Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

Ingram is also in territory only Durant and Giannis are in if you even consider Giannis a SF. Ingram has a 7’3” wingspan with a 9’1” standing reach. This measuresbles are insane! This will somehow be discredited by saying he lanky or some nonsense lol. This always seems to be brought up as huge positives for other players..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's basically how all these discussions go.

He makes a claim, you disagree. He tells you to prove it, you provide mountains of evidence. He then dismisses the evidence, implies that you only disagree because he just watches more basketball than you, and leaves.

Basically how arguments go with you two no matter who it is. Someone has an opinion that doesn’t agree with you so then your argument against it is stated as scripture with nothing but facts. LoL anytime yalls opinions are challenged you turn into lunatics digging and reaching for anything you can pull up that is on your side. No you don’t leave either cause you will come back with a book I have to read in each post with the same exact nonsense over and over worded differently. It’s pretty funny so keep it up.

You two can pat each other on the back now. Enjoy ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Ingram is also in territory only Durant and Giannis are in if you even consider Giannis a SF. Ingram has a 7’3” wingspan with a 9’1” standing reach. This measuresbles are insane! This will somehow be discredited by saying he lanky or some nonsense lol. This always seems to be brought up as huge positives for other players..
    Not dismissed at all. He's tall, his wingspan is huge, and his standing reach is pretty damn big too. Those are good things.

He does need to put on some weight, I think everyone agrees with that, even most of Ingram's biggest fans. He is a beanpole. He cannot move anyone in the post, and any post player can move him with ease. That's just a fact.

He has LOTS of physical advantages. He just needs to do something with them. Durant is super tall and lengthy, and he uses it to make his jumper uncontestable. Ingram doesn't have the jumper yet, so right now he's the definition of big for nothing.
    Basketball.

Basically how arguments go with you two no matter who it is. Someone has an opinion that doesn’t agree with you so then your argument against it is stated as scripture with nothing but facts. LoL anytime yalls opinions are challenged you turn into lunatics digging and reaching for anything you can pull up that is on your side. No you don’t leave either cause you will come back with a book I have to read in each post with the same exact nonsense over and over worded differently. It’s pretty funny so keep it up.

You two can pat each other on the back now. Enjoy ladies!
    You find reading a chore or somethin' there, pal?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You find reading a chore or somethin' there, pal?
    Could GA25. & 13-3. Possibly be one in the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Could you be any funnier?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I mean, it's not physically impossible, but I don't think so.

Could you be any funnier?
    Yes, absolutely!

Watching the 2 Lakers games since Ingram has been our sure looks like he’s been the problem! Outside of Lebron and Ingram along with Kuzma who is currently being asked to do to much that team is absolute trash. Nobody can actually make a jump shot outside of Bullock who was pulled off the street and Hart who hasn’t shot well. He has been a huge reason the Lakers have even been in games lately. This team overall has really taken a huge hit defensively losing Lonzo. Having Rondo instead of Lonzo at the point of attack has been so bad it’s hard to watch. Took away a much more explosive player offensively as well that does everything better then Rondo. Excited to see how Ingram plays the rest of the season and if he can maintain close to the current level he is playing at. IMO he fits much better next to Holiday as he does Lebron. His ability to create for other needs to be used more often. Jrue and Iggy were very good together and Ingram does a lot of similar things.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-06-2019 at 10:56 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    How is he not efficient? Shooting 50% FG for a SF is very efficient and near elite. Sure he’s not a good FT shooter but I would say that makes him inefficient and I would bet a 21 year old kid with shooting touch will improve in this area as most players do. I would say his FT game is a very minimal issue unless he just never improves.
    I don't really care about what improvements he makes because the things wrong with his game, Jayson Tatum is already where I want a player we acquire to be. Don't need to worry about Tatum becoming an 85% FT shooter someday. He already does do that.

If Ingram can improve. Tatum can too. When I say Ingram isn't efficient. It's always weighted by who I'm directly stacking Ingram up against. I don't care about history or just who puts up points where. I'm talking how. And I see a very basic game with Ingram. The kind that won't hold up in playoff basketball.

We already know Tatum can produce in the playoffs.

Watching the 2 Lakers games since Ingram has been our sure looks like he’s been the problem! Outside of Lebron and Ingram along with Kuzma who is currently being asked to do to much that team is absolute trash. Nobody can actually make a jump shot outside of Bullock who was pulled off the street and Hart who hasn’t shot well. He has been a huge reason the Lakers have even been in games lately. This team overall has really taken a huge hit defensively losing Lonzo. Having Rondo instead of Lonzo at the point of attack has been so bad it’s hard to watch. Took away a much more explosive player offensively as well that does everything better then Rondo. Excited to see how Ingram plays the rest of the season and if he can maintain close to the current level he is playing at. IMO he fits much better next to Holiday as he does Lebron. His ability to create for other needs to be used more often. Jrue and Iggy were very good together and Ingram does a lot of similar things.
    Those games where Ingram played and lost to Atlanta, Memphis, AD less Pels & Phoenix! Anything?
    Ingram fits in perfectly with Lakers.
    They play the same way with or without him. They lose.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-07-2019 at 08:29 AM.

The biggest argument against Ingram is he has 1 more year on his rookie deal. After that we have to extend him or have him hit the restricted market or worse he signs his QO. I want high draft picks where we get 4 years of a guy before we have to make any long term commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The biggest argument against Ingram is he has 1 more year on his rookie deal. After that we have to extend him or have him hit the restricted market or worse he signs his QO. I want high draft picks where we get 4 years of a guy before we have to make any long term commitment.
    This I agree with. It's certainly a concern after what happened with Gordon.

My temp this week. Bulls pick, Lavine and Markkanen. Roll solo in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't really care about what improvements he makes because the things wrong with his game, Jayson Tatum is already where I want a player we acquire to be. Don't need to worry about Tatum becoming an 85% FT shooter someday. He already does do that.

If Ingram can improve. Tatum can too. When I say Ingram isn't efficient. It's always weighted by who I'm directly stacking Ingram up against. I don't care about history or just who puts up points where. I'm talking how. And I see a very basic game with Ingram. The kind that won't hold up in playoff basketball.

We already know Tatum can produce in the playoffs.
    That’s the problem is people think they need to pick sides. I think Tatum is gonna be great but currently he isn’t playing st the level Ingram is how it has been most of the season. IMO Ingram has more potential as well. Tatum averaged 18 ppg in the playoffs so I would act like that’s some crazy production. He played very well and was given an opportunity to compete in the playoffs on one of the best teams in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is an argument I can get behind. Claiming he is trash is just foolish. I’m willing to bet on him becoming an all star caliber player by the time that deal is being given fully warranting what he wil get. It is a plus Tatum has 1 more year but nothing to completely sway in 1 direction.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    My temp this week. Bulls pick, Lavine and Markkanen. Roll solo in it too.

Yea I love this deal. Been onboard with this for a while. Similar to Ingram I was bashed for believing in Lavine who is now one of the best guards in the NBA. Amazing what an offseason can do for a young player with elite talent that needed to develop and become more consistent. I love Markkanens game and think he would be a great replacement for AD and a perfect big in the modern NBA. He’s a 7’ and much more athletic version of Kevin Love. Then you throw in the draft pick? The Bulls absolutely are in the discussion as the best potential package. Not allowed to talk about the Bulls as someone thinks they created this trade idea lol.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-07-2019 at 10:43 AM.

Yea I love this deal. Been onboard with this for a while. Similar to Ingram I was bashed for believing in Lavine who is now one of the best guards in the NBA. Amazing what an offseason can do for a young player with elite talent that needed to develop and become more consistent. I love Markkanens game and think he would be a great replacement for AD and a perfect big in the modern NBA. He’s a 7’ and much more athletic version of Kevin Love. Then you throw in the draft pick? The Bulls absolutely are in the discussion as the best potential package.
    I like Ingram. Don't love him, only thing I dislike between the ears, but he is young. I don't like anything else the Lakers can add is all.

I also opine that Bulls is a great PR trading destination by sending AD home, any negative comments out of him or his camp will make him look like he is rejecting his home thus potentially less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    I like Ingram. Don't love him, only thing I dislike between the ears, but he is young. I don't like anything else the Lakers can add is all.

I also opine that Bulls is a great PR trading destination by sending AD home, any negative comments out of him or his camp will make him look like he is rejecting his home thus potentially less likely.
    Another argument that could actually make sense other then him being trash with nothing to back it up. He’s young and has a lot to learn with the game if basketball. One reason why I think Ingram having the opportunity to learn from Lebron James is huge. He has a skil set with a lot of similarities to Lebron and can really benefit from his time there. I like Kuzma but don’t love him and think he is someone that in the right role could thrive. He is being asked to do to much right now. I also like Lonzos game a lot and how he would fit next to Jrue but he brings to much baggage with his dad. An organization like ours simply can’t handle that media storm and drama he would bring. They do present a lot of value when you can add in a 3rd team and possibly flip for someone like Bradley Beal. Don’t count out there draft pick either that has a decent chance to be a very good one.

Yea that does make a lot of sense with the Bulls. He has already come out and stated he’s open to all 29 other teams. Now I absolutely don’t believe that but it definitely leaves Chicago as an option where you would have to list him in his top 5 teams.

Looks like with Lebron likely to sit out some games and have his minutes slashed we will get a great look at Ingram. Interested to see him play point forward more as he did towards the end of last season when the Lakers started racking up wins looking like a different team. I would think he has learned a lot from one of the best point forwards ever in Lebron. I would love to see a starting lineup here with 3 capable playmakers like Holiday, Beal, and Ingram..

I'm not really able to get in depth with the attributes of different players because I don't follow the other teams enough, but I do have a question. Everyone likes to look at potential trades and player movement and make a projected depth chart at each position. However, it seems just about everyone is determined to put Jrue into the PG role, in spite of the fact that he's made it clear OVER and OVER and OVER that he'd prefer to play the two. Everyone keeps looking for trades that net us a SG, but, we ALREADY have one in Jrue. Why is that? I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM320 View Post
    I'm not really able to get in depth with the attributes of different players because I don't follow the other teams enough, but I do have a question. Everyone likes to look at potential trades and player movement and make a projected depth chart at each position. However, it seems just about everyone is determined to put Jrue into the PG role, in spite of the fact that he's made it clear OVER and OVER and OVER that he'd prefer to play the two. Everyone keeps looking for trades that net us a SG, but, we ALREADY have one in Jrue. Why is that? I don't understand.
    Cause they like Beal, and that's about as far as they've thought this through.

Everyone keeps looking for trades that net us a SG, but, we ALREADY have one in Jrue. Why is that? I don't understand.
    I would like to clarify I am not a part of this "Everyone".

Jrue ought not to be our primary ball handler. Elfrid has done fine when healthy right? Isn't he worth re-signing? Shouldn't the objective be to replace AD at PF, add quality wing(s), and depth at C, improve defense?

Nowhere has Jrue come out and said he doesn’t want to play PG. This is all rumors that it is what he “preferred” when we had Rondo. I think Jrue could care less if he played PG or SG as long as he has someone who can handle some of the playmaking duties. Having someone like Beal who is good for about 6 apg seems like that is all he needs and anymore would really be taking the ball out of Jrues hands when he is very good at distributing as well. You really think he would not want to play PG if he had the chance to play alongside someone like Beal. I really don’t see a difference he offensively where he would be guarding the teams best guard each night. I agree a strictly shooting SG isn’t ideal but someone who can score and create is a perfect fit. Perfect example for me is say we could add either a healthy John Wall or Bradley Beal next to Holiday.. I’m going with Beal.

Going back to the OP, I've been saying for a while. I would love a Denver package. Personally, it's my 2nd favorite package behind Boston, unless the Knicks get Zion (not banking on that 14%). I have said a few times before but I believe there is a lot of value to being the Blazers or the Grizzlies (besides the last 2 years). The Grizzlies made the playoffs 8 straight years and the Blazers have made it every year since 2013-14. As a team without a winning culture, I am perfectly okay not competing for a championship. Go get a coach to lead the team for the next 8+ years and build something decent and in a few years, capitalize on an opportunity to take that step up. The NBA and Pelicans are entertainment and it would be awesome to win for a little bit. Last year felt so good. Winning is super cool. I don't want to rebuild and suck for 3 more years before we see positive results. Anyway, my favorite realistic packages are:

1. Boston: Tatum, Hayward or Smart, MEM pick, 1-3 picks (1 or 2 if Smart, 2 or 3 if Hayward)
    2. Denver: Jamal Murray, MPJ, Barton or Harris, Beasley or Morris, potentially a pick. May have to send back Etwaun as well.
    3. NY: 2019 1st, 2 of DSJ, Knox, Mitchell Robinson, DAL 2021 1st (This deal is #2 if they get Zion)
    4. LAC: SGA, Harrell, Lou Williams, MIA 2021, 2-3 more picks
    5. LAL: Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo somewhere in 3 team trade, 3-4 picks

Tatum has the highest potential besides for draft picks. I am still obsessed with the Denver package. If they get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round I could see them making a change. A Jrue/Murray backcourt would be a beauty and I know what many on here wanted a while back. I also think a lot of people have forgotten about MPJ. He was a top 5 pick until his injury and he seems to be rehabbing well based off reports. Jrue, Murray, Barton, Morris, MPJ, Frank is a pretty nice present and future to have.

I don't know anywhere else that has assets that AD would realistically re-sign with. Toronto maybe but Siakam is turning 25 in less than a month and they dont have enough else. Brooklyn maybe but we'll have to pay D-Lo a truck load.
    Last edited by neitzelbaby12; 03-08-2019 at 04:32 PM.
    Welcome to be here

Thread Information