Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: We should've traded for Brandon Ingram and Laker players and picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You've used one tautology after another. Your comment in post 1 says basically what post 5,000 says - Ingram great stats, possibly KD if he gains a three & he's better than Tatum , poor guy was put in cruddy situation.
    so in your opinion what's harder scoring on a bad team or scoring on a good team?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    so in your opinion what's harder scoring on a bad team or scoring on a good team?

Give it a rest for the night. Here read this,

https://247sports.com/nba/los-angele...tum-129530245/

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You are welcome.
    Great article!! Exactly what I have been saying!! Oh and it’s obvious some actually watch him and some don’t at all. States how he played PG at the end of last year and when he did that team turned the season around and won games. He is at his best with a little iso and off ball mixed in. Would fit incredibly alongside Holiday!! I actually love the DWade comparison.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post

Unless you're James Harden, much easier to be a dominant scorer on a bad team.
    Boston, Toronto, GoldenState, Denver, LA Clippers, 76ers, Sam Antonio ! All have balanced scoring.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-03-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Great article!! Exactly what I have been saying!! Oh and it’s obvious some actually watch him and some don’t at all. States how he played PG at the end of last year and when he did that team turned the season around and won games. He is at his best with a little iso and off ball mixed in. Would fit incredibly alongside Holiday!! I actually love the DWade comparison.
    Wade comparison was really good. I agree.

Unless you're James Harden, much easier to be a dominant scorer on a bad team.
    my thoughts exactly all ypu have to do is look at okafor for us

So a 247blogger claims Ingram playing like an all star is scripture? Oh Lord!
    My favourite lines from that article:

''Ingram was drafted to be Kevin Durant. On this team, he was supposed to be Klay Thompson. He'll never be either, but he's inching towards a happy medium. There are shades of Dwyane Wade in the off-ball chemistry he's developing with James and Kyrie Irving in some of his more acrobatic finishes.''

Oh, no big deal, so he's just some mix of Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, and Dwyane Wade. No biggie.

'' He made only four catch-and-shoot three-pointers in the month of January, per NBA.com, a total he has topped in the three games since the All-Star break alone. That they're going in is incidental.''

Doesn't matter if he makes the shots. Taking shots is as good as making shots, fact.

''If Ingram keeps this up, the question won't be whether or not the Lakers can trade him for Davis. It will morph into whether or not they are willing to.''

God damn it, they're right... The Lakers won't accept all-NBA, all-defensive, perennial MVP and DPOY candidate Anthony Davis... not when they've had... 15 games of Brandon Ingram!
    Basketball.

Thanks for these!! Great articles.. Good comparison showing where he is at compared to Leonard, Butler, and Heyward.. Ingram is on a completely different level then where they were at the same ages. Kid is going to make me look like a genius lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    My favourite lines from that article:

''Ingram was drafted to be Kevin Durant. On this team, he was supposed to be Klay Thompson. He'll never be either, but he's inching towards a happy medium. There are shades of Dwyane Wade in the off-ball chemistry he's developing with James and Kyrie Irving in some of his more acrobatic finishes.''

Oh, no big deal, so he's just some mix of Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson, Kyrie Irving, and Dwyane Wade. No biggie.

'' He made only four catch-and-shoot three-pointers in the month of January, per NBA.com, a total he has topped in the three games since the All-Star break alone. That they're going in is incidental.''

Doesn't matter if he makes the shots. Taking shots is as good as making shots, fact.

''If Ingram keeps this up, the question won't be whether or not the Lakers can trade him for Davis. It will morph into whether or not they are willing to.''

God damn it, they're right... The Lakers won't accept all-NBA, all-defensive, perennial MVP and DPOY candidate Anthony Davis... not when they've had... 15 games of Brandon Ingram!

https://theundefeated.com/features/b...r-kobe-bryant/

https://lakeshowlife.com/2019/03/02/...d-untouchable/

Yes, I understand that you know how copy and paste works. Well done.

For every 1 of yours , I can locate 2 of mine.
    But, it's not worth the energy.
    Because now, you are the baiter, because I KNOW you don't think Ingram is as good as Tatum.
    You like playing the game.

I love this absolutely idiotic assumption that because we disagree with you on Ingram's value, we haven't ever watched him play, and we also have never read anything that Laker's media says about him.

Sorry to blow your minds here guys, but it's possible to watch Ingram play, AND to read LA hype-pieces about him, AND still not be that impressed. I know that's difficult for you, when your impressions are decided for you by whichever article you've read most recently, but it is possible.

So now Ingram just takes shots but doesn’t make them!? LoL last season he shot 47% from the field and 39% from 3 pt. This season he is shooting 50% from the field and 33% 3pt. Not the best from 3pt so far this season but since the all star break shooting 60% from 3pt on 3.3 attempts per game. Season ain’t over yet!

So now Ingram just takes shots but doesn’t make them!? LoL last season he shot 47% from the field and 39% from 3 pt. This season he is shooting 50% from the field and 33% 3pt. Not the best from 3pt so far this season but since the all star break shooting 60% from 3pt on 3.3 attempts per game. Season ain’t over yet!
    I was, quite obviously if you can read, responding to the comment from the article. The article literally says that whether or not he makes them is ''incidental''. I was responding to how ridiculous that statement is. Obviously it's not incidental, it's instrumental, in fact.

But then, you knowing that would require you to actually read and use your brain and understand words without just inserting your own nonsense, which appears to be beyond you.

So, After the ASG, Ingram has gotten much better & the team has gotten much worse. Very Well!
    BTW- Do you mind naming the teams Ingram has improved against? Wait, I'll do it. Memphis , NO, Atlanta, Phx ! O my word . BTW- L L L L L.
    Last edited by Tinman; 03-03-2019 at 12:20 AM.

So, After the ASG, Ingram has gotten much better & the team has gotten much worse. Very Well!

You nailed it!

Small sample size, but it's also helped that he's playing next to Lebron. If he can keep it up the rest of the season, his value will be high, but his defense is still poor like Kuzma's.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    Small sample size, but it's also helped that he's playing next to Lebron. If he can keep it up the rest of the season, his value will be high, but his defense is still poor like Kuzma's.
    Yep. In fact, the article that I responded to specifically details how a lot of Ingram's recent success has come from playing off Lebron's passing, Lebron's gravity, Lebron's vision. There isn't too much of a shock: Jeff Green looked good playing next to Lebron.

And before GA25 runs in claiming I'm comparing Jeff Green to Ingram, no I'm not saying that Ingram is as bad as Green.

You nailed it!
    And this makes Ingram good, how exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicans78 View Post
    I agree. I like the fact that he is 21 years old and showing he has the ability to play at a high level consistently. I think everyone benefits by playing next to great players. Personally I think he would fit in better with Jrue as oppose to Lebron. Yea Lebron is the best player in the NBA but his ball dominance can make it tough for others to be consistent. I absolutely love that he has been able to learn from Lebron which increases his value imo. Nothing bad can come from being around Lebron James.

Nothing bad can come from being around Lebron James.
    I thought you said you hated Lebron?

It's just nice to be on the outside looking in for once on the conversation...

One think I think we can all agree on is, My favorite thing about watching the Lakers right now is seeing the meltdown of Lebron. I'm going to so enjoy it when he misses the playoffs.

https://youtu.be/pAG3O9X0cdc

We need a SF like this!! Adding a 20+ ppg wing would take this team to another level!!

https://youtu.be/pAG3O9X0cdc

We need a SF like this!! Adding a 20+ ppg wing would take this team to another level!!
    We need Jason Tatum !

Thread Information