Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brandon Ingram - Blood Clot

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Damn this sucks! That’s alright as long as he can come back 100% doesn’t change anything for me. Would like to see him finish the season but this also doesn’t allow them to increase Ingram’s value if he continued to play at a post all star break to finish out the season. Will not concentrate on a few other. Young teams and packages they will have to offer. That Lakers pick with Lebron and now Ingram our is looking pretty good. They will have trouble winning another game if Lebrons minutes and games are slashed as much as they say it will be.
    He's definitely out for the season. They're talking a couple of months at least. And it could be just a one off and never happen again. BUT, it could happen again, and his career could be over. Is it worth that risk when there are other options available?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    He's definitely out for the season. They're talking a couple of months at least. And it could be just a one off and never happen again. BUT, it could happen again, and his career could be over. Is it worth that risk when there are other options available?
    No. I'd be saying the same if it was Tatum.

There's a reason Chris Bosh got medically cleared to play but his own doctors, and still nobody has signed him. This is dangerous.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    It’s hurtful from a trade point of view. But you still need to approach it from a point of strength. If the Celtics want Davis they have to pay. We can still keep him and they will never get him. And you need to bargain from that.

The Franchise
    It sucks in a couple ways. 1- we can’t flip injured player (Ingram and Ball) along with value their value going down. 2- Boston will see this lower value and drop their offering. Either way it looks like we may get a lot less than we were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    It sucks in a couple ways. 1- we can’t flip injured player (Ingram and Ball) along with value their value going down. 2- Boston will see this lower value and drop their offering. Either way it looks like we may get a lot less than we were expecting.
    I don't actually think that's true, by the way. I think the introduction of the Nets as a competitor (remember they reportedly make an offer before the deadline) sort of sits as a baseline below which nothing can drop, and something like Allen, Kurucs, and the Nets 1st is a solid enough deal to mean that Boston and NYC can't afford to try and rob us.

Good thing we got Randle instead of Ingram. Acquiring Randle was one of Demps better moves. It would have been really bad if we had traded AD for Ingram. As for Ingram man this is not good but I feel he still can make it. I think he returns next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Probably. And as much as it's a cold and kind of callous thing to say, doesn't this re-affirm how waiting until after the deadline was the right move? Imagine if we had taken the final Lakers offer, only for Ingram to come over, have half a dozen good games and then possibly be out of the league. Would have been an unbelievable mess.
    This needs to be mentioned more. As much as the "trade AD before the deadline incase he gets injured" crowd balked at the idea of keeping him and the risk of it, we never really mentioned the possibility of traded players being injured or career threatening conditions.

This adds quite a bit more credence to waiting until the summer to trade AD. Now with the news of Lonzo being shut down for the remainder of the season we'd have been looking at a pretty bad trade package when the top two pieces of it aren't healthy.

[QUOTE=6warddude;1483697]
    it looks like the basketball gods maybe giving us another star in zion by sending AD out,if everything fall right for the knicks....
    [/QUOT

the people who think this(it's not a belief on the knicks forum btw) must not be keyed in on just what the zion factor or the zion level of excitement is right now.

Look at this ncaa tourney right now....there is *one* player everyone is talking about. Whoever wins that lottery...be it the knicks, hawks, us, whoever...all that excitement and buzz is just going to funnel to a more specific destination then. And then we'll see how silly the idea even is.

This is a bold statement, but it's true- there isn't a SINGLE player in the nba right now who would net the Zion Williamson pick in a trade. The greek freak is probably the closest. Anthony Davis, as great as he is, certainly isn't. And it's not really close. And it has a lot more to do with just Zion the basketball player and his overall value on the court in 2019-20, 2020-21, etc.......

Will Zion have a better PER or whatever than Leonard or AD or a bunch of other players in 2019-20? Unlikely.....

but you could ask 100 nba fans who they would be most excited to see play a game next year......Zion would win that poll over everyone. Even lebron and steph. And probably easily. Now not every team needs a star like that to the same degree(obviously the knicks and the garden is a lot different than our situation) from a narketing and entertainment perspective, but it certainly matters.

then you add in the rookie contract scale factor. And his age. And the rookie contract scale factor again. And his upside.

I think we have a shot with a knicks deal *maybe* if they get like the 3rd or 4th pick. I like mitchell robinson and morant. Would they give that for AD? I dunno.....they offered Kristaps earlier, and seeing what they ended up getting for him considering his situation morant/BArrett(who I am less high on) + robinson is a hell of a lot more than that.....so I think there is a good chance they wouldnt part with a non-1 top 3 pick. Maybe if KD were lined up(KD is a hell of a lot more important than Kyrie)

I think whoever the team is a good portion of this forum is going to be dissapointed. I'll be satisfied as long as we get at least one nice piece(Tatum or a good draft pick or something like that)......if it's tatum + filler I can live with that in the end.

Meh.

The odds are still against us getting Zion, but if the Knicks get the number one pick (long shot) and Kyrie and KD want to go there, you can bet they would rather play with an AD in his prime than a rookie Zion. They might even tell the Knicks going to them is contingent upon them getting AD.

That's a lot of paragraphs and absolutes for holes to be so easily poked into it.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 03-23-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Meh.

The odds are still against us getting Zion, but if the Knicks get the number one pick (long shot) and Kyrie and KD want to go there, you can bet they would rather play with an AD in his prime than a rookie Zion. They might even tell the Knicks going to them is contingent upon them getting AD.

That's a lot of paragraphs and absolutes for holes to be so easily poked into it.

Looks like Devin Booker is starting a pretty nice dream team in PHX. If they get Zion or Morant look out!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    This is something I don’t think anybody here can really answer. I’ll leave it up to the DR on something like this. He’s not the only package I want but this doesn’t change anything for me unless a DR says otherwise. I’m just hoping a the right team lands that 1st pick so we can get Zion!

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Meh.

I think they absolutely would want to trade for AD if they get that pick. I’m praying the Knicks get that pick because I fully believe KD and Kyrie will be Knicks next season. They have the chance to add AD they will do the same thing Lebron did for Kevin Love. People can say Zion is differen then Wiggins well AD is different then Love. Also Zions play style needing the ball in his hands creating for himself and others does not gel with Kyrie or KD. You don’t get a much better compliment then AD for those 2 who can impact a game without touching the ball.

Thread Information