Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Marx, unquestionably.
    I was leaning Lenin, but I can see your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I was leaning Lenin, but I can see your point.
    Lenin's idea of vanguardism was awful, and his treatment both of the Kronstadt rebellion and his betrayal of the Black Army after the Civil war were frankly disgraceful. Tres bad.
    Basketball.

Lenin's idea of vanguardism was awful, and his treatment both of the Kronstadt rebellion and his betrayal of the Black Army after the Civil war were frankly disgraceful. Tres bad.
    I digress - you are correct. Unfortunately , but you are correct. I retract.

Make note though: I was trying inartfully I guess , asking where did he learn his "Accuse others of doing the things your doing" schtick . Those 4 guys preached that philosophy as a way of gas lighting by confusion & suspicion .

Make note though: I was trying inartfully I guess , asking where did he learn his "Accuse others of doing the things your doing" schtick . Those 4 guys preached that philosophy as a way of gas lighting by confusion & suspicion .
    Are you implying that they all held the same philosophy?

Are you implying that they all held the same philosophy?
    Oh, absolutely NOT. One was basically a quasi capitalist, one was,well 2 were HORRIFIC & the other one was basically a very aggressive social activist . But, they do all have that "mode of mental attack" in their playbook. But, as far as belief system & quality of man. NOT !

Oh, absolutely NOT. One was basically a quasi capitalist, one was,well 2 were HORRIFIC & the other one was basically a very aggressive social activist . But, they do all have that "mode of mental attack" in their playbook. But, as far as belief system & quality of man. NOT !
    Okay, fair.

Okay, fair.
    I enjoy world history . Took a liking in college . But so many things have changed since I was in college several decades ago, it's difficult to keep abreast of European History. Hell, I was in college before the ethnic cleansing soooo, goes to show ya.
    Too clarify - Yugoslavia.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-08-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Yeah, as far as depth I'm wondering what # (how far down) in 2021 could still correlate to 9 this year?
    My gut feeling on it is probably any lottery pick in 2021 would be viewed as similar value or higher to the 9th pick in this coming draft.

I find it more interesting going the other direction, ie: At what pick this year would a team take the current pick over pick 14 in 2021? I settled on about pick 7 this year. Of course it depends how the draft falls and if some players we didn't expect blew up, etc. But it was an interesting thing to think about.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Didn't know where to put this so I figured I'd post in this thread.

"Lakers forward Brandon Ingram, who has missed two games due to a sore right shoulder, underwent further testing by the team’s medical staff yesterday which revealed a Deep Venous Thrombosis (DVT) in his arm.

Ingram is expected to miss the remainder of the season"

https://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/...medical-update

Thread Information