Pelicans Report

Thread: Adam Silver’s latest comments on Davis situation

Adam Silver’s latest comments on Davis situation

https://www.nola.com/pelicans/2019/0...situation.html

Many Pelicans fans and members of the media have questioned why the NBA won’t simply allow Davis to be rested for the remainder of the season.

Silver, who said it was a “bad dynamic” in New Orleans, says there are still people who are paying to see Davis compete night in and night out.

“It’s not good when a player whose agent shows up in a city he doesn’t live in and announces this player doesn’t want to be here,” Silver said. “That’s bad for the fans there.

“It’s puts the league in a difficult position because back to the notion of an entertainment product because I can tell you, I look at the ratings and I can say the interest in the team is still going to be greater with Anthony Davis on the floor than when he’s not on the floor. He is a top player in this league. People are paying to see him compete.
    Yes because I want to watch Davis play? (Sarcasm)
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-02-2019 at 12:18 AM.

Yeah, the people who watch the Pels the most...like every night REALLY want to see him play. And love seeing his agent and Father at the games too. In fact, I think Rich Paul Bobble head Night is coming up soon.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

What he means is the foreigners from Liechtenstein want to watch him play over a dodgy internet connection. Most people who go to the home games do not want to watch a player that does not want to be here. You can make a case for road games, but home games should be 100 percent our decision. Anorexic doctor evil knows this. He is just making excuses.

I don't watch because of Davis, but when I do, it is in spite. I am a fan of the TEAM he is not on this team by his own actions and comments.

Umm the answer is simple, money.....

I love that he at least puts the onus on AD and his agent. I think a lot of people miss that thinking the outside sees us as the villains. In a way, I also think AD being forced to play punishes him a bit. As people have pointed out, his numbers are suffering. And it really is like a public shaming tour. It also never works out. The demanding players rarely go where they demand. Trying to use natural consequences to dissuade future actions.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I sit by the tunnel at games. A ton of fans still like AD and kids still lean over to give him a high five.

Personally, I'm waiting to see how discounted the AD Mardi Gras jerseys are once he's traded! My son and I are only going to wear them during Carnival season, so it might be a really great value!

...like Silver, my decisions are all about the money!

Well it’s obvious he doesn’t watch our games, because right now the product on the floor is better without AD.

And quite honestly it’s pissing me off that because of AD taking 20 useless minutes a night that we end up seeing either Jah or Cheick get quality minutes, instead of both getting quality minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information