Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: March 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 29-36

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    shiiiiit I want more for him then ad

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
    I specifically remember you going nuts when I would talk good about Jrue about a year in a half ago. Glad to see you have come around!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Saw a couple of Sixers fans wishing they had him back too
    I mean if you're any team how do you not want him? his main focus is defense O is secondary and he can score with the best of them every team should want him

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I specifically remember you going nuts when I would talk good about Jrue about a year in a half ago. Glad to see you have come around!
    nah you have a bad memory buddy I've always been on the jrue train

I mean if you're any team how do you not want him? his main focus is defense O is secondary and he can score with the best of them every team should want him

I know this is kinda silly to say, but I'm pretty sure that if Jrue decided to just half-****** it on defense and focus only on scoring, he could average 26, 27ppg without too much issue. His offense is so smooth.
    Basketball.

I know this is kinda silly to say, but I'm pretty sure that if Jrue decided to just half-****** it on defense and focus only on scoring, he could average 26, 27ppg without too much issue. His offense is so smooth.
    no I agree actually I think even more I'd go 30-35 and thats with out being great at shooting the 3

nah you have a bad memory buddy I've always been on the jrue train

Liar liar pants on fire

Conspiracy Theory Time:

Gayle and Co. realised that despite being underpowered, we were too good to tank properly and would naturally win games if given the opportunity. So, she's got Ferry to sign Dairis Bertans from over in the European leagues, not necessarily because they think he's going to be great, but because integrating him into the team will interrupt chemistry and has a 50/50 chance of either helping the team in the long run by adding a shooter, or disrupting us and making us lose games we would otherwise win, helping the tank.

Just wanna say though: Jrue Holiday for all-nba and all defense.
    Does he have a legit shot at 3rd team?

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Does he have a legit shot at 3rd team?
    He should, but he probably won't. I can't name 6 guards having better years though.

Steph, Harden, Westbrook. Those are the only names I can guarantee will make it. Kyrie probably too, off name recognition even though his year hasn't been that great. Lillard has been good, but not spectacular. Beal has been great but Washington suck as much as we do, if not more.

I think you can make a strong argument for him being all-NBA 2nd team, but I think 3rd is more realistic.

Simmons will take a guard spot I reckon

You could make a legit case for him 3rd team

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Liar liar pants on fire
    (Looks suspiciously at join date)

What a win... Man oh Man... I'm Love it!

yo for real though we just beat the jazz and Denver but ad can't win with this team lmfao

I'm just waiting for some reporter to ask AD about this. "AD, you said you needed to move on because you 'just want to win'. Seems like these guys ARE good enough to win. Please explain."

Can't even imagine what he'd answer.

March 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 29-36

Fun fact. I was watching the game last night with someone who’s brother plays for the team. We watch most of the games together. He finally opened up last night a little. And this won’t betray his trust to tell you. He says that all of the players are seriously focused on twitter. At dinners and social gatherings they go through the tweets and read them out loud and get all worked up about what people are saying. Like to a disturbing level. I was like do you think AD read the tweet I tagged him in. He said no doubt, he reads like almost everything he’s tagged in. He also confirms that the team is still very much friends with AD, but that they also want him gone because he is a distraction. Many of them blame Rich Paul and not Lebron or the Lakers. Because they all still have respect for Lebron as a player I’m guessing.
    Last edited by RhythmNathan; 03-05-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Liar liar pants on fire
    So, how would you know this? You weren't on this forum 1 1/2 ago? Right , AstroChamp ?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Yeah, the old BS antenna went up quickly, didn't it? I know mine did!

Cannot believe it.

We lose and lose and lose and lose, all season long, against teams we should beat every single damn time.

Then FINALLY, losing would be GOOD.

And we decide to start winning. Beating Denver and then Utah, in consecutive games. This is stupid.
    You really expect the guys hustling their butts off for three quarters to suddenly stop trying. Your approach means you would be happy if the guys on our team would be disappointed when their efforts fall short. Winning is a mindset just like losing is. Developing a winning culture is better for the franchise long term. As far as the draft goes, rookie of the year was picked around 14.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunsmike View Post
    You really expect the guys hustling their butts off for three quarters to suddenly stop trying. Your approach means you would be happy if the guys on our team would be disappointed when their efforts fall short. Winning is a mindset just like losing is. Developing a winning culture is better for the franchise long term. As far as the draft goes, rookie of the year was picked around 14.
    I didn't say that.

You can have a team develop an approach to games that is conducive to winning, even if they lose. Sounds counterintuitive, I know, but it's true.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Super impressed with post AD drama pelicans. Randle and Jrue make a lethal combo and they are tough and hustle. I think Gentry should stay if they keep playing like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Super impressed with post AD drama pelicans. Randle and Jrue make a lethal combo and they are tough and hustle. I think Gentry should stay if they keep playing like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *Sigh*

I didn't say that.

You can have a team develop an approach to games that is conducive to winning, even if they lose. Sounds counterintuitive, I know, but it's true.
    That is only partially true. It is part of "learning to win". To actually finish the process, you actually have to find a way to make plays at crunch time that result in victory. Working hard and continually losing will result in an expecting to lose mentality. Opposite is happening recently and nothing but good things will result from this.

That is only partially true. It is part of "learning to win". To actually finish the process, you actually have to find a way to make plays at crunch time that result in victory. Working hard and continually losing will result in an expecting to lose mentality. Opposite is happening recently and nothing but good things will result from this.
    I think that largely depends on the player involved, to be honest. There are some players who will let that continuous losing get to them, and infect them with a losing mentality, sure.

There are other players who use losses as motivation and fuel to improve, and wear that as a chip on their shoulder. It all depends on the mentality of the players we have, and I think we should be cultivating that latter mentality, not the former.

Yea I don’t know how in the world people expect NBA players to just lose. Do people actually think this is a thing? Playing sports my whole life I don’t even know how losing like that is possible and for it to be done by the best atheletes in the world?! A little ridiculous this stuff is even talked about.

Never understood how anyone would ever think it is in the players best interest to tank. If we were allowed to just not play guys and roll a summer league team out there then sure but that’s not an option. Any player or coach that would ever be ok with losing is not a player or coach I want here. I’m sure they get real excited to lose hoping they get to pick some 19 year old kid earlier that might leave them without a job. On top of all that it doesn’t even guarantee you anything. This mindset turns you franchise into the Magic.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-05-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So, how would you know this? You weren't on this forum 1 1/2 ago? Right , AstroChamp ?
    So I’m right! Can’t defend yourself do you go with the Champ stuff . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

Thread Information