Pelicans Report

Thread: Frank Jackson for All NBA Rookie Team

Frank Jackson for All NBA Rookie Team

He deserves to be in the running for an All Rookie team (he will most likely be put on the 2nd Team if he is named to one).

CBS gets it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...roy-votes/amp/

With Jrue out look for Frank to get some major spin.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Lol. I don't know, if he played consistent minutes throughout the season, then I would agree with you. But I don't think he'll get there. If he gets to the 2nd team I'll be pleasantly surprised.

So many PGs doing well on that list.

I think Hustle has a better shot atm, but with a strong finish to the season we will see.

Games like today will push him through to an All Rookie team position.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Games like today will push him through to an All Rookie team position.
    He's been given a chance, consistent performances is key. He's too hot/cold to be taken seriously yet

Quote Originally Posted by Impose View Post
    He's been given a chance, consistent performances is key. He's too hot/cold to be taken seriously yet
    You could easily respond the other way: yes, he's been given chances, but consistent chances are key. Despite playing in 54 games this season, Frank has only played more than 30 minutes three times. He's only played more than 20 minutes twenty-one times.

By comparison, Marvin Bagley has played 47 games, and 40 of them have been at least 20 minutes. Mikal Bridges has played in 68 games, and has played at least 30 minutes twenty-eight times.

Frank simply hasn't been given the minutes, with any consistency, that other rookies have been.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You could easily respond the other way: yes, he's been given chances, but consistent chances are key. Despite playing in 54 games this season, Frank has only played more than 30 minutes three times. He's only played more than 20 minutes twenty-one times.

By comparison, Marvin Bagley has played 47 games, and 40 of them have been at least 20 minutes. Mikal Bridges has played in 68 games, and has played at least 30 minutes twenty-eight times.

Frank simply hasn't been given the minutes, with any consistency, that other rookies have been.
    I get your point but Bagley was #2 overall... Not a smart comparison. There is a reason Frank was not mocked in the lotto, it wasn't just injury. I believe in Frank but I am OK with it taking time. The consistency issue boils down to 2 things IMO.. Frank learning his spots and Frank getting those shots. At the moment I think Frank is being used as a bit of a wildcard and that's great for development but I know when he is given a more solid role based on what he can do well he'll be a more noteworthy player. That will happen after this season and more work with Jrue. He's just not quite there yet

His game is looking more like Jrue's every day, but with a smoother jump shot

He’s making it.

I want to see Frank play next to Jrue a lot next year. They could be on the same level as CJ and Dame.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I want to see Frank play next to Jrue a lot next year. They could be on the same level as CJ and Dame.
    But Jrue will quit basketball unless he plays next to a “PG”
    I fully agree and would love to see this duo together especially with Frank potentially taking his game to another level. If he can consistently create for others as he did tonight I believe Frank and Jrue would play off each other very well. We need a guard next to Jrue who can score and take some pressure off the ball handling duties. I think Frank next season can be that guy and have someone like Elfrid a true PG run the bench while getting some minutes with Holiday as well. I have said before he can be a more athletic CJ McColum with actual defense. Might not get to that level offensively but I believe he will be very close.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-24-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Thread Information