Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Zion #1 pick - Done Deal ? Why?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's cool. It's partly my fault, but when I hear someone say ''outside shot'' in today's NBA, I automatically think threes.

He is super young though, yep. Will be barely a few months over 19 when he plays his first NBA game.
    Do you think getting Zion correlates to FA wanting to come here or it's a non-sequitur ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Do you think getting Zion correlates to FA wanting to come here or it's a non-sequitur ?
    I think it will depend. This summer? No, not really. I don't think free agents are going to wager multiple years of their career on an unproven rookie. But if he really shows out and has an incredible rookie season, kind of like how Doncic is doing this year, and the media hype surrounding him stays, again like Doncic has had, then it could encourage some FAs to consider us a little more strongly than they may otherwise.
    Watching Pelicans games is what Georges Bataille meant by limit experiences.

Zion is definitely going to be the 1st pick. But there is a reason Barrett was the highest rated high school player, with Zion being 2nd. Zion is a freak of nature that enforces his will on teams but I would be willing to bet that if they were on different teams the answer wouldn't be so clear cut.

All in all I would take any of the three of Zion, Barrett or Morant as the centerpiece of the AD deal.

I also want to add that I think Barrett will be a star in the NBA. When I watch him play he reminds me of T-Mac a lot. That's a lofty aspiration but I see a lot of similarities in their games. Including body type.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Zion is definitely going to be the 1st pick. But there is a reason Barrett was the highest rated high school player, with Zion being 2nd. Zion is a freak of nature that enforces his will on teams but I would be willing to bet that if they were on different teams the answer wouldn't be so clear cut.

All in all I would take any of the three of Zion, Barrett or Morant as the centerpiece of the AD deal.

I also want to add that I think Barrett will be a star in the NBA. When I watch him play he reminds me of T-Mac a lot. That's a lofty aspiration but I see a lot of similarities in their games. Including body type.
    I see that, actually. It's not like a copy and paste, but I do see elements of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I see that, actually. It's not like a copy and paste, but I do see elements of it.
    Something about his mannerisms and the way he moves and shoots.

Thread Information