Pelicans Report

Thread: Rondo

Rondo

Did anyone catch what Rondo just did at the end of Lakers game tonight. You think he regrets not re-signing with the Pels? Would you welcome him back next year?

No, I don't want him back.
    Basketball.

No he is terrible and a huge reason the Lakers are losing. Don’t let his inflated assist that come after pounding the ball the entire shot clock for a last second shot that has to be shot. Playoff Rondo last season was very good but for some reason he just can’t seem to do it during the season. How his defense is so bad is beyond especially when he was once one of the best. On the bench surrounded by shooters he can be ok but to build part of the roster to play to Rondo is not an option. Watching the Lakers with Lonzo and watching the Lakers with Rondo is night and day.

I saw a chart on Reddit or RealGM the other day and every starter was like 10 points worse off when Rondo was on the court. He is cooked

Apparently him sitting in the court side seats isn’t new (he has done it about 10 other times this season). He is a different kind of cat, and that’s fine. His value isn’t in the regular season, but in the playoffs anyway. It’s the complete opposite of Lebron who is the king of the regular season, but doesn’t step it up for the playoffs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Wait. What if HE replaces Walton?? lol
    Last edited by SmontySwilliams; 03-07-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Wait. What if HE replaces Walton?? lol
    Mark Jackson is going to be the next Lakers coach. If it him it will be Tyron Lue. With Jackson being represented in by Clutch sports there is a connection that makes a lot of sense. Fine with me cause if the Lakers trade for AD I think it’s going to be a disaster. I would be ok with the Pelicans hiring Rondo but not at the top of my list. He could make a great coach for somebody one day.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Mark Jackson is going to be the next Lakers coach. If it him it will be Tyron Lue. With Jackson being represented in by Clutch sports there is a connection that makes a lot of sense. Fine with me cause if the Lakers trade for AD I think it’s going to be a disaster. I would be ok with the Pelicans hiring Rondo but not at the top of my list. He could make a great coach for somebody one day.
    Yeah, Mark sweats the Lakers so hard. I would bet on him as well. I do think Rondo will end up a coach but doubt he will go from player to head coach in a year. That would be disastrous as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Apparently him sitting in the court side seats isn’t new (he has done it about 10 other times this season). He is a different kind of cat, and that’s fine. His value isn’t in the regular season, but in the playoffs anyway. It’s the complete opposite of Lebron who is the king of the regular season, but doesn’t step it up for the playoffs.
    wat

Definition of a postseason player. Mails it in during the regular season. I actually think he gelled well with our guys while he was here (he has an aggressive personality and we have/had nothing but passive personalities), but he has been known to clash heads with others too often. Don’t really want disruption in the locker room.

Thread Information