Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    ''Kenrich had a hot streak of like 2 games and you were proclaiming him to be better than Ingram. He's not.''

Yeah, well half this board is guys who see Ingram having a 8 game hot streak and proclaiming him to be better than Tatum, so I guess everyone is allowed to be a moron on occasion, no?

All I've ever said about Ingram is he isn't as bad as yall make him out to be, and I'd still buy stock in his potential. I've said Tatum is better than him, but people act like Tatum has lapped him and is on his way to All NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    And to be clear, I've never said this isn't going to happen! It very well could. I've just said it's far far from the certainty that Pelicans fans think, and IMO more likely to happen assuming the pick isn't #1. IF the pick is #1, there are Knicks folks who will want to keep Zion, and trade Ntilikina, DSJ, Knox, and/or those Dallas picks for the 3rd "star" to round out the roster. But they won't want to trade away Zion for AD. Zion has star power that AD does not. KD and Kyrie would have to force that trade to happen. They might, but they also don't need to in order to be contenders.
    I don't agree with this. Zion is nothing in the NBA yet. AD is a proven superstar at this level and is already an international draw. Zion brings the excitement of unlimited potential and the hope that he might be as good as AD is some day. But nothing more than potential at this point.

All I've ever said about Ingram is he isn't as bad as yall make him out to be, and I'd still buy stock in his potential. I've said Tatum is better than him, but people act like Tatum has lapped him and is on his way to All NBA.
    Yeah, my comment was pretty clearly tongue-in-cheek. The emoji exists only for the most trolling of comments.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    I don't agree with this. Zion is nothing in the NBA yet. AD is a proven superstar at this level and is already an international draw. Zion brings the excitement of unlimited potential and the hope that he might be as good as AD is some day. But nothing more than potential at this point.
    Yeah agreed.

Say what you like about AD as a person, but as a player he's proved himself. He is, when he's engaged and trying, the best player in the NBA in my opinion. Even half-assing it, he's top 5 without any question. This is a guy who was a strong contender for MVP last season and got robbed for a DPOY. Before his numbers were depleted by him playing half-minutes, he was having a historically good season (29.5/13.3/4.5, anyone?). AD has shown himself to have all the potential for all-time great status. Pretending otherwise is sour grapes.

Zion has yet to play a single NBA minute. Everything he is, is just potential. He COULD be the greatest player since Lebron James entered the league. He could also be a bust. I don't think that's likely, but it's possible. AD is guaranteed MVP calibre. Zion is a big question mark.

Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    AD is an international draw now??? LOL. That's a good one. What's Pelicans game attendance and ratings for national TV games again?

Do you think there was a non playoff game that AD has played in as a pro that was as valuable a ticket on the secondary market as Duke vs UNC?

Zion will sign a bigger shoe contract in two months than AD has ever had a chance to sign.

They were just trolling and playing around is gonna be the only excuse some have to back track on Ingram I’m about a year.. They are right around the same level currently with just 6 months in age separating the 2. When you look at just from a potential stand point Ingram has the higher ceiling imo. I’m pretty confident some just can’t fathom claiming a Lakers player is good and if you switched their situations this discussion would be completely different. I would be ecstatic with either one but I currently lean with Ingram and I don’t see how that is such a problem.

AD is an international draw now??? LOL. That's a good one. What's Pelicans game attendance and ratings for national TV games again?

Do you think there was a non playoff game that AD has played in as a pro that was as valuable a ticket on the secondary market as Duke vs UNC?

Zion will sign a bigger shoe contract in two months than AD has ever had a chance to sign.
    Yea just from a fan perspective I would care much to tune into AD if on say the Magic. I can promise you with Zion I would tune in to that team along with many others. Yes as of now he just has potential but an instant NBA icon with potential. I do think the Knicks have to make the move for AD if possible but only if they land KD.

If I said Zion has star power that Kawhi Leonard does not, maybe folks would understand the comment better.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    They were just trolling and playing around is gonna be the only excuse some have to back track on Ingram I’m about a year.. They are right around the same level currently with just 6 months in age separating the 2.
    Not really. If Ingram breaks out next season, and shows himself to have improved massively, then good for him. Maybe next year he puts it all together, and starts playing defense. I've said again and again that that's possible.

That doesn't change the fact that he's been underwhelming for 3 years now. It just doesn't. If he's good next season, that doesn't erase the fact that he sucked in his rookie year, and sucked last year, and sucked for 70% of this year too. They're not around the same level now, because Ingram is a one way player who can't shoot, and Tatum is a two way player who can. If Ingram figures out how to shoot consistently (that is, for more than like 6 games or whatever it is right now) then sure, the level will be a lot closer, but right now he has shown no consistency with his shot. That's an issue in a league that almost requires SFs to be able to shoot.

If Ingram is amazing next year, there will be no back tracking for me. I will admit that he's amazing, when he starts being amazing. I won't go back and pretend that I didn't say bad stuff about his play earlier in his career. All that will be, is that he sucked before, and he doesn't anymore. End of.

If I said Zion has star power that Kawhi Leonard does not, maybe folks would understand the comment better.
    If you said that Zion has the name recognition and hype that AD doesn't have, that would make more sense. But when someone says ''star power'', their ability to actually play starts to figure into stuff for me, because being a star is about performance + recognition, and right now Zion only has one of those things.

If you said that Zion has the name recognition and hype that AD doesn't have, that would make more sense. But when someone says ''star power'', their ability to actually play starts to figure into stuff for me, because being a star is about performance + recognition, and right now Zion only has one of those things.
    Zion is having a great collegiate season, that has exceeded the hype that he had coming into his Freshman year. Yall are acting like dude is coming straight out of a mix tape like Thon Maker! He can obviously play, and his super stardom thus far has been because of his play, not because of any off the court gimmicks or being a winning personality. His play is speaking volumes.

Zion is having a great collegiate season, that has exceeded the hype that he had coming into his Freshman year. Yall are acting like dude is coming straight out of a mix tape like Thon Maker! He can obviously play, and his super stardom thus far has been because of his play, not because of any off the court gimmicks or being a winning personality. His play is speaking volumes.
    No I'm not acting like that at all. Zion has a HUGE amount of potential. Watching him in college is actually fun, which is crazy to me because I usually find college basketball dull as dirt. He is dynamic, explosive, skilled, strong, and he could be the next Charles Barkley.

There are some reasons to be concerned about his game though. He isn't a brilliant passer. He can't shoot. He's extremely heavy-set, and who knows if that will lead to him being injury prone, particularly in regards to his lower body. He's not massively fast, actually, either. Charles Barkley really is a great comparison for him in these ways. [EDIT: just wanted to clarify here, Barkley was a very good passer, that's not the comparison I'm making]

Will those downsides get in the way of his skills and talent? Probably not, no. But we can't actually know until he's played an NBA game. He would not be the first guy to get hyped to hell in college, and then come into the NBA and not live up to that standard. Yes, he's performing brilliantly. IN COLLEGE. That is different on so many levels to the NBA.

Personally, I think he'll carry over well to the NBA and he'll meet a lot of his expectations. But we can't just pretend like he's proven at an NBA level already.

Basketball Guru
    They were just trolling and playing around is gonna be the only excuse some have to back track on Ingram I’m about a year.. They are right around the same level currently with just 6 months in age separating the 2. When you look at just from a potential stand point Ingram has the higher ceiling imo. I’m pretty confident some just can’t fathom claiming a Lakers player is good and if you switched their situations this discussion would be completely different. I would be ecstatic with either one but I currently lean with Ingram and I don’t see how that is such a problem.

imo ingram need to work on his 3 ball,,,get stronger and get out of LA and im good if he is a pelican when the new season start....

tatum stood tall and said he wouldnt mind being the face of the franchise and would love to be here and thats big with me because i want players who want to be here and win....so im good with him or ingram...

now if i can get,,ball,,ingram,,kuzma,,hart and others then i would take that over tatum,,smart and brown....

in 4 or 5 months this board will explode over the AD trade lol....i just want this to be over with so i can enjoy my team....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    imo ingram need to work on his 3 ball,,,get stronger and get out of LA and im good if he is a pelican when the new season start....

tatum stood tall and said he wouldnt mind being the face of the franchise and would love to be here and thats big with me because i want players who want to be here and win....so im good with him or ingram...

now if i can get,,ball,,ingram,,kuzma,,hart and others then i would take that over tatum,,smart and brown....

in 4 or 5 months this board will explode over the AD trade lol....i just want this to be over with so i can enjoy my team....
    I tell people that I love my job every day. I’m currently shopping my resume. Tatum saying that he wants to be here means absolutely nothing.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

When I read this forum or listen to nba radio, I feel like Tatum must be a perineal all-star and all nba while Ingram is just pure garbage and a bust smh. Neither is true. Tatum on Boston, a well run organization with tons of talent and great coaching will be a different player on a badly run team with mismatched parts. Ingram plays on a dysfunctional team and still shines. Tatum has taken a step back on this dysfunctional Celtics team. Point of my story is that Taytum isn’t as good as most think and Ingram isn’t as bad as most think.

Tatum is Jesus and Brandon Ingram is a janitor.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post

You couldn’t have said it better!! Did Tatum really say he would like to be here? Can you send me a link? If so that’s pretty cool but I’m sure after the mess in LA Ingram might feel the same haha. The pick for me can possibly be the deciding factor depending on where it lands. I agree Ingram needs to get stronger and doing that alone can take his game to another level. Adding some more strength and weight is very easy and he’s right at the age where he will start growing into his body that went on an AD type of growth spurt in HS. I do think his 3 point shot can get better but he is a good 3 point shooter as it is. Last season he shot 39% from 3 point and is currently shooting 33% which isn’t terrible. I think his 3 point shot has taken a dip this season so to adjusting to Lebron where he was relegated to a stand and shoot player early on. Since the all star break he is shooting at a ridiculous 60%. I think I’m a year or 2 Ingram can easily shoot at a 40% clip. What is being ignored is his 50% from the field which is great for a SF and to be that efficient at 21 years old!? Where Ingram needs to improve for me is at the FT line. I don’t like my top scorer not being able to convert at the line. This is an area I do think he will make huge improvements in as he continues to develop. Once his hand comes together he is a 6’10 SF with a 7’3 wingspan scoring 22-25 ppg, 5-7 4pg, and 4-6 apg shooting 50%+ FG, 38%+ 3pt, 75%+ FT. I don’t see how anyone could argue against a SF of that caliber. He is a few points and a couple of assists away from putting up those numbers. Again at just 21 years old this kid has an extremely high ceiling. The next SF with his talent outside of Giannis who I don’t consider a SF is 27 years old or older.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    When I read this forum or listen to nba radio, I feel like Tatum must be a perineal all-star and all nba while Ingram is just pure garbage and a bust smh. Neither is true. Tatum on Boston, a well run organization with tons of talent and great coaching will be a different player on a badly run team with mismatched parts. Ingram plays on a dysfunctional team and still shines. Tatum has taken a step back on this dysfunctional Celtics team. Point of my story is that Taytum isn’t as good as most think and Ingram isn’t as bad as most think.

Dead on accurate. A few are gonna look like fools. I already see the back tracking starting now making jokes to say they were only kidding lol!

Basketball Guru
    Tatum is Jesus and Brandon Ingram is a janitor.
    i love ingram but you gave me my laugh for today with this one lol...

Once his hand comes together he is a 6’10 SF with a 7’3 wingspan scoring 22-25 ppg, 5-7 4pg, and 4-6 apg shooting 50%+ FG, 38%+ 3pt, 75%+ FT. I don’t see how anyone could argue against a SF of that caliber.
    I agree. Once he is putting up career highs in points, rebounds, and assists, as well as career highs in fg% and ft%, and shooting 38% with consistency from deep, then he really would be hard to argue against.

Dead on accurate. A few are gonna look like fools. I already see the back tracking starting now making jokes to say they were only kidding lol!
    Ingram start off 0-2 tonight.. “see he sucks and is the reason they are losing!!”
    Ingram finishes 13-15 for 30 points.. “he’s not that good really cause they lost!!”
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 07:18 PM.

I agree. Once he is putting up career highs in points, rebounds, and assists, as well as career highs in fg% and ft%, and shooting 38% with consistency from deep, then he really would be hard to argue against.

Ok like I said he shot 39% from 3 last season. Is currently on the pace for FG% I listed at 50%. Is it that far fetched for a 21 year old kid to add 3-5 points, 1 rebound, a couple of assist, and a couple of % points from 3pt to his game? Please tell me how that is so crazy? I can point to SF after SF in the NBA that are stars and super stars who started off nowhere near where he has and took much much bigger leaps then he currently needs to. Basically your whole argument against Ingram is ridiculous.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Ok like I said he shot 39% from 3 last season. Is it that far fetched for a 21 year old kid to add 3-5 points, 1 rebound, a couple of assist, and a couple of % points on his 3 to his game? Please tell me how that is so crazy?
    Nope, it's not totally crazy. It could happen. In fact, I think some of it probably will happen. He shot 39% from three last season, true, but it was on very few attempts per game (less than 2) and 96% of them were assisted. I'd like to see him show some ability to shoot by creating his own shot, rather than just being a catch and shoot guy.

I think it probably is true that he will improve his rebounding a little. I would be surprised if he never did, he's 6'10, 6'11 or something similar to that. The fact that he is only averaging 5 boards a game is stunning to me. I think he probably will increase that to something like 6 or 7 over time, it would be pretty lame if he didn't. I don't think his assists will improve as much as you do, he doesn't have naturally great vision and when he passes a lot he's prone to turnovers. That's okay, 3 or 3.5 assists a game is fine.

I would add though that him averaging 22-25 points per game isn't adding ''3 or 5'' points, it's adding 4 or 7. Improving your scoring by 7 points per game is a pretty big jump, and I don't think he's going to make that jump any time soon.

LoL just showed how ridiculous your argument is against Ingram. You will literally reach for anything. Let’s discredit his 3pt cause it was assisted on and make up a false %.. the kid creates as well as any young player in the game for himself and if you actually watch him you would see how good of an iso player he is while a stand and shoot player is not his strong point. Let’s criticize his rebounding because he is 6’11.. lol not like his rebounding is just about better then any SF in the NBA had at his age. Oh let’s now criticize his vision proving you don’t watch Ingram at all. Not like they didn’t play him at PG for much of the 2nd half of last season with Magic raving about his ability there and they so happen to play their best basketball and he was averaging well over 5 apg during that time. Let’s also ignore the best college basketball coach of all time in Coach K who raves about his ability to play PG which is what he spent much of his time at Duke playing. I said 22-25 ppg.. my bad 4 points not 3! Yes I think he will score 22 ppg next season with 25 being his max in his prime. So ludicrous isn’t it? Just ignore all of that lol. Keep reaching you have a very poor argument. Just say you don’t like him and leave it there.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 07:31 PM.

I get what you are saying and agree. AD and Kawhi don't have star personalities. If they were on TV shows, they would be supporting actors. Yes, they have proved they are superstars on the court and that brings them some notoriety but not as much as it should. AD's play should garner way more attention than Harden, Westbrook, and others.....but it doesn't.

That being said, I much preferred that personality trait than the star one.

Thread Information