Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pelicans 2019-2020 Roster Moves

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I'm just gonna look at the current guys we have now.

AD - trade obviously for the best value.

Stanley Johnson - Negative value. One year left on rookie deal. Inclined to keep him, but wouldn't oppose waiving 4th year option

Et'waun Moore - Keep him for now. We can either let him expire or trade him at the deadline to a team looking to slash salary if we're making a playoff push.

Cheick Diallo - Bring him back for sure. Very good backup player. Offer a 2 year $5-8 million total.

Solomon Hill - see Etwaun Moore. Has little value except for a team trying to shed long-term money;

Jrue Holiday - Almost untouchable unless blown away by an offer.

Frank Jackson - He's cheap and young

Darius Miller - Replacement level player - At the most offer a one year - $2.5 million contract

Jason Smith - minimum level player/roster filler. Would let him go

Elfrid Payton - bring him back on a one year deal around 2-3 million for now. Not a proven long-term starter yet.

Julius Randle - offer a 4 year/$76 million contract starting at $16-17 million. Potential to be a 24/10 player consistently

Ian Clark - let him go. Negative value

Travon Bluiett - minimum level player

Kenrich Williams - on a great cheap deal. Bring him back and see if he continues to improve

Jahlil Okafor - see Kenrich Williams. Another nice cheap deal

Dairis Bertans - see how he peforms the rest of the season. He a cheap team option.

GREAT JOB!!!! WITH THE PROTENTIAL OF A bOSTON TRADE. Tatum, Brown, Horford and 1- 1st Round pick
    lakers Trade: Kuz, Ingram,Ball and Hart and a High 1st round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Saints#34 View Post
    Is K Williams a SF? Or a guard? Haven’t been able to watch much up here in the north east, esp since the AD bomb so I haven’t seen him play.

It would be nice to have a capable SF for the first time in years.

I would personally love to see a Payton-Jrue-Randall core with whatever assets we get for AD. Okafor seems to have done well and we have him cheap another year. Is a front court if Okafor and Randall a giant black hole on defense though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He is a SF but have the Size to play PF. I still do not understand why we did not keep M. Morris

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Elfrid Payton - bring him back on a one year deal around 2-3 million for now. Not a proven long-term starter yet.
    I needed to single this one out. What makes you think this? He's had a very good career before he came to NOLA.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Gotta make Randle a priority.

The GM will have leverage if Kenny Hustle can remain a starter and improve as a starter. It’s a long shot but if he can continue improving I would say we have less of an interest in Tatum and that we could draft a SF if we wanted to or we could possibly get a better deal for AD. We gotta be in a position with Boston that gives us more leverage. The better Kenrich plays the more leverage we will have. I want us to have leverage that forces Boston to give us Tatum, Smart, and another player Baynes? Plus at least 3 first rounders but really I want all 4 of their first round picks plus Tatum. If we have to throw in Moore and two of our second round picks or something I’d hope we do something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I needed to single this one out. What makes you think this? He's had a very good career before he came to NOLA.
    No he hasn't. If he had a very good career before coming here, he would have gotten more than a cheap one year deal. He's been inconsistent mostly, especially offensively since he's struggled with his shooting.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Thread Information