Thread: March 6th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 30-36

Jrue is 3 of 3.

AD is 2 of 5.
    Randle is 2 of 6.
    Payton is 2 of 5

Jrue da goat
    Basketball.

Correction: Jrue is 4 of 4

Joel Myers is pure gold...but you knew that already.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

we just play better with out ad man its so weird

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

I love how the ref that had to over turn his out of bounds call came right down and called a "moving" pick sad ******

End of the first half, we're down 11.

Pretty bad half for the entire team, to be honest. Jrue was scoring really well, very efficient, but not much playmaking. Randle had his worse half in a while, only 4 points on 2 of 7 shooting, 3 turnovers with only 1 assist, got a team worst -14 +/-. Hopefully he pulls that back in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Joel Myers is pure gold...but you knew that already.
    I love both Joel and Wesley. Such a good duo that we are lucky to have.

Snyder looks like such a Coke head

Looked like we were making a good comeback for a moment there but the Jazz grabbed a hold of things again, kept the deficit up to around 15.

Randle leads the team in minutes played.

Diallo and Okafor have both played under 10 minutes.

It's happening again.

This is part of why I don't like the ''trying to win'' strategy, at least with Gentry as coach.

I've said time and time and again that if we play hard, with the young guys involved, and just happen to win, I'll take it.

But with Gentry, trying to win means youth gets glued to the bench (Okafor, Diallo), in favour of just pumping minutes through Randle. That is antithetical to our future, as it gives us no chance to develop depth in those younger players, and it's the only way Gentry knows how to win. One of his biggest problems has always been rotations, and we're seeing it again. We're down double digits with only 2 minutes to go, and he STILL won't play Okafor or Diallo!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is part of why I don't like the ''trying to win'' strategy, at least with Gentry as coach.

I've said time and time and again that if we play hard, with the young guys involved, and just happen to win, I'll take it.

But with Gentry, trying to win means youth gets glued to the bench (Okafor, Diallo), in favour of just pumping minutes through Randle. That is antithetical to our future, as it gives us no chance to develop depth in those younger players, and it's the only way Gentry knows how to win. One of his biggest problems has always been rotations, and we're seeing it again. We're down double digits with only 2 minutes to go, and he STILL won't play Okafor or Diallo!
    and yet i get **********ed at for that sentiment lol

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Snyder looks like such a Coke head

I would gladly pay that coke head to be our coke head.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would gladly pay that coke head to be our coke head.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

The good thing is that we know what we have in those guys, and we also know that Gentry is a gone pecan after this year, so the new guy will be able to coach them up properly (something that Gentry has shown an inability to do).

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    The good thing is that we know what we have in those guys, and we also know that Gentry is a gone pecan after this year, so the new guy will be able to coach them up properly (something that Gentry has shown an inability to do).
    I get it, but I just hate the fact that we're wasting playing time they could get, while making our pick worse, on the stupid and vain assumption that trying to win by benching them is somehow going to develop them better than accepting losses while playing them.

Yea it would be real smart to screw over a player we made a promise to who signed with us on a 1 year deal friendly deal to showcase himself for his next contract. I’m sure FAs would be lined up to come play here. I’m sure that would sit over real well with Randle who is playing at a very high level in favor of players who aren’t half the player he is currently. Like Uno said these coaches know what we have and they will get good minutes and better opportunities when AD is out. We are doing exactly what we should be doing. Dumbest move we could currently make would be slashing Randles minutes.

Screw over? How?
    What promise?
    FAs already don't come here.
    High level on one side of the ball.

Randle is already going to get paid in the summer. He's had a bunch of big games, he's been on the Pels twitter, the Pels instagram, the Pels site, he's been pushed a bunch, given Player of the Game mentions he hasn't deserved at times. I'm not saying play him 5 minutes or anything. I'm saying we've already put out that Jrue's minutes are going down. They have been, although not as much as I would want.

Why play ANYONE more than about 30 minutes now? Why bother? Randle is not going to show any skills in 40 minutes that he doesn't show in 30, and his numbers wouldnt even necessarily go down: Jrue's numbers have gone up since his minutes got cut.

How you can’t understand slashing Randles minutes for the reasons I stated is a terrible idea blows my mind. Saying FAs already don’t come here is such a good reason to. Because we have lured in any super stars does not mean FAs don’t come here. We have had quite a few good players come here with Randle and Payton coming this season. Randle in particular is playing at a very high level wether you wanna dis credit it or not and just about nobody especially basketball layers agree with you. He has a +64 and that’s not some fluke. You simply don’t slash minutes from a player who signed to play a certain role on a friendly deal and in a contract year that will change his life. Playing the rest of the season absolutely matters to him and why wouldn’t it? Have you ever played any sports and know the importance of competing to athletes? I highly doubt he’s cool letting players who are currently half as good take his minutes as he loses knowing he can have a bigger impact. Come on man. Or you can just argue to be right which I fully expect. Nothing else to say regarding this.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    How you can’t understand slashing Randles minutes for the reasons I stated is a terrible idea blows my mind. Saying FAs already don’t come here is such a good reason to. Because we have lured in any super stars does not mean FAs don’t come here. We have had quite a few good players come here with Randle and Payton coming this season. Randle in particular is playing at a very high level wether you wanna dis credit it or not and just about nobody especially basketball layers agree with you. He has a +64 and that’s not some fluke. You simply don’t slash minutes from a player who signed to play a certain role on a friendly deal and in a contract year that will change his life. Playing the rest of the season absolutely matters to him and why wouldn’t it? Have you ever played any sports and know the importance of competing to athletes? I highly doubt he’s cool letting players who are currently half as good take his minutes as he loses knowing he can have a bigger impact. Come on man. Or you can just argue to be right which I fully expect. Nothing else to say regarding this.
    And now we've moved on from ''do you even watch basketball'' to ''do you even play sports''.

Dude, just step away from the keyboard. You don't know how to use it.

No more like you have moved on to picking that out of the entire discussion because you have such a problem admitting you might be wrong. Nothing crazy stating you obviously don’t watch Ingram with some of the things you spew and that is obvious. Asking if you have ever played sports is a pretty logical question again with some of these ideas that the best atheletes in the world are just suppose to lose games and not really care about having their minutes slashed especially when playing at a very high level that will impact the rest of your life. LoL I’ll step away from the keyboard since I’m not a little kid that needs to be heard and always have the last word.

Thread Information