Pelicans Report

Thread: Jrue abdominal strain. To be re-evaluated in 7-10 days

Pelicans Jrue abdominal strain. To be re-evaluated in 7-10 days

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-in-7-10-days

Just shut him down? No point risking further injury.

I don't see why not. If it's a legitimate strain, which I can believe because it's not Jrue has been taking games off for trash injuries all season or anything, then he needs the time to rest. He's been all out for us, all season long, performing at a high standard. If he's out for 10 days and then can come back to end the season, and he wants to, then let him, but if it is a ''he could be back in 10 days at a rush but 20 would be better'' then give him 20. We aren't exactly begging for wins here.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    you know this season is crazy when jrue is hurt....dude has been solid for about 3 seasons now......man this season has to hurry up and get over...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    you know this season is crazy when jrue is hurt....dude has been solid for about 3 seasons now......man this season has to hurry up and get over...
    Surprised he didn't get hurt already, tbh. Man's played in pretty much every game for the last two years, was leading the league in minutes for a lot of this season, as primary ball handler and required to guard the other team's best player every game. He's been grafting all season.

And Lebron's down.

Imagine having Lebron James on your team and having to tank. Lakers are pathetic.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Surprised he didn't get hurt already, tbh. Man's played in pretty much every game for the last two years, was leading the league in minutes for a lot of this season, as primary ball handler and required to guard the other team's best player every game. He's been grafting all season.
    to me jrue is the most disrespected player in the league....you listen to nba heads talk about how he should be a allstar but jrue gets abused and dont get the foul calls he deserve....

on the side note gentry is may be forced to play frank alot of mins now but moore may get the bulk of the playing time lol smh....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    to me jrue is the most disrespected player in the league....you listen to nba heads talk about how he should be a allstar but jrue gets abused and dont get the foul calls he deserve....

on the side note gentry is may be forced to play frank alot of mins now but moore may get the bulk of the playing time lol smh....
    Frank should be getting 25 minutes a game minimum while Jrue is out. Absolutely no reason not to. Give him the chance to develop.

Jrue really is underrated. This season he should be First Team All Defense, Third Team All-NBA, and he has a STRONG argument for DPOY as well.

Don’t worry Dr. Suri has this under control.

Tim Frazier says hello

Quote Originally Posted by interrobang View Post
    Tim Frazier says hello
    Tim Frazier can go away

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Frank should be getting 25 minutes a game minimum while Jrue is out. Absolutely no reason not to. Give him the chance to develop.

Jrue really is underrated. This season he should be First Team All Defense, Third Team All-NBA, and he has a STRONG argument for DPOY as well.
    I agree but normally players that make the playoffs get those awards and now that he's out we won't come close to the playoffs. Jrue being out helps the tank (at least Philly thought so) because as long as he plays they're going to win some games.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I agree but normally players that make the playoffs get those awards and now that he's out we won't come close to the playoffs. Jrue being out helps the tank (at least Philly thought so) because as long as he plays they're going to win some games.
    General consensus is that Beal is gonna end up on an all-nba team. He will not make the playoffs in the East. I think Jrue can be excused that.

He's never gonna win DPOY because he doesn't have the hype or the narrative. The media spent 50% of this season pretending AD had no help, they aren't gonna turn around and then vote Jrue to DPOY after that. But I'm still gonna argue for it, because he deserves it.

I say we do the same thing with Jrue as the Lakers are doing with Lebron. This injury is really a non issue but keeping his legs fresh can’t be a bad thing. I would like to see him play around 22-25 mpg.

I don't understand what Lebron has to do with Jrue. Haven't we involved him in enough already?

If I'm Gentry, I let Jrue decide what's best when the Dr clears him.

And we still have to play AD? He needs a strain as well. Although it would be great to pass those two clowns in LA.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Let Jrue sleep all day. He deserves it.

Let Frank get more minutes.

Can we get a look at Trevon Bluiett? Haven't we seen all there is to see with Ian Clark already?

Thread Information