. They answer to no one. The President of the NCAA that led the investigation of SMU was a Univ. of Texas President. How'S that for fair and unbiased?

But I've digressed and have zero ties or interest in what goes on up in BTR.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

I would hire him as our HC as he is more Quin Snyder than he is Billy Donavan.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would hire him as our HC as he is more Quin Snyder than he is Billy Donavan.
    Good idea. I think he would be a great NBA Coach. Much like Quinn, Billy, and Larry Brown.

I'm not sure..... He won't be able to get away with such blatant recruiting unless he renames himself Lebron

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    I'm not sure..... He won't be able to get away with such blatant recruiting unless he renames himself Lebron
    He'll do fine. He's allowed to throw money at players to get them to come here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The same reason Calipari would be a great HC as well. Only difference is Cal knows how to cover his tracks. Will Wade or Cal would be great for New Orleans basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Catch him giving out Solomon Hill deals in no time.
    Basketball.

I'd be down for it.

I'd much rather find the "Next Brad Stevens" than take another mediocre re-tread.

First of all no. We don't need this organisation distracted with an FBI probe on the lips of every media person in addition to everything else. As a Tigers fan, I want him at LSU for a few years still.

To humor the idea, it would be interesting if Shaka and Wade teamed up again in the NBA. Shaka has been on a downward turn at Texas but I'd give him an interview.

Thread Information