Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: March 1st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 27-36

Pelicans March 1st - New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns - 27-36

Tonight, we are on the road, facing the 12-50 Phoenix Suns. They have won 3 games in 2019, and have gone 1-17 over their last 18 games.

They stink. They really show you what tanking for a full season looks like. They are just awful. 28th ranked offense, 29th ranked defense. 30th in rebounds, 18th in assists, 19th in blocks, 2nd worst team for turnovers, the worst team for fouling in the entire league, 30th in 3pt%, just the epitome of awful. The only thing they are good at is stealing the ball, they're third in that.

Of their 5 players who have logged at least 1000 minutes this season, precisely one of them has a positive net rating: DeAndre Ayton, with a net rating of +6. Booker is a -11, Bridges is a -4, Josh Jackson is a -24, and TJ Warren is a -5. Woah boy they suck. The Suns have been trapped in a rebuild since before I can even remember (obviously I am aware of a time that they were good, like a decade ago, but I can't personally remember that). Seriously. I have been an NBA fan since 2012, and in the 7 seasons since, the Phoenix Suns have made the playoffs 0 times. They have had precisely 1 season above .500. They have had 6 coaches in that time.

It would be real handy if we could lose to them though. AD is playing tonight because Adam Silver hates me, yes, me, personally.

I'd love a loss, but this is the kind of game I kind of see as an inevitable win. They are really bad, guys.

Lets go and #DoItBigButNotTooBigArizonaIsHotDon'tWannaGetHeatS trokeOrSomething
    Basketball.

Is Dairis playing tonight ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was free beer involved in this game tonight

https://deadspin.com/suns-fans-wait-...t-f-1832977305

AD must realise that playing kills his numbers, right?

He was averaging 29.5/13.3/4.4 before the trade request.

His season averages have dropped to 27.5/12.5/4.1 since then.

If he had stopped playing when he requested the trade, his legacy (that he apparently cares about) would have seen the addition of a historically good season, marred with trade drama. But because he's insisted on playing, it's probably not even going to be his own best season in the last three years.

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Getting killed early by Dragan Bender

TANK TIME

AD just left the court, Diallo came on, and then AD changed his mind, came back on, and made Diallo go back to the bench.

Dude is TRYING to make me hate him.

End of the first, down 32-27

Moore is beyond redundant on this team now.

Miller playmaking nicely and Frankie dropping dem threes

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Moore is beyond redundant on this team now.

Miller playmaking nicely and Frankie dropping dem threes
    I get what you're saying, but Frank didn't make more than a single three in a game for a month.

He's his 2 tonight, and this is his first game with more than 1 since January. So... yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I get what you're saying, but Frank didn't make more than a single three in a game for a month.

He's his 2 tonight, and this is his first game with more than 1 since January. So... yeah
    Moore is a good complimentary piece like Niko. He doesn't really fit on a rebuilding team

Washington is tied with Boston going into the fourth quarter.

If Washington win tonight, and we lose, we move into 6th, giving us a 10% chance for the 1st overall pick.

Moore is a good complimentary piece like Niko. He doesn't really fit on a rebuilding team
    I agree. It's juts that saying that Frank's 3s are dropping is only true if you count anything within 5 feet of the basket

Kinda sad for Ayton that he's having such a good season, really a fantastic rookie that 90% of teams would be happy to have, but he's not even gonna sniff ROTY because Luka Doncic.

I agree. It's juts that saying that Frank's 3s are dropping is only true if you count anything within 5 feet of the basket
    Huh? He's 3/3 from three today

This is like watching two teams openly try to stealth tank. Lol.

AD thinking this an ALL Star game with the behind the back pass to turnover. LOL

Huh? He's 3/3 from three today
    Yes, and before that he had shot 14.8% for a month.

Yes, and before that he had shot 14.8% for a month.
    So

Off topic Bledsoe got 70 mil

GuardianAngel? Are you here tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    GuardianAngel? Are you here tonight?
    Your boyfriend Randle with 2 and 4 against the worst team in the league

Quick! Extend him! 60 mil!

Your boyfriend Randle with 2 and 4 against the worst team in the league

Quick! Extend him! 60 mil!
    You saw what Bledsoe got. He not even the star player.

So
    So I think that if you're saying Moore is irrelevant now because Frank's dropping threes, then you have to consider more than this one game, and pay attention to his overall performance?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You saw what Bledsoe got. He not even the star player.
    Is Randle a star player?

There is Randle!

Thread Information