Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL just showed how ridiculous your argument is against Ingram. You will literally reach for anything. Let’s discrsit his 3pt cause it was assisted.. the kid creates as well as any young player in the game for himself. Let’s criticize his rebounding because he is 6’11.. lol not like his rebounding is just about better then any SF in the NBA had at his age. Oh let’s now criticize his vision proving you don’t watch Ingram at all. Not like they didn’t play him at PG for much of the 2nd half of last season where they played their best basketball and he was averaging well over 5 apg during that time. Let’s also ignore coach K using him as a PG often and claiming he has a natural ability of a PG. Just ignore all of that lol.
    You: ''Ingram would be amazing if he was better at scoring, rebounding, and passing, and also shot better from deep more reliably.''
    Me: ''Yeah he would, and also I think he probably will improve at rebounding because he's so tall it's kinda surprising he isn't already better at it. Wish he could create his own shot though rather than being so catch and shoot.''
    You: ''Ha! This proves it! You're a horrible, ridiculous Ingram hater! You will reach for ANYTHING! You just DON'T WATCH HIM! You don't watch! Coach K said something 4 and a half years ago! ASFBNWS;DKLGNAOSDBNG;AOSKDNGIABGRN''

Dude, stop the meltdowns. Nobody is attacking you personally. I agreed with most of what you said, and gave what I think is a pretty fair evaluation of him as a player. Are we supposed to pretend he's perfect now, just so that you don't get upset? Fine, Ingram has never missed a shot, he has the vision of Magic and he rebounds like prime Rodman. You happy now?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You: ''Ingram would be amazing if he was better at scoring, rebounding, and passing, and also shot better from deep more reliably.''
    Me: ''Yeah he would, and also I think he probably will improve at rebounding because he's so tall it's kinda surprising he isn't already better at it. Wish he could create his own shot though rather than being so catch and shoot.''
    You: ''Ha! This proves it! You're a horrible, ridiculous Ingram hater! You will reach for ANYTHING! You just DON'T WATCH HIM! You don't watch! Coach K said something 4 and a half years ago! ASFBNWS;DKLGNAOSDBNG;AOSKDNGIABGRN''

Dude, stop the meltdowns. Nobody is attacking you personally. I agreed with most of what you said, and gave what I think is a pretty fair evaluation of him as a player. Are we supposed to pretend he's perfect now, just so that you don't get upset? Fine, Ingram has never missed a shot, he has the vision of Magic and he rebounds like prime Rodman. You happy now?
    I think me claiming him to be perfect is far from it. Me claiming how good he is currently playing to how much potential he has was absolutely attacked. Go read your comments from the other night lol. You try to discredit every single good thing in his game with some but this and that.. It’s pretty easy to get an idea of what your thoughts are on him but maybe I talked you off that ledge.. finally you have come around!! Let there be PEACE!!

I think me claiming him to be perfect is far from it. Me claiming how good he is currently playing to how much potential he has was absolutely attacked. Go read your comments from the other night lol. You try to discredit every single good thing in his game with some but this and that.. It’s pretty easy to get an idea of what your thoughts are on him but maybe I talked you off that ledge.. finally you have come around!! Let there be PEACE!!
    I cannot believe that I didn't mute you already. Jesus Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This is laughable. Clearly you keep missing my point.

MY ENTIRE PREMISE is that Kyrie Irving is going to make a decision based on whatever he values most at that time, and given how mercurial he is, he could decide he wants to go back to Cleveland! Whatever he does, impacts the AD market.

1. You assume he's going to look at a situation and go to the best basketball situation, as if that's the only consideration (most times it's not). New York, IMO, would be a better City to live in and be a star in.

2. If BOS trades for AD, and Kyrie stays, he'd likely be playing with most of the team he's currently not quite vibing with. His current beef isn't really with Tatum. They share the same agent.

3. Do you really think AD (going into last year of contract), Hayward (he looks broken), Horford (33 going into last yr of contract) and Brown, is a much better situation than Zion, Dennis Smith, Kevin Knox, Ntilikina, Trier, Robinson (All on Rookie Deals) AND Kevin Durant (on a new deal)?!

4. You are severely undervaluing Kevin Durant (obviously), if you think Brown/Hayward/Horford equal out to him. Are you a closet Celtics fan?! Give me Kevin Durant and 2 league average guys, and I'm taking the KD side of that equation every single time.

C'mon man... I distinctly remember us going back and forth on whether or not Pelicans would play AD after the trade deadline. You were sure you were right, and you were very wrong. Kenrich had a hot streak of 2 games, and you were proclaiming him to be better than Ingram. He's not.

Have you posted anything on here that's not roses and sunshine about the prospects of trading AD to the Celtics?? If someone takes the same approach to a Lakers trade, they get called Lakers fans and LeBron fans. I'm starting to think you're secretly a Gordon Hayward and Celtics fan! Jk... I think.
    1. This point is irrelevant. I'm not assuming anything. I haven't said once ever that I for sure know where Kyrie is going. I think he leans Celtics but I think that is because the Celtics will have a deal in place for AD before Kyrie has a chance to walk. However, I wouldn't say the Knicks are out of it either. My point in this thread from the beginning has been that if the Knicks get Kyrie and KD I think they'd want AD even more to complete the Big 3. I'm perfectly willing to believe Kyrie could go to the Knicks. The only difference is you see it as a foregone conclusion and I'm not that sold on it yet but our entire chain of conversations started because I was following your premise that Kyrie and KD went to NY.

2. This point is irrelevant. How do you know this? Did something leak saying who Kyrie wasn't "vibing" with? Do you know the structure of the trade to say who would be here? Do you know that Boston wouldn't make other moves to get Kyrie's commitment?

3. This point is irrelevant. Where did I say it was a "much better situation"? You're entire "point" with one is that players don't always take the best basketball situation and now in point 3 you're argument is what? That Kyrie won't want Boston because it's not as good of a basketball situation? Do you not see the logical flaws you are making between points 1 and 3?

4. This point is irrelevant. I don't undervalue Durant. I simply think two previous All Stars and multiple other players who have helped a team go to the Conference Finals last year can make up the difference of not having Durant. Of course in a vacuum Durant is better but basketball isn't a vacuum nor were my comments.

5?. This point is irrelevant. You distinctly remember wrong then. My argument was that Silver could never FORCE the Pelicans go play AD. He can't. The most he can do is what is found in the rule books. I was right about that. Now I was wrong in thinking AD wouldn't play again but I think the large majority of people were wrong about that because most of us thought the Pelicans would take the fines and fight it. Instead it appears they are going the path of least resistance until they can justify shutting him down. As far as Kenny Hustle goes, you are distinctly remembering wrong again. I never said Hustle was outright better than Ingram. What I said was an argument could be made that *at the time* our young players were playing better than the Lakers young players. And I will say, outside of Ingram that exact same argument could STILL be made.

6?. This point is irrelevant. Why should I *HAVE* to post anything negative about a trade with the Celtics? I think it's a good trade. I think it's an extremely stupid line of reasoning that because someone thinks a trade is a good idea they must be a closet fan of some random player not involved in the trade at all or of the team the trade is involving. I have been extremely consistent in saying I want the best trade possible for AD. I don't care what team that involves as long as it's the best trade. Atl? Sure. Dallas for Luka? I'd do it all day. The Beal trade you proposed? Yep. You trying to take some petty shots at what team I'm a fan of is just that, petty and weak. Be better.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-04-2019 at 07:58 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    No I'm not acting like that at all. Zion has a HUGE amount of potential. Watching him in college is actually fun, which is crazy to me because I usually find college basketball dull as dirt. He is dynamic, explosive, skilled, strong, and he could be the next Charles Barkley.

There are some reasons to be concerned about his game though. He isn't a brilliant passer. He can't shoot. He's extremely heavy-set, and who knows if that will lead to him being injury prone, particularly in regards to his lower body. He's not massively fast, actually, either. Charles Barkley really is a great comparison for him in these ways. [EDIT: just wanted to clarify here, Barkley was a very good passer, that's not the comparison I'm making]

Will those downsides get in the way of his skills and talent? Probably not, no. But we can't actually know until he's played an NBA game. He would not be the first guy to get hyped to hell in college, and then come into the NBA and not live up to that standard. Yes, he's performing brilliantly. IN COLLEGE. That is different on so many levels to the NBA.

Personally, I think he'll carry over well to the NBA and he'll meet a lot of his expectations. But we can't just pretend like he's proven at an NBA level already.
    Never said he was proven. But the first part of your post speaks to exactly what I was saying.... dude has people watching college basketball who otherwise think the sport is dull. That's what having star power is. That's why the Knicks, if they already have KD and Kyrie in the bag, might defer on trading for Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis doesn't attract casual eyeballs that otherwise wouldn't be there.

Zion reminds me of a cross between Larry Johnson and Blake Griffin.

Never said he was proven. But the first part of your post speaks to exactly what I was saying.... dude has people watching college basketball who otherwise think the sport is dull. That's what having star power is. That's why the Knicks, if they already have KD and Kyrie in the bag, might defer on trading for Anthony Davis. Anthony Davis doesn't attract casual eyeballs that otherwise wouldn't be there.

Zion reminds me of a cross between Larry Johnson and Blake Griffin.
    I guess it's just a semantic issue because for me, as I said elsewhere, STAR power is performance + hype. Right now, Zion is ALL hype, because he hasn't had a chance to perform at an NBA level, so I can't say he's a star or that he has star power. He has hype, right now. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    ...You trying to take some petty shots at what team I'm a fan of is just that, petty and weak. Be better.
    So you're admitting you're a Celtics fan. Makes sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

5?. This point is irrelevant. You distinctly remember wrong then. My argument was that Silver could never FORCE the Pelicans go play AD. He can't. The most he can do is what is found in the rule books. I was right about that. Now I was wrong in thinking AD wouldn't play again but I think the large majority of people were wrong about that because most of us thought the Pelicans would take the fines and fight it. Instead it appears they are going the path of least resistance until they can justify shutting him down. As far as Kenny Hustle goes, you are distinctly remembering wrong again. I never said Hustle was outright better than Ingram. What I said was an argument could be made that *at the time* our young players were playing better than the Lakers young players. And I will say, outside of Ingram that exact same argument could STILL be made.
    Wouldn't it have been easier to just say you were wrong here?

But since this is a trade thread...

LUNDI GRAS BONUS TRADE OF THE DAY!

Clippers
    Anthony Davis

Pelicans
    SGA
    Lou Williams
    Gallinari
    First available top 4 protected Clipper Pick, or 2020 Philly Pick - whichever is higher.
    2021 Unprotected Miami Pick

Clippers were on AD's list and could still sign Kawhi this summer. That would be a pretty nasty team.

Pels would roll out...

SGA/Frank
    Jrue/Lou/Moore
    Gallinari/Kenrich
    Randle/Diallo
    Jaxson Hayes (Pels 1st)/Okafor

Dang Ingram isn’t playing tonight! I have been waiting to watch the damn game all day! Let’s see what Kuz can do!

Not a fan of trading with the Clippers at all. Only way I would even consider is with a top pick. Nobody on that team really interest me as part of a core I would like going forward. Some solid role players but nothing special.

Not a fan of trading with the Clippers at all. Only way I would even consider is with a top pick. Nobody on that team really interest me as part of a core I would like going forward. Some solid role players but nothing special.
    Hey!

We agree on something!

It's not my preferred trade either, but SGA is going to be good and that Miami pick could have a lot of value if Miami misses on free agents in 2020.

So you're admitting you're a Celtics fan. Makes sense now.
    You got me! I've spent 7 years and 15k posts on a Pelicans forum because I'm actually a closet Celtics fan...
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-04-2019 at 11:41 PM.

The Lakers lost and Ingram scored 0 points!! Trash!! On a real note should he now carry the injury prone designation?

The Lakers lost and Ingram scored 0 points!! Trash!! On a real note should he now carry the injury prone designation?
    Yes. In fact, it's a shoulder injury, right?

I don't even think he has arms.

After watching the Clippers game I found a good comparison for Kuzma. He has a very similar skill set and talent as Galinari. I like Kuzma more out of the two but I had trouble comparing him to anyone and that’s the closest comparison I have found so far.

My gut says AD will be traded to the Knicks joining KD and Kyrie. Boston won't offer Tatum if Kyrie leaves and the Pels won't trade within the conference so easily.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Yes. In fact, it's a shoulder injury, right?

I don't even think he has arms.

Haha you gave me a good laugh! Like I said before I agree with most things you say!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    My gut says AD will be traded to the Knicks joining KD and Kyrie. Boston won't offer Tatum if Kyrie leaves and the Pels won't trade within the conference so easily.
    I agree with this. IMO the 2 most likely teams will be the Knicks and Lakers. Whether we choose the Knicks over the Lakers will come down to where the Knicks slot in the draft. I would much rather see him go to the Knicks making the Eastern conference tougher. The Knicks being relevant is good for basketball and as a fan of the NBA in general exciting. The East is slowly becoming a better conference at the top and next season will likely have 8 good teams for once.

I agree with this. IMO the 2 most likely teams will be the Knicks and Lakers. Whether we choose the Knicks over the Lakers will come down to where the Knicks slot in the draft. I would much rather see him go to the Knicks making the Eastern conference tougher. The Knicks being relevant is good for basketball and as a fan of the NBA in general exciting. The East is slowly becoming a better conference at the top and next season will likely have 8 good teams for once.
    The irony of trading with the Lakers in the offseason is they may end up with a decent pick especially if they do shut down Lebron since they're basically out of it now. I'm not a huge fan of trading with the Knicks outside of their pick and maybe DSJ and Robinson, but their other young guys are underwhelming though none of them will be an upcoming FA the following season unlike Ingram who has one season to show he will be worth a big contract.

The irony of trading with the Lakers in the offseason is they may end up with a decent pick especially if they do shut down Lebron since they're basically out of it now. I'm not a huge fan of trading with the Knicks outside of their pick and maybe DSJ and Robinson, but their other young guys are underwhelming though none of them will be an upcoming FA the following season unlike Ingram who has one season to show he will be worth a big contract.
    I feel like Ingram will get a big contract.

Either he makes that leap that some people expect, and we pay him, or someone else will take the flier and offer him big money that we'll either have to match, or let him go.

I feel like Ingram will get a big contract.

Either he makes that leap that some people expect, and we pay him, or someone else will take the flier and offer him big money that we'll either have to match, or let him go.
    That's why I'm really wary of trading for him right now just because he's only a rookie deal for one more season and then he gets paid and he's been a replacement level player so he in his three seasons except for the last 5 games which is the most famous 5 game stretch since Linsanity a few years ago.

That's why I'm really wary of trading for him right now just because he's only a rookie deal for one more season and then he gets paid and he's been a replacement level player so he in his three seasons except for the last 5 games which is the most famous 5 game stretch since Linsanity a few years ago.
    Totally agreed. I'm fully willing to accept that he might make that leap, and if he does then I'd love to have him, but I'm not making my choices based on a handful of games. He's been, like you say, replacement level so far. Good, decent, but nothing particularly impressive. Someone is going to take that chance and throw big money at him, and I don't wanna lose my return for AD just because Orlando or whatever is willing to pay Ingram $20m a year or whatever it will be.

The right answer is the NYK and they were the right answer at the deadline. Picks are just better because it extends the timeline and increase the margin of error.

All depends on the lottery snd Kyrie's FA decision.

Thread Information