Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

Great post neitzel.. only thing I do not agree with is the Clippers being in the top 5.. I would definitely have both the Bulls and Suns along with the Lakers ahead of them. One potentially starting player and the hopes of the Miami pick being good is just not enough. Especially when stacking up against what other teams that are realistic destinations have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Great post neitzel.. only thing I do not agree with is the Clippers being in the top 5.. I would definitely have both the Bulls and Suns along with the Lakers ahead of them. One potentially starting player and the hopes of the Miami pick being good is just not enough. Especially when stacking up against what other teams that are realistic destinations have to offer.
    My logic behind the LAC deal 2-fold. I love Montrezl Harrell. Every time I watch him, he impresses me. He just turned 25 and I could see him being a top 10 big man in the next few years. Also, if AD were playing the in Staples Center not in a Lakers uniform, nothing would make me happier Also, Harrell and Williams would help us be decent for the near future, which my last post was about, while netting a young guard and 3+ picks. However, I do see the concern with that deal. It certainly doesn't jump off the page in many ways.

I don't see AD re-signing with the Suns or Bulls so I don't think they would go big on their offers. Wasn't there a report that AD didn't want to play in Chicago or was that some Klutch sports BS?
    Last edited by neitzelbaby12; 03-08-2019 at 06:08 PM.
    Welcome to be here

Nowhere has Jrue come out and said he doesn’t want to play PG. This is all rumors that it is what he “preferred” when we had Rondo.
    No this isn't rumors at all. This is very well documented for two seasons now. Of course he will do whatever is best for the team and is more than capable of playing the PG position, but he 100% prefers to play off ball. Gentry, AD, and even Jrue himself have all said as much over the past two seasons.

Here's one article about it:
    https://crescentcitysports.com/jrue-...losing-streak/

'When Davis was asked what he and his teammates could do to help out Holiday with his additional duties at point guard, Holiday interrupted.

“Take me off the ball,” he said. “Put AD at point guard.”

He was half-kidding.

He was kidding with the putting Davis at point guard part. He wasn’t kidding about the “take me off the ball part.”

It was clear that such a move was already in the making.

“(Holiday) is better off the ball,” Davis said as Holiday smiled and nodded affirmatively. “We’re going to make some adjustments to that.”

Gentry said. “So hopefully that’ll take some of the pressure off of him a little bit. He’ll be able to get back to the position where he’s best and that’s to be a runner and play off the ball. And be the second facilitator.”'

This isn't some rumored thing. Jrue 100% wants to play off ball.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be clear: I still think a Beal / Jrue backcourt works because they can both split duties of main facilitator. But it is also very clear the Jrue does want to play off ball.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-08-2019 at 06:26 PM.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No this isn't rumors at all. This is very well documented for two seasons now. Of course he will do whatever is best for the team and is more than capable of playing the PG position, but he 100% prefers to play off ball. Gentry, AD, and even Jrue himself have all said as much over the past two seasons.

Here's one article about it:
    https://crescentcitysports.com/jrue-...losing-streak/

'When Davis was asked what he and his teammates could do to help out Holiday with his additional duties at point guard, Holiday interrupted.

He was half-kidding.

He was kidding with the putting Davis at point guard part. He wasn’t kidding about the “take me off the ball part.”

It was clear that such a move was already in the making.

“(Holiday) is better off the ball,” Davis said as Holiday smiled and nodded affirmatively. “We’re going to make some adjustments to that.”

Gentry said. “So hopefully that’ll take some of the pressure off of him a little bit. He’ll be able to get back to the position where he’s best and that’s to be a runner and play off the ball. And be the second facilitator.”'

This isn't some rumored thing. Jrue 100% wants to play off ball.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be clear: I still think a Beal / Jrue backcourt works because they can both split duties of main facilitator. But it is also very clear the Jrue does want to play off ball.

right and remember it started before that...jrue last year before he signed his new contract,,frazier and jrue was starting games and jrue started balling more while frazier was playing decent pg play and running the offense right.....

after that season majority of us seen the writing on the wall and knew jrue was going to be the SG.....some of us were looking for a general to run the offense and keep jrue off the ball....looking for a cp3 type of PG ......

last season before cousins got hurt ,,jrue did a on court interview after a game and when the reporter ask about jrue play,,he replied saying that its easy for him now that he dont have to worry about setting up players and making sure they get the ball now because rondo and cousins bring the up and set the offense up while he can concentrate on scoring.......

jrue playing next to a pure PG was one of our best moves because it made jrue be selfish and just go and score without the total pressure of getting other involved and taking away from his game......

thats why i was down for a conley trade and conley and jrue back court......conley and jrue back court would abuse curry on defense and make him work hard on offense.......plus conley said on NBATY talking to ishiah thomas that jrue is someone he would love to play with so conley would had no problem coming to new orleans.........

That still nowhere says Holiday doesn’t want to play PG. Just as I said having someone sharing the duties seems to be what he wants wether it’s a PG or SG. This is how he played with Iggy in Philly. Jrue never had anyone with the Pels take any pressure off of him until Rondo came and now Payton. He simply wants to play off the ball more. Again nowhere has he actually come out and said he doesn’t want to play PG. I’m not saying we shouldn’t put a PG next to him like Conley. I’m simply saying I would rather have a SG who can score while sharing duties over a PG who will take more of the distribution duties away from Jrue then needed and if it’s gonna be more of a balance why does it have to be a “PG”.. I’m getting told the NBA is positionless but now this is going to be a problem even though nothing actually points to that. I think most would agree they would rather have Beal over Wall for many reasons. I have a feeling the same would be said with comparable players as Conley mostly due to how it compliments each other’s game. Just don’t agree we need a true PG next to Jrue and nowhere has he ever said he doesn’t want to play PG and prefers to play with a PG over a SG.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-08-2019 at 07:33 PM.

He LITERALLY SAYS, "Take me off ball". What exactly does that mean if it doesn't mean he doesn't want to play PG?

If Jrue walked up to you and said to your face he didn't want to play PG you'd still find a way to wiggle out of admitting you were wrong.

He LITERALLY SAYS, "Take me off ball". What exactly does that mean if it doesn't mean he doesn't want to play PG?

If Jrue walked up to you and said to your face he didn't want to play PG you'd still find a way to wiggle out of admitting you were wrong.
    Curry plays off ball all the time.. Kyrie when with Lebron played off ball all the time.. Bledsoe with Giannis plays off ball all the time. I wouldn’t say these guys aren’t PGs because of that. I’m simply stating I don’t think Jrue really cares if he plays PG or SG as long he has another guard to help take the pressure off of him in anyway he can. You are acting like Jrue just doesn’t want to play PG with nothing to back it up other then he wants help and to play off ball more..

Curry plays off ball all the time.. Kyrie when with Lebron played off ball all the time.. Bledsoe with Giannis plays off ball all the time. I wouldn’t say these guys aren’t PGs because of that. I’m simply stating I don’t think Jrue really cares if he plays PG or SG as long he has another guard to help take the pressure off of him in anyway he can. You are acting like Jrue just doesn’t want to play PG with nothing to back it up other then he wants help and to play off ball more..
    Convenient that you completely ignore my question. *What does Jrue mean when he said, "Take me off ball" if he is not talking about not wanting to play PG?*

See I'm the only one posting any evidence at all here. YOU'RE the one making unsubstantiated claims. Where has Jrue said since being switched off ball that he wants to play PG? One quote. Come on. You're so quick to ask others to provide evidence to back up their claims, BACK UP YOUR CLAIM. Jrue is on record in the article I linked (from November of this season) saying he wants to play off ball. Show me a quote where Jrue says he wants to play PG. Do it or say you're wrong.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-08-2019 at 08:22 PM.

So Jrue saying he wants to play off ball more means he doesn’t want to play point? No it means he wants some help in the back court.. How does that mean he wants to play SG and not PG? I don’t think the positions really matter in how much off ball you play at all. Lebron plays SF but basically runs the point where is PGs ala Kyrie mostly play off ball.. James Harden is a SG and plays on ball often especially before CP3. Again saying he wants to play more off ball and have help in the back court not having to create all all times simply doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to play PG. Sonce most here think the position you are is the position you guard it would vary night to night playing with someone like Beal as Jrue would likely guard the best player most of the time. Jrue plays SG most night now and is averaging 8 apg.. Just like he’s able to do this so can another SG.. He’s one of the leaders in apg in the NBA but everyone is gonna a pretend he just wants to play off ball and that has to be at SG? Yea ok!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-08-2019 at 08:40 PM.

So Jrue saying he wants to play off ball more means he doesn’t want to play point? No it means he wants some help in the back court.. How does that mean he wants to play SG and not PG? I don’t think the positions really matter in how much off ball you play at all. Lebron plays SF but basically runs the point where is PGs ala Kyrie mostly play off ball.. James Harden is a SG and plays on ball often especially before CP3. Again saying he wants to play more off ball and have help in the back court not having to create all all times simply doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to play PG. Sonce most here think the position you are is the position you guard it would vary night to night playing with someone like Beal as Jrue would likely guard the best player most of the time. Jrue plays SG most night now and is averaging 8 apg.. Just like he’s able to do this so can another SG.. He’s one of the leaders in apg in the NBA but everyone is gonna a pretend he just wants to play off ball and that has to be at SG? Yea ok!
    Until you provide a quote saying Jrue wants to play PG you're wrong. Period. The quote I provided is Jrue LITERALLY SAYING he wants to play off ball. He doesn't say, "let me play more off ball" he says "Take me off ball." He even says put AD to PG over him playing it. This isn't some obtuse confusing quote from Jrue. This is clear what he wants. Provide a quote to back up your claim or you're wrong. The end.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-08-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Until you find a quote of Jrue saying he doesn’t want to play PG and only SG you are wrong. I explained very simply how off ball has nothing to do with not wanting to play PG. I never said Jrue prefers one over the other that’s what you are saying and there is nothing to back it up. Wether it is a PG or SG that comes in and takes some of the distribution duties away from him allowing Jrue to play more off ball simply doesn’t matter. You are acting like Jrue only plays off guard when he is averaging 8 apg!! He is a combo guard who prefers not to carry the load.. Funny how wrong you are and will still stick to your guns..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-08-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Until you provide a quote saying Jrue wants to play PG you're wrong. Period. The quote I provided is Jrue LITERALLY SAYING he wants to play off ball. He doesn't say, "let me play more off ball" he says "Take me off ball." He even says put AD to PG over him playing it. This isn't some obtuse confusing quote from Jrue. This is clear what he wants. Provide a quote to back up your claim or you're wrong. The end.
    Don't bother.
    Basketball.

Positions only exist when it fits the argument.. sounds about right..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Positions only exist when it fits the argument.. sounds about right..
    No doubt --> you had your lunch money taken away quite often in school. You just sound like a punk.

Until you find a quote of Jrue saying he doesn’t want to play PG and only SG you are wrong. I explained very simply how off ball has nothing to do with not wanting to play PG. I never said Jrue prefers one over the other that’s what you are saying and there is nothing to back it up. Wether it is a PG or SG that comes in and takes some of the distribution duties away from him allowing Jrue to play more off ball simply doesn’t matter. You are acting like Jrue only plays off guard when he is averaging 8 apg!! He is a combo guard who prefers not to carry the load.. Funny how wrong you are and will still stick to your guns..
    I already provided a quote. YOU HAVE PROVIDED NOTHING TO SUPPORT YOURSELF. Provide a quote or you're wrong. This isn't some fake news where you can just believe whatever you want and don't have to provide evidence for it. Provide a quote of Jrue saying he wants to play PG or the quote I already provided proves you're wrong.

What's the matter, You're so quick to challenge people, and so quick to talk down to people, but when it's your turn to provide some evidence to back up your claim you're unable to? I hate to say hypocrite but until you provide something to back up your claim (coming DIRECTLY FROM JRUE LIKE I DID) that Jrue wants to play PG then that's all you are.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    I already provided a quote. YOU HAVE PROVIDED NOTHING TO SUPPORT YOURSELF. Provide a quote or you're wrong. This isn't some fake news where you can just believe whatever you want and don't have to provide evidence for it. Provide a quote of Jrue saying he wants to play PG or the quote I already provided proves you're wrong.

What's the matter, You're so quick to challenge people, and so quick to talk down to people, but when it's your turn to provide some evidence to back up your claim you're unable to? I hate to say hypocrite but until you provide something to back up your claim that Jrue wants to play PG then that's all you are.
    Myth, he has the deflection tactic down pat. He's probably been doing it so long, it has become an auto repeat.

You posted a quote where Jrue doesn’t want to play PG? Again how does saying he wants to play more off ball refer in anyway to not wanting to play PG? Again I’m not the one claiming Jrue wants to play a certain position so I don’t know why I’m suppose to provide some quote stating he only wants to play PG. I think he’s a combo guard who will play either position and wants another guard who can take pressure off of him relieving some off his on ball duties. So until you find me a quote where he says he specifically doesn’t want to play PG and only SG you are simply wrong.

LoL Tinman playing more cheerleader and piggy backing off what others say.. what’s new? Keyboard warrior

You posted a quote where Jrue doesn’t want to play PG? Again how does saying he wants to play more off ball refer in anyway to not wanting to play PG? Again I’m not the one claiming Jrue wants to play a certain position so I don’t know why I’m suppose to provide some quote stating he only wants to play PG. I think he’s a combo guard who will play either position and wants another guard who can take pressure off of him relieving some off his on ball duties. So until you find me a quote where he says he specifically doesn’t want to play PG and only SG you are simply wrong.

This isn't Jrue saying he wants to play "more" off ball. This is him saying he wants to play off ball. Period. Where's my quote? Until then you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Myth, he has the deflection tactic down pat. He's probably been doing it so long, it has become an auto repeat.
    This isn't something I will walk away from. Until GA provides some SHRED of evidence to support his claim he is wrong and I will not stop telling him until he either admits it or stops saying I am wrong. I will bulldog this point home.

LoL yea Jrue saying out AD at PG!! You got me!! Mythrol you’re wrong!! Why evidence do I have to provide? I’m not the one claiming he wants to play a certain position.. Until you find me where Jrue says he wants to play SG and not PG you are wrong..

LoL yea Jrue saying out AD at PG!! You got me!! Mythrol you’re wrong!!

These words are directly from Jrue. Where's your evidence? Maybe you don't hear it in life usually so you're unable to handle it but, You're wrong.

This isn't something I will walk away from. Until GA provides some SHRED of evidence to support his claim he is wrong and I will not stop telling him until he either admits it or stops saying I am wrong. I will bulldog this point home.
    I tried that, in two different threads, but he either doesn't know what evidence is, or doesn't care.

LoL ok.. Jrue wants AD to play PG so he can slide over to SG.. No way to wiggle out of this mound of evidence!!

LoL ok.. Jrue wants AD to play PG so he can slide over to SG.. No way to wiggle out of this mound of evidence!!
    Thank you for admitting you were wrong.

Thread Information