Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: March 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 29-36

Pelicans March 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 29-36

We won two in a row. The first one, against Phoenix, made sense. They've spent 6 years tanking, and frankly it's pretty impressive how polished they are at it. I'm convinced they could go 0-82 if they felt like it. The second one, against Denver, made no sense if you just heard about it, but when you find out that Jokic played 14 minutes less than his average due to foul trouble, and Denver had one of their worse shooting performances this season from deep, it makes more sense. Okay.

Tonight, we play Utah. Utah are very good. They are 4-1 over their last 5 games, and 16-7 since January 1st. They are the 18th best ORTG in the league, but 3rd in defense, and that's why they're 36-26. Frankly, that record doesn't reflect the quality of their play. They started the season pretty slowly (11-12 going into December) but have gone 25-14 since then, which is a bit more accurate.

Donovan Mitchell's shooting has regressed overall this season (only 34% from deep) but that too is impacted by Utah's slow start. He's actually shooting 39% from deep in 2019, and has actually average 28.5ppg since January 1st. He's averaging 23ppg on the season, and despite that slow start to the season, he's a real offensive weapon. He played 39 minutes last night and dropped 46 to help Utah topple Milwaukee.

Other than him, their main guy is Rudy Gobert. Gobert's numbers are pretty good but nothing spectucular (15/12.8 with 2.2bpg) but his impact has been huge. He has played 61 games, 30mpg, and still has a ridiculous +31 net rating. When he's on court, Utah is fantastic. Excellent defender (although he's not too great on the perimeter, he's still okay) and although he has very little offensive versatility, he knows that and he plays under control and with purpose. Sometimes it's not about being the most skilled player on the planet, but in knowing your own game and executing properly with consistency and focus. Gobert does that.

Tonight, barring any weird minutes fluctuations like Denver, we will probably lose this game. But I'm looking forward to seeing, with AD and Moore out, tons of minutes for Frank, Kenrich, and Diallo, and hopefully Gentry will see it in his kind heart to allow Okafor a few moments on court as well.

Let's go and #DoItBig!
    Basketball.

Is AD officially out? Heck, we might win in OT tonight. Excited to see Jah and the Malian Nightmare get extended minutes tonight.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Is AD officially out? Heck, we might win in OT tonight. Excited to see Jah and the Malian Nightmare get extended minutes tonight.
    Yep, AD is out with ''illness'' according to the official injury report.

Unfortunately, Jah has been downgraded to ''questionable'' due to his ankle, so he may not see the court.

You know what that means though? 30 minutes for Diallo!

Illness? Maybe walking pneumonia?

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Illness? Maybe walking pneumonia?
    Apparently he was having flu-like symptoms a few days ago, so presumably it's that. More realistically, I think (my own private little conspiracy) is that it's his way of making sure he doesn't actually have to face up to the negativity surrounding his play.

Will Bertans get any run tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Apparently he was having flu-like symptoms a few days ago, so presumably it's that. More realistically, I think (my own private little conspiracy) is that it's his way of making sure he doesn't actually have to face up to the negativity surrounding his play.
    If he ends up with the flu for the rest of the season I would say you are spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    If he ends up with the flu for the rest of the season I would say you are spot on.
    we can only hope bc it's pretty clear were better with out him

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Will Bertans get any run tonight?
    No clue when he will debut.

Injury report: confirmed, no Bertans tonight

Urgh, AD is playing. So that's definitely a loss?

Never thought I would be disappointed that AD was playing and Jahlil wasn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope Gorbert takes it to AD. So sick of this guy!

Man I love Diallo!! I wish I could add 3” and 20 lbs to him!! At worse he is a very good bench player going forward. Every team can use an energy player like him.

I do enjoy watching the Jazz. SNyder really is a great coach

Jrue lighting it up!! Favorite player in the NBA!!

Jrue has been lights out recently, it's fun

What a euro over Gorbert!! Would like to see more of where that came from..

If Jrue can hit that 3 more consistently we have a potential 25 ppg guard.

Would like to see Diallo continue to develop from range. If he can ever develop a 3 point shot similar to Randle would be huge for his game. Needs to develop a knock down mid range first.

Down 9 after one, because Kyle Korver is amazing

March 4th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz - 29-36

Seems like every game Miller is fouling the three point shooter this dude is not the sharpest knife in the drawer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrue has 13 points in 9 minutes. He's 3-5 from deep.

Anyone else want him to just say screw it and drop 40?

18 points in 14 minutes for Jrue.

Thread Information