Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 1st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 27-36

It's almost like Jrue doesn't know we need the tank...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He is a decent player.

You dont give 'decent' players $20m a year.
    Some teams can afford to. We can’t. He is eleventy billion times better than Solomon Hill and Co who received silly money for their production. I agree he isn’t worth the price tag, but that applies to 75-80% of NBA players on big contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    Some teams can afford to. We can’t. He is eleventy billion times better than Solomon Hill and Co who received silly money for their production. I agree he isn’t worth the price tag, but that applies to 75-80% of NBA players on big contracts.
    Well yeah, some teams can. Let's put it this way:

If we were a team that was about to head to the finals, and he was a real contributor to a system that was working, and we needed to give him $20m a season to keep that core together, then I'd pay him $20m season.

But since, instead, we're a disintegrating team that's selling off good players like Niko for spare parts, looking to rebuild and restructure completely as we move on from a franchise player, I don't really want to give long term, big money to ANYONE. Let alone 'decent' players.
    Basketball.

The only way I want Randle for 20M next season is if both Moore and Solo have been traded using some late first round picks or late 2nds.

Then I could stomach 20M.
    He's worth nothing more than 3 years 50M.

And I get a C who is a time protector.

Well yeah, some teams can. Let's put it this way:

If we were a team that was about to head to the finals, and he was a real contributor to a system that was working, and we needed to give him $20m a season to keep that core together, then I'd pay him $20m season.

But since, instead, we're a disintegrating team that's selling off good players like Niko for spare parts, looking to rebuild and restructure completely as we move on from a franchise player, I don't really want to give long term, big money to ANYONE. Let alone 'decent' players.
    I agree. I just don’t think he is the net negative some make him out to be. If any GM had a vision for an ISO beast, I’d wager Randle would be pretty high on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    The only way I want Randle to 20M next season is if both Moore and Solo have been traded using some late first round picks or late 2nds.

Then I could stomach 20M.
    He's worth nothing more than 3 years 50M.
    Agreed. Even then I wouldn’t do it. Just think he is a better player than some make him out to be

I agree. I just don’t think he is the net negative some make him out to be. If any GM had a vision for an ISO beast, I’d wager Randle would be pretty high on the list.
    I mean, he's not a net negative, he's just a big fat neutral.

He adds a lot offensively, and he subtracts a lot defensively. If we need a bucket, he will get it. If the other team needs a bucket, they'll get it on him.

I mean, he's not a net negative, he's just a big fat neutral.

He adds a lot offensively, and he subtracts a lot defensively. If we need a bucket, he will get it. If the other team needs a bucket, they'll get it on him.
    Those are things great coaches can work around to be fair. Unfortunately we will never land one

More importantly.
    Bulls v Hawks going into the 4th OT.

I like Cheik. Total wild card

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    More importantly.
    Bulls v Hawks going into the 4th OT.
    Surely putting fans through 4 overtimes worth of these Bulls vs these Hawks is pretty close to a war crime, no?

Those are things great coaches can work around to be fair. Unfortunately we will never land one
    They're things great coaches can work around when they have other players to cover for that weakness. We don't, and when we get some rookies in, their development shouldn't be hindered by being forced to compensate for Randle.

Trae Young's about to score 50.

He's played 57 minutes, but he's still gonna do it.

Randle having a great 2nd half.

They're things great coaches can work around when they have other players to cover for that weakness. We don't, and when we get some rookies in, their development shouldn't be hindered by being forced to compensate for Randle.
    Agree completely.

That poor cameraman . Why do they sit so close?

*sigh*

WISH we had a tank commander like Josh Jackson.

Their tank is simply masterful.

We just have to accept the fact that we are too good to be terrible, and too bad to be good. Good teams won’t take us seriously and bad teams will see us as a threat to their Panzer fleet

Poor Trae Young scores 49, on 17-33 shots, with 16 assists, plays 56 minutes.

And loses

We just have to accept the fact that we are too good to be terrible, and too bad to be good. Good teams won’t take us seriously and bad teams will see us as a threat to their Panzer fleet
    We're probably gonna go win-loss-win-loss or something close to it for the rest of the year. We're 7th right now in the tank-ranks, and we'll probably stay that way.

We're probably gonna go win-loss-win-loss or something close to it for the rest of the year. We're 7th right now in the tank-ranks, and we'll probably stay that way.
    Yeah. It doesn’t help that Anthony is scoring points out of spite the rat

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Their tank is simply masterful.
    They've been doing it for about 6 years, so it should be.

I mean we're still pretty bad. Lol.

Yeah. It doesn’t help that Anthony is scoring points out of spite the rat
    Yeah. As much as I wanna tank, I can't be mad if we win because Cheick and Kenrich and Frank ball out.

When we lose because AD wants to score a quick 20? Or because Alvin plays Randle 40 minutes? That ticks me off.

Thread Information