Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: We should've traded for Brandon Ingram and Laker players and picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    After I saw the Durant minus a 3pt shot comparison, I started having floaters in my eyes .
    the hyperbole is real for some lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

If anything this season should prove we need two way players and not just scorers. Is clamoring to give Randle a big contract or saying we 100% should have traded for Ingram who are both one way players going to actually make us a better team?

We have the 4th highest scoring offense in the league right now. And are sitting at 8th place in the tank.

People get mesmerized by empty stats while there's an entirely other side of the game. I'm not sure how anyone after watching this team all season could still be so blinded by "this player put up 25 points therefore we should want him/sign him to a big contract".

If Ingram is in the best package for AD then great. He was the best we could get for AD. However this trend on the forum recently of just wanting high volume scorers for the sake of "Hey they scored a lot" is not the right way to build a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If Ingram is in the best package for AD then great. He was the best we could get for AD. However this trend on the forum recently of just wanting high volume scorers for the sake of "Hey they scored a lot" is not the right way to build a team.
    It's kind of puzzling. The perspective I took, very strongly, and which I think is the same perspective you took, is not that Ingram/Kuzma/Ball are the worst players in the league and should be playing in China.

No.

We said that they are underwhelming, especially when you look at both sides of the game (Ingram and Kuzma can't play defense, Ball can't play offense), and that waiting until Summer gave us our best chance to get a better deal. Maybe Ingram learns how to play defense, sure: as his fans love saying, he's only 21! Or maybe Ball figured out how to shoot, it's possible! Nobody is saying their careers are completely doomed and that they have no skills whatsoever. All that's being said is that they are very flawed players in many ways, and that waiting gives us the best chance to get something better.

For some reason, some people have responded to that as if we shot their dog or something.

Edit: Also, Ingram's current hot streak doesn't impress me that much. Shock horror, a mediocre player looks better when he's playing next to Lebron. Don't let yourself forget that without Lebron, Ingram shot 30% from 3 for 17 games and the Lakers went 6-11 and took losses to Cleveland, the Knicks, Phoenix, and the Clippers.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 03-02-2019 at 09:16 AM.
    Basketball.

Tatum carried them, without Kyrie to the Eastern Fimals last year at 19yrs. Not that it means anything .
    To be fair, Pelfans aren't exactly used to a player carrying a team into greatness.

Basketball Guru
    i want all of the lakers young players......i just dont understand why 100% of this board dont understand its in the pelicans best interest to trade AD after this season is over....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    i want all of the lakers young players......i just dont understand why 100% of this board dont understand its in the pelicans best interest to trade AD after this season is over....
    We all FULLY understand that it's in our best interests to trade AD after this season. Literally everyone agrees with that. There is nobody who disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    We all FULLY understand that it's in our best interests to trade AD after this season. Literally everyone agrees with that. There is nobody who disagrees.
    I can’t even

Basketball Guru
    if thats the case then why this thread?....why some people still crying about we should have traded AD before the deadline?....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    if thats the case then why this thread?....why some people still crying about we should have traded AD before the deadline?....
    That's my mistake then, I must have misunderstood your post.

I thought you were implying that some people wanted to keep AD going into next season, which nobody does.

Ingram scoring 25 points on 10-19 shooting while going 2-2 from 3pt. Kid has been an absolute terror since the all star break. Again only 21 years old!!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Ingram scoring 25 points on 10-19 shooting while going 2-2 from 3pt. Kid has been an absolute terror since the all star break. Again only 21 years old!!
    And what's their record during that time? Ingram is an ISO scorer. He is a ball stopper.

And what's their record during that time? Ingram is an ISO scorer. He is a ball stopper.
    I watch just about every game and I can promise you they are not losing because of Ingram. That’s like questioning how good they really are with Lebron because they are losing. That is flat out a bad team. Ingram has been the only player outside of Lebron keeping them in games lately. Would anybody here want Devin Booker or no because he has been on the worst team in the NBA?

I watch just about every game and I can promise you they are not losing because of Ingram. That’s like questioning how good they really are with Lebron because they are losing. That is flat out a bad team. Ingram has been the only player outside of Lebron keeping them in games lately. Would anybody here want Devin Booker or no because he has been on the worst team in the NBA?
    Do I want Booker? Sure.

Do I want Booker for AD?

Hell no.

Don't try that Word Salad junk! I never said they were losing because of him.
    I said he is an ISO scorer & a ball stopper.

Ingram is shooting 50% from the field. As a SF that is great and to do it at the age of 21 is incredible. Just slightly improving that 3 point shot will take this kid to another level. He ya the ability to create on his own along with the skill set to create for others. I just wonder if he would be so under rated had he been in Tatums position..

I just wonder if he would be so under rated had he been in Tatums position..
    If he had carried a team missing its leading scorer to the conference finals?

Nah, he'd be getting a lot of praise if he did that.

Don't try that Word Salad junk! I never said they were losing because of him.
    I said he is an ISO scorer & a ball stopper.

So do we need an off ball scorer? No we need someone who can create for themselves and get buckets. He also plays PG at times when Lebron is out because of his ability to create for others. Go look at what Coach K has said about his ability to play the point. I don’t understand how you are trying to insinuate him being an iso player is a bad thing. He is not a ball stopper and this shows you don’t watch much of him. He has the ability to do much more then iso or he wouldn’t be Lebrons go to guy to be on the court with. Most of the best players in the NBA are “iso” guys..

So do we need an off ball scorer? No we need someone who can create for themselves and get buckets. He also plays PG at times when Lebron is out because of his ability to create for others. Go look at what Coach K has said about his ability to play the point. I don’t understand how you are trying to insinuate him being an iso player is a bad thing. He is not a ball stopper and this shows you don’t watch much of him. He has the ability to do much more then iso or he wouldn’t be Lebrons go to guy to be on the court with. Most of the best players in the NBA are “iso” guys..
    I don't understand your point. You're simultaneously arguing that him being an iso player isn't a bad thing because we need someone who creates their own shot, and that most of the best players are iso players, and at the same time you're saying that he's not an iso player, he can play point, Coach K says he can play point, he doesn't stop the ball, etc etc.

Either he's an iso player, and we need that, or he's a point forward who can run offenses. Which is it?

If he had carried a team missing its leading scorer to the conference finals?

Nah, he'd be getting a lot of praise if he did that.

LoL yea Tatum carried that team!! He joined a 53 win team that went to the ECF losing to the NBA champions the previous year.. surely that wouldn’t be a good situation for someone like Ingram to join. I think Tatum is a very good player but I equally think Ingram is as well. So not really proving much here.

I don't understand your point. You're simultaneously arguing that him being an iso player isn't a bad thing because we need someone who creates their own shot, and that most of the best players are iso players, and at the same time you're saying that he's not an iso player, he can play point, Coach K says he can play point, he doesn't stop the ball, etc etc.

Either he's an iso player, and we need that, or he's a point forward who can run offenses. Which is it?
    When did I say he wasn’t an iso player? I said he can do much more then just iso ball.. is it not possible for someone to possess some of both!? LoL man reaching again..
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-02-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Yeah, I'd prefer the Denver, Clipper, 76er model . No ISO players.

When did I say he wasn’t an iso player? I said he can do much more then just iso ball.. is it not possible for someone to possess some of both!? LoL man reaching again..
    No, he has never proven that he can excel off the ball & he's not a very good passer. And plays Zero defense. At 6'9" 190, he is an absolute liability on defense. He can't matchup with anyone. The PG & wings are 2 quick & the low posters are too big.

Yeah, I'd prefer the Denver, Clipper, 76er model . No ISO players.
    I think Ingram would benefit much more by being on a team that moves the ball as well. Honestly I think Lebron holds him back in a way by turning him into a stand and shoot player with little ball movement. When we need someone to iso and put the ball in the hoop he can do that as well. That’s what you want your best players to be able to do. So I don’t get how him being able to be a great iso player at times is a bad thing. Ingram would be a great fit in Gentry’s system alongside Jrue. Instead of in Lebrons system with Walton as the puppet.

LoL yea Tatum carried that team!! He joined a 53 win team that went to the ECF losing to the NBA champions the previous year.. surely that wouldn’t be a good situation for someone like Ingram to join. I think Tatum is a very good player but I equally think Ingram is as well. So not really proving much here.
    He ''joined'' a 53 win team? Weird, I thought that 53 win team from the previous year had Avery Bradley, Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Amir Johnson, Kelly Olynyk, and Gerald Green on it.

And I could swear the team he ended up on didn't have any of those players on it. Weird.

And I could swear that the guys that replaced them, like Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward, they weren't there when Tatum was leading the Celtics through the playoffs. I thought they had gotten injured, and that he was their leading scorer when they beat Milwaukee and Philadelphia.

Weird.

Thread Information