Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL a bit late to the dance?? I talked about this right after AD came out with his trade demands as my top 4 trade packages.. give it a rest!!
    No, you re-entered the forum after a hiatus & named 4 teams & gave ZERO information regarding 3 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    No, you re-entered the forum after a hiatus & named 4 teams & gave ZERO information regarding 3 of them.
    I didn’t know this was the only place to talk Pelicans basketball. I had actually mentioned this last year and got ripped about Lavine being trash. Well that has now changed and you have jumped on the bandwagon. Good for you! Next time I’ll check in before talking anything Pelicans on a discussion board. Again give it a rest buddy!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I didn’t know this was the only place to talk Pelicans basketball. I had actually mentioned this last year and got ripped about Lavine being trash. Well that has now changed and you have jumped on the bandwagon. Good for you! Next time I’ll check in before talking anything Pelicans on a discussion board. Again give it a rest buddy!
    Well, we do agree on one thing- I am a Zaxk Lavine Fan. Wrong system in Minny, bad team in Chi., but the guy is a long, strong freak athlete. Lavine wouldn't be a filler in a Markkanan trade. Lavine would immediate impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Well, we do agree on one thing- I am a Zaxk Lavine Fan. Wrong system in Minny, bad team in Chi., but the guy is a long, strong freak athlete. Lavine wouldn't be a filler in a Markkanan trade. Lavine would immediate impact.
    I agree and think Lavine is a great compliment to Jrues game. He is only 23 years old and shown he has consistently improved his hame in all areas. Markkanen at just 21 years old would be a great direct replacement for AD. Bradley Beal is one of my favorite realistic SGs to put next to Jrue and Lavine is right behind and possibly passing him. Getting 2 star caliber player in Lavine and Markkanen along with a top 3 pick.. doesn’t get much better then that. That core could compete for championships in a couple of years. Both are perfect fits in Gentry’s system.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Pels fans are going to be indignant when the Knicks get the #1 pick and won't trade it for Davis.

say the knicks get the 1st pick....kyrie and KD going to the knicks would put the knicks back in the big leagues starting at that point.....now kyrie has already made his frustrations known by how he feel the young players on boston are playing and went to lebron on how to deal with that....so i see those 2 pushing the knicks to trade zion to us for AD and add vets and ring chasers to fill out the roster......

zion is not a sure thing but we all know what AD can do so passing up on AD for zion would be a crazy move for the knicks.......kyrie,,,AD and KD is a big 3 to deal with for the east and AD would have to be the weakest minded dude in the NBA to leave the knicks to go play with lebron in the west over staying in NY........

question is, would it be the better package for us to take....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Ingram has been playing better than Tatum over the last month.
    The Pels are being forced to play AD.
    Kyrie and KD are on camera talking about playing for the Knicks.

...if only someone could have seen this developing.

I'm still hopeful things fall in line to give the Pelicans leverage, but it also wouldn't surprise me at this point if the Pels end up with a deal closer to what Kahwi and Paul George fetched with one year left on their contracts, and the Lakers looming as the potentially preferred free agent destination. And don't give me that "Oladipo" nonsense. No one expected him to be the player he's been in Indiana.

Here's a realistic trade for AD in a worst case scenario...

Ingram, Kuzma and the Lakers pick this year. No Ball, and no future pick. So less than you could have gotten at the deadline.

Dark horse trade candidate...

LUNDI GRAS TRADE OF THE DAY

Miami Heat

Anthony Davis

Pelicans

Bam,
    Winslow
    Josh Richardson
    2019 1st (projected to be 10th)

Heat do this to get AD into their system. Players usually fall in love with the organization and playing in Miami. That's a pretty deep and good front court they'd roll out and I think they'd be a playoff team in the East. But the biggest thing is I think they'd be able to convince AD to stay and have two max slots to build around him in his opt out year. Creating a new big three in Miami, is IMO, the way Pat Riley would want to ride off into the sunset.

Pelicans also look pretty good going forward. It's not the dream scenario folks have salivated over, but this is what it could end up being.

Jrue/Frank
    Richardson/Moore/Romeo Langford (9th pick)
    Winslow/Kenrich
    Randle/Diallo/Sekou Doumbouya (10th pick)
    Bam/Okafor
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 03-04-2019 at 01:31 PM.

I can't see us taking less than the reported deadline offers from the Lakers. Either they give us that (or more) or we trade him somewhere else. No GM is going to come here and have their first move be to take a deal less than what Demps already turned down.

For those of you who think the Knicks wouldn't trade Zion, NBA stars have no use for rookies. KD and Kyrie couldn't care less about Zion. It's why LeBron traded Wiggins for Love.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    I can't see us taking less than the reported deadline offers from the Lakers. Either they give us that (or more) or we trade him somewhere else. No GM is going to come here and have their first move be to take a deal less than what Demps already turned down.

For those of you who think the Knicks wouldn't trade Zion, NBA stars have no use for rookies. KD and Kyrie couldn't care less about Zion. It's why LeBron traded Wiggins for Love.
    A GM is going to come in and take the best offer on the table. Kuzma/Ingram/1st could be the best offer on the table.

Watch out! Saying Ingram is playing good and has potential means your an idiot! I agree with everything except them not including Ball. You did say worse case though which is pretty much dead on. With teams like the Celtics and Knicks in the mix the Lakers really have no choice to risk missing out on AD. When you have the chance to put AD next to Lebron you simply have to do what it takes to make that happen. I just don’t see anyway possible someone like Lonzo Ball and Josh Hart would hold the Lakers up on pursuing AD. I would love for Ball to wanna be here and the drama around him to go away. That just isn’t going to happen and having him here would likely end in disaster since we won’t bring in Gelo LoL. He is the key piece I would be trying to move and land someone like Bradley Beal. Where the Lakers will be hung up is likely over how many picks they send. People are sleeping on Ingram big time. Nobody can find me a SF in the NBA that was as good as Ingram at age 20-21 years old not name Lebron or Durant. The next couple of years are when players like him really start to take that jump and put everything together. If the post all star break is any indication of the player he will be then you are looking at a top 5 SF next season. As of now now he is a top 8 SF going into next season and the only players ranked ahead of him are all 27 years old or older. Pretty good worse case scenario if you ask me! I will gladly come back to this topic in a year!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Basketball Guru
    ingram,,,ball,,kuzma,,,hart,,some 1st,,,maybe 3rd or 4th team involved,,,maybe a player or 2 who they signed for that season is the lakers offer to get AD when they come back to the table....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    ingram,,,ball,,kuzma,,,hart,,some 1st,,,maybe 3rd or 4th team involved,,,maybe a player or 2 who they signed for that season is the lakers offer to get AD when they come back to the table....
    Yes this is what I think will be offered. I think the final offer the Lakers presented us minus Zubac is what we will get in a Lakers deal. I’m perfectly fine with that and there is a good case to be made it is the best package. The Lakers draft pick is not going to be a bad one either giving us 2 lottery picks. I’m a fan of Hart and Kuzma as well who I believe at worse will be very good role players. We can then center a trade around Lonzo and picks to bring in another starter potentially being Beal.

Holiday/Payton
    Beal/Frank/Hart
    Ingram/Keinrich
    Kuzma/Diallo
    BolBol/Okafor

I would love to have that team. The potential is insane and would be a playoff team from the start that will be at its best when most of the NBA teams currently will be much different or on the decline. Some other moves we could make as well for a PF by sending Kuzma and picks if he’s not your cup of tee. Personally I like Kuzma as a 4th/5th option which he would be here but I wouldn’t be opposed to someone else if it meant upgrading.

Man I can’t freaking wait to see what we get. Gonna be a very competitive market with very good returns. There isn’t really bad scenario with the worse case scenarios still being pretty good.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 02:28 PM.

I'm willing to believe it's entirely possible that you just miss KD, Kevin, and Durant in all my post about Kyrie leaving the Celtics for the Knicks....

you know, one of Kyrie's friends, 2x Finals MVP, perennial 1st Team All NBA, All Star Starter, and MVP candidate who is also a free agent and heavily rumored to have interest in going to the Knicks...who have TWO max slots available.
    I didn't miss KD. I just happen to believe that Hayward, Horford, Brown, etc equal out to what KD brings. Then you have Tatum, Brown, etc who are young players on rookie deals who have actually MADE it deep in the playoffs.

My point still stands, your entire premise is based around Kyrie leaving a situation which is exactly like the one you are describing he wants to go to.

The idea I'm trying to get across to you is, if Kyrie is willing leave a team like that, he's not going to want to wait on rookies to develop. He's going to still want to trade for AD and play with him.

If YOU are going to argue that Kyrie is willing to wait on rookies, then his current situation is just as good if not better than the one you are proposing in NY. Yet you seem extremely confident that he's going to leave one situation to go to another situation that at the very least is extremely simular.

If anything, to me these signs point to, if Kyrie and KD go to NY I think the Knicks are even more likely to try and get AD to have a big 3.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-04-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Basketball Guru
    we trade AD to boston for tatum,,brown and smart and picks........trade jrue to LA for ingram,,,kuzma,,hart and players or players from a 3rd team to make salaries work....

boston do it because some of yall are sure tatum will be included for a rental of AD..........

the lakers do it because jrue has said that 90% reason he signed here was because of AD and jrue is that dog lebron and magic would want plus they will be getting AD after his rental in boston plus jrue will be there also for AD.....

smart.....payton
    ingram.....brown....jackson....hart
    tatum......williams
    kuzma.....
    okafor......

we still have moore,,, hill and maybe randal and picks to use to turn into depth at positions of need.......ingram and tatum fans are happy lol.....but for real..if something like this can go down,,we would have the deepest team we ever had here with all hungry younguns.....pius we would have players at the 1-3 positions locked up that we never had for a while here to keep building on...
    Last edited by 6warddude; 03-04-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I didn't miss KD. I just happen to believe that Hayward, Horford, Brown, etc equal out to what KD brings. Then you have Tatum, Brown, etc who are young players on rookie deals who have actually MADE it deep in the playoffs.

My point still stands, your entire premise is based around Kyrie leaving a situation which is exactly like the one you are describing he wants to go to.

The idea I'm trying to get across to you is, if Kyrie is willing leave a team like that, he's not going to want to wait on rookies to develop. He's going to still want to trade for AD and play with him.

If YOU are going to argue that Kyrie is willing to wait on rookies, then his current situation is just as good if not better than the one you are proposing in NY. Yet you seem extremely confident that he's going to leave one situation to go to another situation that at the very least is extremely simular.

If anything, to me these signs point to, if Kyrie and KD go to NY I think the Knicks are even more likely to try and get AD to have a big 3.
    This
    Basketball.

A GM is going to come in and take the best offer on the table. Kuzma/Ingram/1st could be the best offer on the table.
    No, he'll take a Boston/Clippers/Miami/Denver/Portland/Toronto/whoever offer and say that is the one that was the best on the table. Any number of teams could put together an offer that is comparable enough to Ingram/Kuzma/1st that a GM would have plenty of cover to take one of those offers. There is a zero percent chance he'd take a lesser Lakers offer and have to answer questions like "why did you take this deal when your team just turned down the same offer but also with Ball/Zubac/Hart, etc.". He'd get killed by the media/social media...like it or not, perception plays a part in these things and the perception of taking less from the Lakers would be overwhelmingly bad.

Also, the idea that a GM will come in and just take the best offer on the table is a joke.

Any GM worth their salt will be willing to drum up offers, play offers against each other, bargain, haggle. No decent GM just sees an array of offers and picks one.

I can't even remember what I said last week and some of you are pretending you remember what you said about a rookie for another team three seasons ago. Mahn.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Also, the idea that a GM will come in and just take the best offer on the table is a joke.

Any GM worth their salt will be willing to drum up offers, play offers against each other, bargain, haggle. No decent GM just sees an array of offers and picks one.
    I didn't mean to imply a GM wouldn't do all of that and then some. But at the end of the day, they're going to take the best offer available, even if it's less than what was reportedly offered at the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    No, he'll take a Boston/Clippers/Miami/Denver/Portland/Toronto/whoever offer and say that is the one that was the best on the table. Any number of teams could put together an offer that is comparable enough to Ingram/Kuzma/1st that a GM would have plenty of cover to take one of those offers. There is a zero percent chance he'd take a lesser Lakers offer and have to answer questions like "why did you take this deal when your team just turned down the same offer but also with Ball/Zubac/Hart, etc.". He'd get killed by the media/social media...like it or not, perception plays a part in these things and the perception of taking less from the Lakers would be overwhelmingly bad.
    He wouldn't get killed if his answer is simply, "that offer wasn't available to us at this time". It's not like he was the one who turned it down. Rational/Normal people understand that circumstances change. And also, I described that offer as worst case scenario! Sheesh.

I didn't mean to imply a GM wouldn't do all of that and then some. But at the end of the day, they're going to take the best offer available, even if it's less than what was reportedly offered at the deadline.
    Yeah, then I agree with you. After all is said and done, haggling, bargaining, debating, auctioning, etc etc, the deal that will be taken at the end of the day will be the deal that the GM sees as the best. We may disagree with it, but no GM is ever going to take a worse deal than they could get on purpose.

This is laughable. Clearly you keep missing my point.

MY ENTIRE PREMISE is that Kyrie Irving is going to make a decision based on whatever he values most at that time, and given how mercurial he is, he could decide he wants to go back to Cleveland! Whatever he does, impacts the AD market.

1. You assume he's going to look at a situation and go to the best basketball situation, as if that's the only consideration (most times it's not). New York, IMO, would be a better City to live in and be a star in.

2. If BOS trades for AD, and Kyrie stays, he'd likely be playing with most of the team he's currently not quite vibing with. His current beef isn't really with Tatum. They share the same agent.

3. Do you really think AD (going into last year of contract), Hayward (he looks broken), Horford (33 going into last yr of contract) and Brown, is a much better situation than Zion, Dennis Smith, Kevin Knox, Ntilikina, Trier, Robinson (All on Rookie Deals) AND Kevin Durant (on a new deal)?!

4. You are severely undervaluing Kevin Durant (obviously), if you think Brown/Hayward/Horford equal out to him. Are you a closet Celtics fan?! Give me Kevin Durant and 2 league average guys, and I'm taking the KD side of that equation every single time.

C'mon man... I distinctly remember us going back and forth on whether or not Pelicans would play AD after the trade deadline. You were sure you were right, and you were very wrong. Kenrich had a hot streak of 2 games, and you were proclaiming him to be better than Ingram. He's not.

Have you posted anything on here that's not roses and sunshine about the prospects of trading AD to the Celtics?? If someone takes the same approach to a Lakers trade, they get called Lakers fans and LeBron fans. I'm starting to think you're secretly a Gordon Hayward and Celtics fan! Jk... I think.

^^^^^^^^

''Kenrich had a hot streak of like 2 games and you were proclaiming him to be better than Ingram. He's not.''

Yeah, well half this board is guys who see Ingram having a 8 game hot streak and proclaiming him to be better than Tatum, so I guess everyone is allowed to be a moron on occasion, no?

And to be clear, I've never said this isn't going to happen! It very well could. I've just said it's far far from the certainty that Pelicans fans think, and IMO more likely to happen assuming the pick isn't #1. IF the pick is #1, there are Knicks folks who will want to keep Zion, and trade Ntilikina, DSJ, Knox, and/or those Dallas picks for the 3rd "star" to round out the roster. But they won't want to trade away Zion for AD. Zion has star power that AD does not. KD and Kyrie would have to force that trade to happen. They might, but they also don't need to in order to be contenders.

Funny that some people believe they have such a superior opinion then anyone that disagrees so that someone is a moron for disagreeing.. because it’s not like claiming Tatum to be better then Ingram is nothing more then an opinion. I guess it all matters whose opinion that happens to be around here lol. Numbers don’t back it up but I guess a hot streak in the playoffs allows everyone to be a moron on occasion.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Thread Information