Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

Well since we have objections to Ingram & Tatum(Boston players) what other team could

What other team could we trade AD too? How about Atlanta? This Trae Young guy looks like he will be awesome!

NY are the obvious big name.

If we were to consider an Atlanta trade (which I don't think Atlanta would be interested in tbh) then the player I want is John Collins

21 years old, 6'10, averaging 19.5/9.5 in barely 30mpg, shooting 58% from the floor and 38% from deep on 2.5 attempts per game. +7 net rating, 21.5 PER, on only 23.6% usage. He's even a plus defender, as opponents shoot 2% worse than their averages against him. Sure, he's not all defense yet or anything, but he does have all the tools and he's not some defensive liability.

Huge upside there.
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    What other team could we trade AD too? How about Atlanta? This Trae Young guy looks like he will be awesome!
    I was pushing Atlanta a week or so ago.

Young, Bazemore, Collins and a pick would be a steal. I think Atlanta would just continue to build on young guys if their pick is one of the top 3, but if it's pick #4 or later and they think they could sign guys to put around AD, they might do it.

The other team that could be interesting is Denver. LeBron and Rich have a relationship with the owner, and maybe AD could be convinced to sign long term to pair with Jokic and Garry Harris. I think the Pels would want Porter Jr, Murray, and Barton.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

Young, Bazemore, Collins and a pick would be a steal. I think Atlanta would just continue to build on young guys if their pick is one of the top 3, but if it's pick #4 or later and they think they could sign guys to put around AD, they might do it.

The other team that could be interesting is Denver. LeBron and Rich have a relationship with the owner, and maybe AD could be convinced to sign long term to pair with Jokic and Garry Harris. I think the Pels would want Porter Jr, Murray, and Barton.
    If they do a deal with Denver, I would try to get Beasley in the deal as well.

Denver and Atlanta could be real good factors. GuardianAngel what is your opinion.

Tatum with a whopping 12 points on 5-15 shooting.. yet the Lakers lose with Ingram scoring 30+ and somehow he is to blame. LoL

Outside of the Celtics and Lakers the Knicks have the best trade package imo. They have a solid group of young talent led by Knox who can be a very good SF in this league. Their draft pick is the prize in this trade. Where teams fall in the lottery will change be a huge factor.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-03-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Denver and Atlanta could be real good factors. GuardianAngel what is your opinion.
    I agree with NM on the Denver deal. Haven’t thought much into their package but I like the package he came up with. All I know is we have so many options and we can’t really go wrong. Gonna be one exciting off season!!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-03-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I agree with NM on the Denver deal. Haven’t thought much into their package but I like the package he came up with. All I know is we have so many options and we can’t really go wrong. Gonna be one exciting off season!!
    Yes. Plenty of options. Let us hope they don't screw this up. I'm perfectly happy with Ingram the deals are weak for Davis.

Tatum with a whopping 12 points on 5-15 shooting.. yet the Lakers lose with Ingram scoring 30+ and somehow he is to blame. LoL

Outside of the Celtics and Lakers the Knicks have the best trade package imo. They have a solid group of young talent led by Knox who can be a very good SF in this league. Their draft pick is the prize in this trade. Where teams fall in the lottery will change be a huge factor.
    Pels fans are going to be indignant when the Knicks get the #1 pick and won't trade it for Davis.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 03-03-2019 at 11:00 PM.

Pels fans are going to be indignant when the Knicks get the #1 pick won't trade it for Davis.
    No way to know unless they get it and have interest in AD.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    A lot of Pelicans fans have already assumed if the Knicks win the lottery, they'll offer their pick as part of a package for Davis. I've never been so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    We have reason to believe they have interest. I mean, they did already make an offer with Kristaps, and it's easy to read them moving him for healthy youth + picks as stocking up on assets.

You're right though, no way to be sure until it happens.

Another team I like as a trade partner is Chicago. AD for one is from there and would have interest in resigning. One of the best young upcoming big men is Markkanen. He is a 21 year old 7’ averaging 20 and 9. He would be the center piece player in this trade and someone I think would be a great fit here for what we need. Wendell Carter Jr. is a great young asset at just 19 years old. Has a ton of upside and like Markkanen was the 7th pick in the draft. Then you have Zach Lavine who has turned himself into a very good NBA player. Some might not like him but he has done nothing but steadily improve his game. At 23 years old he is arguably the most athletic guard in the NBA averaging 24 ppg and 5 apg on a very good 47% FG and 37% 3pt. Would be a very good fit next to Holiday. Denzel Valentine and Kris Dunn are a couple of nice pieces as well to be considered as part of a package. Both could be great role players on the bench for a playoff team.

On top of all these players they are currently in the 4th slot in the draft. Chicago potentially has one of the better packages we can get when you add in their draft picks. As I have said a lot depends on where the draft pick falls for some of these teams. If Chicago lands a top 3 pick I would be extremely happy with Markkanen, Lavine, top 3 pick, and their young assets. We could see the Bulls go all in to land a home town super star and lure in some top FAs in the next year or 2.

Holiday/Dunn
    Lavine/Frank
    Reddish/Keinrich/Valentine
    Markkanen/Diallo
    Carter Jr./Okafor
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-04-2019 at 12:47 AM.

IF the Knicks get the #1 pick then I think they're interest will depend on who they can entice over. If they get one or both Kyrie and Durant, I do think they prefer AD over Zion. I'll even go as far as to say Kyrie and Durant would prefer AD over Zion and may want to know a deal is in place before committing. Neither if those guys would want to wait a few seasons for Zion to get in his prime with AD already there.

If neither if them are heading to NY then, yeah, I think the Knicks would have ZERO interest in a trade for AD. So many moving parts in the NY trade.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    IF the Knicks get the #1 pick then I think they're interest will depend on who they can entice over. If they get one or both Kyrie and Durant, I do think they prefer AD over Zion. I'll even go as far as to say Kyrie and Durant would prefer AD over Zion and may want to know a deal is in place before committing. Neither if those guys would want to wait a few seasons for Zion to get in his prime with AD already there.

If neither if them are heading to NY then, yeah, I think the Knicks would have ZERO interest in a trade for AD. So many moving parts in the NY trade.
    That's my view as well. If they think AD guarantees them Kyrie, or KD, or both, then they make the trade. If they have doubt about free agents coming over though, they keep it.

Another team I like as a trade partner is Chicago. AD for one is from there and would have interest in resigning. One of the best young upcoming big men is Markkanen. He is a 21 year old 7’ averaging 20 and 9. He would be the center piece player in this trade and someone I think would be a great fit here for what we need. Wendell Carter Jr. is a great young asset at just 19 years old. Has a ton of upside and like Markkanen was the 7th pick in the draft. Then you have Zach Lavine who has turned himself into a very good NBA player. Some might not like him but he has done nothing but steadily improve his game. At 23 years old he is arguably the most athletic guard in the NBA averaging 24 ppg and 5 apg on a very good 47% FG and 37% 3pt. Would be a very good fit next to Holiday. Denzel Valentine and Kris Dunn are a couple of nice pieces as well to be considered as part of a package. Both could be great role players on the bench for a playoff team.

On top of all these players they are currently in the 4th slot in the draft. Chicago potentially has one of the better packages we can get when you add in their draft picks. As I have said a lot depends on where the draft pick falls for some of these teams. If Chicago lands a top 3 pick I would be extremely happy with Markkanen, Lavine, top 3 pick, and their young assets. We could see the Bulls go all in to land a home town super star and lure in some top FAs in the next year or 2.

Holiday/Dunn
    Lavine/Frank
    Markkanen/Diallo
    Carter Jr./Okafor
    No chance you get all that for AD.
    He has already said he wouldn't sign there long term.
    But **** knows, he also said he'd sign with any of the other 29 teams.

Still think behind closed doors that there are only a couple of teams AD would agree to sign long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We have reason to believe they have interest. I mean, they did already make an offer with Kristaps, and it's easy to read them moving him for healthy youth + picks as stocking up on assets.

You're right though, no way to be sure until it happens.
    They also came out and said they were going to be very aggressive in going after AD. So yeah, I'd say there is for sure interest.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No chance you get all that for AD.
    He has already said he wouldn't sign there long term.
    But **** knows, he also said he'd sign with any of the other 29 teams.

Still think behind closed doors that there are only a couple of teams AD would agree to sign long term.
    Yea I don’t think we get all of that either.. just kinda throwing around how good their offer can be. We really don’t know what someone like AD will fetch since it’s kinda unprecedented someone getting moved at his age with his talent. I’m happy with Lavine, Markkanen, and multiple picks. I do think we can get a little more then that though. I think a Chicago is one of those teams he would be interested in signing with behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post

I'm positive that Kyrie and KD would think adding themselves to the Knicks current group, plus the #1 pick, would equal Eastern Conference favorite. These are NBA Champions, multiple time All Stars, and All NBA guys. These are not guys lacking in confidence.

Kyrie/Ntilikna
    DSJ/Trier
    KD/Knox
    Zion
    Robinson

Throw in all their picks and the picks they got from Dallas, and that team is built for the long term. KD is 30, and has talked about wanting to retire at 35.

Unless it's a prerequisite to signing KD and Kyrie (I don't believe it will be), I'd pass on trading for AD if I got the #1 pick and I was running the Knicks. Any other pick, and I make the trade. But not Zion.

Why are you so positive Kyrie thinks the Knicks would be an Eastern conference finals team with the #1 pick without trading for AD?

You're entire premise right now is Kyrie is on a young loaded team with tons of future assets (that has already made it deep in the playoffs without him) and is willing to walk away from that... For the exact same thing....
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-04-2019 at 10:50 AM.

I'm positive that Kyrie and KD would think adding themselves to the Knicks current group, plus the #1 pick, would equal Eastern Conference favorite. These are NBA Champions, multiple time All Stars, and All NBA guys. These are not guys lacking in confidence.

Kyrie/Ntilikna
    DSJ/Trier
    KD/Knox
    Zion
    Robinson

Throw in all their picks and the picks they got from Dallas, and that team is built for the long term. KD is 30, and has talked about wanting to retire at 35.

Unless it's a prerequisite to signing KD and Kyrie (I don't believe it will be), I'd pass on trading for AD if I got the #1 pick and I was running the Knicks. Any other pick, and I make the trade. But not Zion.
    I completely agree about KD and Kyrie. I think they would be perfectly happy on the Knicks teaming up with the the 1st pick in the draft. I just don’t think that is what will happen. If the Knicks have the chance to get AD in a trade to team up with those 2 you absolutely don’t hesitate. Now if neither Kyrie or KD plan on going to the Knicks I think they would be foolish to make any trade for AD. IMO as o have been saying for over a year KD will be in NY next season. Adding Kyrie and KD turns them into instant contenders. Adding AD to that equation makes them instant NBA champion favorite for the next 5 years.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar

Holiday/Dunn
    Lavine/Frank
    Markkanen/Diallo
    Carter Jr./Okafor
    A bit late to the dance.
    Pelicandae & I discussed the Lavine/Markkanan trade idea at length 2 weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why are you so positive Kyrie thinks the Knicks would be an Eastern conference finals team with the #1 pick without trading for AD?

You're entire premise right now is Kyrie is on a young loaded team with tons of future assets (that has already made it deep in the playoffs without him) and is willing to walk away from that... For the exact same thing....
    I'm willing to believe it's entirely possible that you just miss KD, Kevin, and Durant in all my post about Kyrie leaving the Celtics for the Knicks....

you know, one of Kyrie's friends, 2x Finals MVP, perennial 1st Team All NBA, All Star Starter, and MVP candidate who is also a free agent and heavily rumored to have interest in going to the Knicks...who have TWO max slots available.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 03-04-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    A bit late to the dance.
    Pelicandae & I discussed the Lavine/Markkanan trade idea at length 2 weeks ago.
    LoL a bit late to the dance?? I talked about this right after AD came out with his trade demands as my top 4 trade packages.. give it a rest!!

I'm willing to believe it's entirely possible that you just miss KD, Kevin, and Durant in all my post about Kyrie leaving the Celtics for the Knicks....

you know, one of Kyrie's friends, 2x Finals MVP, perennial 1st Team All NBA, All Star Starter, and MVP candidate who is also a free agent and heavily rumored to have interest in going to the Knicks...who have TWO max slots available.
    There is footage of Kyrie speaking to Durant at the all star game about the Knicks having 2 max slots. IMO it’s a done deal. I don’t see anyway Kyrie stays with the Celtics unless they go to the NBA Finals or they make the trade for AD to keep him around. Even then I think Kyrie wants to play with KD as you said who is one of his best friends. Now the Knicks adding AD to those 2 is a different story but Kyrie/KD will be with the Knicks next season. You do have a case for the Knicks not gutting their team for AD and building a deeper roster around Zion and their young talent. They also have a ton of moves they can make with those young assets to bring in proven players that fit around Kyrie and KD. If I was a Knicks fan I would be very excited about this offseason.

Thread Information