Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

So since Luca and Siakam are both not SFs.. any other players that are playing at the same level and have similar talent?

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This guy is exhausting. Not even reading more of the same nonsense over and over. Some people don’t take being wrong very well..
    You’ve noticed that too? Before you know they will start calling you with that champAstros nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You’ve noticed that too? Before you know they will start calling you with that champAstros nonsense.

Literally argued for 5 pages to then back track like nothing bad was said about Ingram and a bunch of other nonsense. Delusional..

Tatum with a decent game tonight. 17 points on 6-13 shooting. Played a good game defensively when he was on Durant at times. Tatum was the 4th highest scorer tonight in his team as Hayward set the pace with 30 points on 12-16 FG and 4-6 3pt. Good win against the Warriors.

Tatum with a decent game tonight. 17 points on 6-13 shooting. Played a good game defensively when he was on Durant at times. Tatum was the 4th highest scorer tonight in his team as Hayward set the pace with 30 points on 12-16 FG and 4-6 3pt. Good win against the Warriors.
    Surprised to see Hayward playing at a solid standard for a game. He's been having a really rough season, and hadn't scored in double digits for 5 games before tonight. Glad to see it though, never want to see someone's career ruined by injury. Hopefully he has some gas in the tank.
    Basketball.

Literally argued for 5 pages to then back track like nothing bad was said about Ingram and a bunch of other nonsense. Delusional..
    It is only 3 or 4 of them. If they would take a break this forum would be a better place. McNamara would even return.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It is only 3 or 4 of them. If they would take a break this forum would be a better place. McNamara would even return.
    Thank you for giving me a good reason to NEVER stop posting.

Boston was impressive tonight. Lights out basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Surprised to see Hayward playing at a solid standard for a game. He's been having a really rough season, and hadn't scored in double digits for 5 games before tonight. Glad to see it though, never want to see someone's career ruined by injury. Hopefully he has some gas in the tank.
    I was kind of surprised it took him this long to play at that level. I know he had a serious injury and maybe it will take more time if even ever to return at the same level. I’ll be rooting for him. How would you feel if he was packaged with Tatum?

Thank you for giving me a good reason to NEVER stop posting.
    I was not talking about you. I’ve actually enjoyed your game day threads

I was kind of surprised it took him this long to play at that level. I know he had a serious injury and maybe it will take more time if even ever to return at the same level. I’ll be rooting for him. How would you feel if he was packaged with Tatum?
    Right now? I wouldn't feel great. His contract really is huge, and while he's showed flashes of his old self, I don't know that I've seen enough to think that he'll come back properly anytime soon. He would have to finish out the year extremely strongly and then play well in the playoffs too for me to open my mind to him more.

I have no doubt that Hayward will be back to his old self next season

So again I ask, what's the point of naming "SF" under the age of 27 that are better than Ingram? Because of how thin the SF position is, even if Ingram was "the best", what does that mean? He's not even average based off league standards. "Has the argument for Ingram now been reduced to "he's the best of a bad group of players"? I just find the whole premise reductive to the point of being, well pointless.

How many players are even eligible based on this criteria of "must play 51% of their time specifically at the SF position while also being under 27"? Who are we even using to judge how many minutes a player spends at a specific position? Basketball Reference has kind of been debunked for the position minutes because it was found out they base it off of height to determine what position a player plays. So for example Giannis being as tall as he is, routinely is said to be getting PF minutes on BBR when he actually isn't playing PF.

If the argument is Ingram is the best player we can get for AD because there are only maybe two other "SF" that are better than him, well that is also a stupid premise. This isn't even me knocking Ingram. I wouldn't use the same premise to try and push Tatum. It's the idea that this grouping means ANYTHING that I'm knocking. It doesn't.

I want the best player, not the best of a weak group. Beal is maybe the 4-6 best guard under 27 in the league. Ingram might be the 3rd-4th best "SF" in the league based on ridgid criteria. Would ANYONE choose Ingram over Beal? No? So again I ask, what's the point?
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-06-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    He wouldn't get killed if his answer is simply, "that offer wasn't available to us at this time". It's not like he was the one who turned it down. Rational/Normal people understand that circumstances change. And also, I described that offer as worst case scenario! Sheesh.
    Vlade got killed after the Cousins trade when we pulled a 1st rd pick back after Cousins' agent said he would go into free agency. And that was stuff that came out after the fact, this is much higher profile and much more public.

Ingram being the best SF under 27 isn’t nearly as ridiculous as the argument you have put against him. Like I said if this fit your narrative then it would absolutely make sense. I don’t know how that is so hard to understand. That he is the best SF prospect in the NBA not heading towards the end of their prime. We are trying to bring in young talent right? Even comparing to all position across the board he is near the top of production from a 20-21 y/o that has elite potential. Only argument against I gram so far that makes sense is some just don’t like him but there isn’t any argument for how he has played. Oh yea his team sucks! Let’s just continue to ignore he is 21 years old and putting up numbers that no SF in the NBA outside of Lebron and Durant has done at the same age. I guess age and how a player is actually producing shouldn’t matter.. that is unless it’s fits your argument. Done arguing a bunch of non sense with less then a handful of people who feel they need to pretend one player sucks to boost the other one. Perfectly fine to like both Ingram and Tatum. The Lakers hate creates such a strong bias for some that it isn’t fathomable to admit a player is good. By the way Giannis absolutely plays PF and if you watch him it becomes pretty clear. Just an example of when he plays us it is guarding AD for almost the entire game.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-06-2019 at 06:24 PM.

It's like you are completely unable to see my point and process it.

I even specifically said in my post that I was not knocking Ingram. That isn't what my question is about. I don't even hate Ingram as a prospect. I like Tatum better but I've been on record multiple times stating if Ingram is in the best package for AD come this summer, I'm fine with it. All I've ever wanted is to wait until summer and then field the offers and get the best possible one then.

My entire point is: WHY DOES IT MATTER? You still are unable to provide me with an answer to that. Why does it matter that Ingram is the best of a weak group of players?

What impact does that have on the Pelicans? What does it do to say Ingram is the best "SF" who is under the age of 27 and plays more than 51% of this time there (which shockingly BBR says he only spends 47% of his time there this year)?

SF is an extremely weak position across the NBA. Ingram being in the top 3 at that weak position means what? See to me, it's a pointless argument that has no merit because how many SFs in the entire league fit into that group to begin with? Saying Ingram is the top handful of a group of 30 players is pretty stupid. It means nothing.

I don't want the best SF under the age of 27 who plays 51+% of his minutes there for AD. I want the best players for AD! I don't care about position. A much better question would be: Who are the PLAYERS (irregardless of position) that are better than Ingram and under 27 that we can get for AD? Compare Ingram to the entire field of players in the NBA, not some arbitrary convoluted subsection.

So for the third time I ask, WHY DOES IT MATTER?

LoL how you can’t see the importance of Ingram being the best SF in the NBA under the age of 27 is a little ridiculous and I can’t help you there. You keep conveniently ignoring the point that goes along with it that no SF in the NBA outside of Lebron and Durant were this good at the same age. If this all means nothing then I guess arguing for any young player and comparing them to who actually plays their position means nothing. How does it not matter to compare a SF that has a very good chance of being part of our future and comparing him to the rest of the NBA at his position not matter? If it fit your argument I guarantee it wouldn’t be dismissed. Wouldn’t getting a potential all star SF be in our advantage if the position is weak? IMO it’s not a weak position but if you say so. You absolutely have “trashed” Ingram multiple times and stating “if he’s the best player I’m fine with it” doesn’t change that. I’ll just agree to disagree cause I’m done repeating myself over and over while typing on a phone.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-06-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Something being over looked which is pretty incredible is the impact Lonzo Ball has had in the Lakers. That team with him as gone from the 6th best defense in the NBA to one of the worst. They were also a 4th seed in the West and have now dropped into the lottery discussion. The team is -55 with Rondo starting and +57 with Lonzo. Really wish this kid didn’t have his dad attaches to him or else he would be a great fit next to Holiday creating a terrorizing defensive duo. He will have a lot of value in a trade to another team which is a big plus in the Lakers deal and could help in adding some like Bradley Beal.

LoL how you can’t see the importance of Ingram being the best SF in the NBA under the age of 27 is a little ridiculous and I can’t help you there. You keep conveniently ignoring the point that goes along with it that no SF in the NBA outside of Lebron and Durant were this good at the same age. If this all means nothing then I guess arguing for any young player and comparing them to who actually plays their position means nothing. How does it not matter to compare a SF that has a very good chance of being part of our future and comparing him to the rest of the NBA at his position not matter? If it fit your argument I guarantee it wouldn’t be dismissed. Wouldn’t getting a potential all star SF be in our advantage if the position is weak? IMO it’s not a weak position but if you say so. You absolutely have “trashed” Ingram multiple times and stating “if he’s the best player I’m fine with it” doesn’t change that. I’ll just agree to disagree cause I’m done repeating myself over and over while typing on a phone.
    Again. the Importance of Ingram being the best SF in the NBA under age 27 (which he isn't but let's just move on from that) is negated by the fact that SF is the weakest position in the entire league and has been that way for awhile. Why would we not compare him to ALL PLAYERS in that age range?

Now, Let's tackle this insane comment you're making about Ingram is doing stuff that no other SF in the NBA outside of Lebron and Durant did at the same age. Ingram is averaging 18pts - 5 rebs - 3 assists at 21. Durant averaged 30pts - 7.6rebs - 2.8ast. Lebron averaged 31pts - 7rebs - 6 ast. THEY AREN'T IN THE SAME LEAGUE.

Actually, when you compare Ingram to Durant, Lebron, Paul George, and Kawhi at the age of 21 and you look at all advanced stats - Ingram is almost across the board worse than all of them. Lowest ORtg, Highest (that's a bad thing) DRtg (BY FAR), Lowest PER, Tied for lowest TS%, Lowest 3PAr, Lowest Rebounding% across the board, 2nd lowest ast%, lowest steal %, 2nd lowest blk%, 2nd HIGHEST tov%, the lowest OWS (BY FAR), the lowest DWS (BY FAR), lowest WS (BY FAR), lowest WS/48 (BY FAR), he's the only player out of the list that posted a negative across the board in OBPM, DBPM, BPM, and VORP. As in, no other player on the list posted lower than a +1.4 and Ingram's HIGHEST was a *MINUS*(-)0.7.

What are you actually basing it off of that he's doing stuff that only Lebron and Durant did at his age? Because he scores 18ppg while taking more shots than most other 21 year olds? I mean seriously. The only thing he is doing better than PG at this age or Kawhi is score more points, but when you look at all advanced stats he's not doing it with a better TS% or a better ORtg. There's NOTHING that indicates Ingram is doing anything special. At all. ZERO. NADA. And I even hate doing this to the guy because he does have potential, but when you start throwing his name around and comparing him to Durant and Lebron. . . like seriously, get a reality check.

So, him being the "best SF under 27 that plays 51% of his minutes there" really, honestly, truly, doesn't mean anything when you compare him to historically great SF (where he doesn't stack up) and when you compare him to guys his age at other positions across the league. Which leads me to say yet again, what's the point of doing it? It means nothing.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-06-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Ok compare him to all players in that age range. You can’t more then a handful of players not just his age but in the entire NBA that have been as productive in terms of numbers across the board as Ingram. Not gonna even read everything you said because you are arguing a bunch of nonsense. Literally this has been 7 pages of discussion against my argument that Ingram is a very good player with star potential yet everyone is now saying they don’t think Ingram sucks.. When that is literally what has been said the entire time. If it’s not then what is their even to argue? Nothing but nitpicking to try and be right on some argument in this discussion. Like saying Ingram is one of the best young SFs in the NBA and when comparing accross the position he is the future of the position.

Find me one SF in the NBA not named Durant or Lebron that played as well as he did at age 20-21.. still waiting on this.. even better find me more then a handful of players across the entire NBA who have put up numbers better at the same age. So keep arguing with yourself because nothing backs up the nonsense being stated like it’s facts. I guarantee if I was saying this about Tatum you would be all in on the idea being presented for Ingram. You are so bias it’s funny.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That's my bugaboo with Ingram. He isn't efficient. He shoots a lot of shoots and turns the ball over. Has extreme length but is a weak rebounder and very poor FT shooter. And like was pointed out, if you're a poor FT shooter and are primarily an ISO player, that's antithetical.

If Durant shot 67% teams would foul him all day. It'd neutralize his greatness. But to the contrary, Durant is an amazing FT shooter.

And Tatum is much closer to being likewise.

I see better traits in Tatum than I do with Ingram. Ingram is a good player. But I want Tatum because I think he'll be better.

Ok compare him to all players in that age range. You can’t more then a handful of players not just his age but in the entire NBA that have been as productive in terms of numbers across the board as Ingram. Not gonna even read everything you said because you are arguing a bunch of nonsense. Literally this has been 7 pages of discussion against my argument that Ingram is a very good player with star potential yet everyone is now saying they don’t think Ingram sucks.. When that is literally what has been said the entire time. If it’s not then what is their even to argue? Nothing but nitpicking to try and be right on some argument in this discussion. Like saying Ingram is one of the best young SFs in the NBA and when comparing accross the position he is the future of the position.

Find me one SF in the NBA not named Durant or Lebron that played as well as he did at age 20-21.. still waiting on this.. even better find me more then a handful of players across the entire NBA who have put up numbers better at the same age. So keep arguing with yourself because nothing backs up the nonsense being stated like it’s facts.
    My dude, the only one spouting nonsense is you. I just destroyed your entire argument for how good Ingram is playing at 21 with facts but you conveniently aren't going to read my post? SHOCKING that you'd ignore it since it completely blows up your entire argument. I didn't just find you one SF. I FOUND YOU TWO SF's (Paul George and Kawhi Leonard) who were both almost across the board better than Ingram at this age and in a lot of categories they didn't just slightly edge him, they completely destroyed him. At this point it's up to YOU to show facts that say Ingram is doing anything special at all. Because all the numbers I posted shows he simply doesn't stack up to any of those players even at age 21.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    My dude, the only one spouting nonsense is you. I just destroyed your entire argument for how good Ingram is playing at 21 with facts but you conveniently aren't going to read my post? SHOCKING that you'd ignore it since it completely blows up your entire argument. I didn't just find you one SF. I FOUND YOU TWO SF's (Paul George and Kawhi Leonard) who were both almost across the board better than Ingram at this age and in a lot of categories they didn't just slightly edge him, they completely destroyed him. At this point it's up to YOU to show facts that say Ingram is doing anything special at all. Because all the numbers I posted shows he simply doesn't stack up to any of those players even at age 21.
    On one hand, I'm tempted to tell you not to bother because no matter how many times you show that his points are nonsense, he will keep coming back, shifting goalposts, ignoring responses, claiming you've said things you didn't, etc etc etc.

On the other, I'm tempted to tell you to keep going because it's funny to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That's my bugaboo with Ingram. He isn't efficient. He shoots a lot of shoots and turns the ball over. Has extreme length but is a weak rebounder and very poor FT shooter. And like was pointed out, if you're a poor FT shooter and are primarily an ISO player, that's antithetical.

If Durant shot 67% teams would foul him all day. It'd neutralize his greatness. But to the contrary, Durant is an amazing FT shooter.

And Tatum is much closer to being likewise.

I see better traits in Tatum than I do with Ingram. Ingram is a good player. But I want Tatum because I think he'll be better.
    How is he not efficient? Shooting 50% FG for a SF is very efficient and near elite. Sure he’s not a good FT shooter but I would say that makes him inefficient and I would bet a 21 year old kid with shooting touch will improve in this area as most players do. I would say his FT game is a very minimal issue unless he just never improves.

On one hand, I'm tempted to tell you not to bother because no matter how many times you show that his points are nonsense, he will keep coming back, shifting goalposts, ignoring responses, claiming you've said things you didn't, etc etc etc.

On the other, I'm tempted to tell you to keep going because it's funny to read.
    What's funny is, he says he didn't read my post and then challenges me to find a single SF not named Lebron or Durant that played better at 21. . .while quoting a post from me where I showed not one but two sf's who were almost across the board better than Ingram at 21. It's completely hilarious to me.

Thread Information