Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans 2019-2020 Roster Moves

Pelicans Pelicans 2019-2020 Roster Moves

E. PAYTON BRING BACK
    Randle Sign To Muti Years Deal
    Okafor Sign Two Year Deal (Right price)
    S Johnson Summer League and see
    D. Miller Under Contract
    K Williams Sign Mult Year Rookie Deal. ( Demp Hit a HOME RUN with THis GUY)
    F.Jackson Great UPSIDE!!! Stay
    j. Smith Keep the Last man on Roster!!
    C. Diallo Sign to Mult Year deal

Mr Miss THE Big Shot Moore
    Ian clack, seldon use Hill. GOODBYE YOU GUYS SUCKS

{edited - veiled language} DAVIS TRADE AND WE WILL SEE WHO WILL BE ON THE ROSTER NEXT YEAR

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ltdee2019 View Post
    E. PAYTON BRING BACK
    D. Miller Under Contract

f u DAVIS TRADE AND WE WILL SEE WHO WILL BE ON THE ROSTER NEXT YEAR
    1) why extend Okafor, he still has 1 yr on contract
    2) Randle would have to opt out & then we would have to see who jumps up & overpay him.
    3) Stanley John is GONE.
    4) Miller is NOT under contract.
    5) Clark gone.
    6) sign Chieck to a 1& 1 deal on minimum.
    7) Sign Payton to a 2yr deal 3-4 mill per
    8) Kenrich is still under contract.
    9) Solo, AD & Moore are moving on.
    Moore is actually a good contract, won't be hard to move him.

Fire sell. Be terrible for 2 or 3 seasons draft well and be competitive in 5 years. I understand losing for some people isn't fun or enjoyable, but I'm completely ok with losing with a purpose.

Open to signing Randle multi year ONLY if it's cheap. If he demands any more than $16m per, I let him walk.

Moore will be easy to move if we decide to do that. 40+% three point shooter on a pretty small contract, expiring. Teams will want that.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    E'Twaun lost a step after his injury. The dude was playing lights out for us for a little bit. Needless to say, I think we should move him. I always enjoyed watching him, but he's getting older and I think he'd be a better fit for someone who's making more of a playoff push.

Gotta re-sign Payton. Non-negotiable.

Try as hard as you can to get a reasonable deal for Randle. He's important for this team and I think he's very worth keeping.

I honestly don't know what to do with Darius. Good player, and hits big shots. But he is older so you gotta see what to do.

Keep Cheick.

Stanley Johnson is out. I was for keeping him when we traded for him, but he's been baaaaaad.

Shoot Solomon Hill to the moon.

Ian Clark can go elsewhere too.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    None of you guys mentioned Jrue. Don't be surprised if he requests a trade at the end of the season. Especially if we somehow get trash back in the AD trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnos 2 View Post
    None of you guys mentioned Jrue. Don't be surprised if he requests a trade at the end of the season. Especially if we somehow get trash back in the AD trade.
    Thats Silly. Jrue has 3 yrs left on his contract. Hes going nowhere at 26 million per.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Really depends on the return we get for AD. If we get Tatum, Brown, and/or Smart, I definitely think he stays.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    Really depends on the return we get for AD. If we get Tatum, Brown, and/or Smart, I definitely think he stays.
    Yeah, agreed.

If the team goes full-tear down, then maybe Jrue asks to be moved so that he can have one last chance at winning (he's not old but he's certainly not young enough to sit through a 3-4 year rebuild without his game deteriorating), and in those circumstances I would be okay with moving him. Both out of respect for what he's done for us, and also as a way of gathering more assets.

If the team makes even token efforts at remaining decent next year as they enter a kind of quick re-tool, either via the Boston trade or some other avenue, then I think he stays with zero complaint.

I actually think he would stay even in the first case, as a mentor and a team leader, but either way the only way I move him is if he requests it.

E. PAYTON BRING BACK
    D. Miller Under Contract

{edited - veiled language} DAVIS TRADE AND WE WILL SEE WHO WILL BE ON THE ROSTER NEXT YEAR
    Love this! Do not agree on Stanley Johnson at all. No reason to waste even a summer league spot on this guy. I liked him a few years ago on the thought he would develop some kind of game offensively but he is terrible. Bringing back Payton needs to be one of outlet top priorities as his return is a big reason imo we are winning games. If he’s willing to come off the bench we have a PG who makes everyone around him better and easily on of the best bench PG in the NBA. He’s only going to keep getting better Elfrid, Jackson, and Keinrich is a nice little trip that can grow together. I’m starting to lean towards paying Randle $18 million if that’s what it takes. No telling how much better he can get with another off season as he starts to enter the prime of his career. Gotta bring all of these young guys back for sure as each one can play a role and be very valuable to this team especially at their price.

Basketball Guru
    for me its hard to say.....new gm and coach factor in who stays and goes.....also player fit with the new coach style should factor in with the AD trade....

we couldnt build a solid team around AD at the 4 so im not down with randle being the second highest player on the team and i love the guy play....

the teams who won the last 10 titles had the dominating player at the 1-3 positions....i want us to find our dominating player and put majority of our cap in the 1-3 positions....that model has been working and i dont see it changing soon so why cant we follow that model in this rebuild?.....

my dream trade at the deadline would have been AD for booker or lilllard if that was possible and that way we would of had a guard who can take over games to match with jrue......

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Thats Silly. Jrue has 3 yrs left on his contract. Hes going nowhere at 26 million per.
    You would think the contract would be prohibitive but there were a few teams willing to take on Mike Conley's deal. Plus we already know people were calling us about Jrue's availability before the deadline.

E. PAYTON BRING BACK
    D. Miller Under Contract

Randle – Multi deal if it’s around the 16M per year. If not 40M (20M a year with a team option) so that he can be traded for an asset later down the track.
    Okafor – is already contracted.
    S. Johnson – Is trash (SL is they are desperate)
    D. Miller – Is not under contract hence why they signed Dairis Bertans, he is Miller’s replacement.
    K. Williams - is already under contract
    F. Jackson - is already under contract
    J. Smith – Is too old and won’t stay on a re-building team
    C. Diallo – The team will wait and see what offer he gets from other teams as he is RFA.

You missed one…. E. Payton

I would bring him back if they trade Davis with Boston, otherwise if it is with NY then they have enough PG’s.

Do some research next time, this is a good website.

https://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/new-orleans-pelicans

You would think the contract would be prohibitive but there were a few teams willing to take on Mike Conley's deal. Plus we already know people were calling us about Jrue's availability before the deadline.
    I think 90% of the NBA would gladly take this contract. With what players are getting paid it is a steal especially when you consider its entirety is in the prime of his career. For example CP3 is getting paid $39 million AAV while Jrue is at $26 million AAV.. CP3 will run into his mid to late 30s during the deal while Jrues will be up as he enters his 30s. You can’t tell me CP3 is worth $13 million more per year over Jrue and I can make a case that Jrue is the better player. This isn’t the only player you can easily show Jrue is the better value player either.

I'm just gonna look at the current guys we have now.

AD - trade obviously for the best value.

Stanley Johnson - Negative value. One year left on rookie deal. Inclined to keep him, but wouldn't oppose waiving 4th year option

Et'waun Moore - Keep him for now. We can either let him expire or trade him at the deadline to a team looking to slash salary if we're making a playoff push.

Cheick Diallo - Bring him back for sure. Very good backup player. Offer a 2 year $5-8 million total.

Solomon Hill - see Etwaun Moore. Has little value except for a team trying to shed long-term money;

Jrue Holiday - Almost untouchable unless blown away by an offer.

Frank Jackson - He's cheap and young

Darius Miller - Replacement level player - At the most offer a one year - $2.5 million contract

Jason Smith - minimum level player/roster filler. Would let him go

Elfrid Payton - bring him back on a one year deal around 2-3 million for now. Not a proven long-term starter yet.

Julius Randle - offer a 4 year/$76 million contract starting at $16-17 million. Potential to be a 24/10 player consistently

Ian Clark - let him go. Negative value

Travon Bluiett - minimum level player

Kenrich Williams - on a great cheap deal. Bring him back and see if he continues to improve

Jahlil Okafor - see Kenrich Williams. Another nice cheap deal

Dairis Bertans - see how he peforms the rest of the season. He a cheap team option.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    E. PAYTON BRING BACK
    D. Miller Under Contract

And hopefully the injuries are going to stop this year.

Why should we outbid ourselves for Diallo and offer him 2yr/8m? I wouldn't be inclined to go much over the minimum for him. Maybe if another team. Offered him a minimum as well I'd beat it by a few hundred k but I don't think he has much value around the entire league and any team that's give him a spot is probably looking for a flyer on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah, agreed.

If the team goes full-tear down, then maybe Jrue asks to be moved so that he can have one last chance at winning (he's not old but he's certainly not young enough to sit through a 3-4 year rebuild without his game deteriorating), and in those circumstances I would be okay with moving him. Both out of respect for what he's done for us, and also as a way of gathering more assets.

If the team makes even token efforts at remaining decent next year as they enter a kind of quick re-tool, either via the Boston trade or some other avenue, then I think he stays with zero complaint.

I actually think he would stay even in the first case, as a mentor and a team leader, but either way the only way I move him is if he requests it.
    Yeah. This.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why should we outbid ourselves for Diallo and offer him 2yr/8m? I wouldn't be inclined to go much over the minimum for him. Maybe if another team. Offered him a minimum as well I'd beat it by a few hundred k but I don't think he has much value around the entire league and any team that's give him a spot is probably looking for a flyer on the cheap.
    Agree . I have no problems keeping Diallo for 1+1 minimum. If he gets a better offer somewhere else, that's great. I like the kid & will root for him everywhere he goes.
    ETwaun is an nice, easy contract to maneuver . Cheap & serviceable rental for somebody.
    I'd play Frank in Summer League- wouldn't mind keeping him, but he could be a trade piece.
    Kendrich is here & a team friendly contract as is Jah
    Smith, Stanley, Ian, Miller, Solo & Davis gone.
    Man, if Miller could play just a lick of Defense, but he so BAD.

I am really hoping Elfrid is our #1 answer. That would help immensely w/ flexibility in the draft & Free Agency. Not needing a starting PG would be great.

So, reasonable starting point could be
    Elfrid
    Jrue
    Julius
    Jah
    Kenrich
    CheckMate
    Frank (?)

I think Bertand might be a flyer.

So, we'd have 3 Guards
    Julius, Kwnrich, Jah & Checkmate.

Target - #3- Tatum. Combo guard-Smart. Combo Wing - Brown. &. Bol Bol Bol Bol Bol .

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah. This.
    I actually think -do to the Mutual respect between Jrue & FO, Pels will not allow Jrue to rot, which , IMO means they will field a competitive team next year. At least I hope so.
    I spend an awful lot of money for them to rebuild on my dime .

I think a team like the Suns would kill for Jrue

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    A team like the Suns would kill to get out of their endless tank cycle.

1) why extend Okafor, he still has 1 yr on contract
    2) Randle would have to opt out & then we would have to see who jumps up & overpay him. but i hope we can keep him.
    3) Stanley John is GONE.
    4) Miller is NOT under contract. My bad, i am a fan but good luck to him in the Euro League (GONE)
    5) Clark gone.
    6) sign Chieck to a 1& 1 deal on minimum. The Way he been playing a raise is earn
    7) Sign Payton to a 2yr deal 3-4 mill per. Alittle More but him and Jrue are great together
    8) Kenrich is still under contract. I though it was a 1 year deal
    9) Solo, AD & Moore are moving on.
    Moore is actually a good contract, won't be hard to move him.
    But we have to see what the Draft and Trade looks like

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    A team like the Suns would also kill his career. Easily the worst franchise in the league,

Is K Williams a SF? Or a guard? Haven’t been able to watch much up here in the north east, esp since the AD bomb so I haven’t seen him play.

It would be nice to have a capable SF for the first time in years.

I would personally love to see a Payton-Jrue-Randall core with whatever assets we get for AD. Okafor seems to have done well and we have him cheap another year. Is a front court if Okafor and Randall a giant black hole on defense though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information