Thread: Assuming we trade with Boston

Assuming we trade with Boston

Our depth chart:

Smart/Jackson
    Jrue/brown/etwan
    Tatum/williams/Stanley
    Diallo/
    Jah/

I think we move etwan at the draft. Elfrid and randle are likely gone even though I like them both. AD and Solo traded to Boston I think we look at bigs with our high picks.

Just as exciting if we go with new York and get dsj and Knox with a high pick. I am happy either way and we still need to look at the 4/5 in the draft.

Flush this season and the second era of the Pelicans franchise ends. We can pray that JT begins the 3rd.

Don’t forget Randle assuming we re-sign him.

/thread

Haha. Yeah. There really isn't anything to argue here.

We tank and get the number 1 pick then trade AD for Tatum smart and brown, draft Zion, resign randle.

Jrue
    Brown
    Tatum
    Zion
    Randle or okafor

Smart as the 6th man

Our tank game ain't strong enough to get in contention for the #1 pick. There are 4 teams with 17 or less wins... they know how to do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Our tank game ain't strong enough to get in contention for the #1 pick. There are 4 teams with 17 or less wins... they know how to do it right.
    NBA rigs lottery for us, we get first pick

W
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Bring on Zion!

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I see what you mean, but you actually have a decent chance of getting the number one pick even if you're fairly low down.

Worst team gets a 14% chance.
    6th gets a 9% chance.

Could happen
    Basketball.

I think we don't resign randle cuz he wants at least double what he is getting now. I think no matter where we pick we go 4/5 and I really want Payton back more than randle.

If we get Zion we may be a playoff team next season if we can get an above avg 3 and d 4. The draft has the potential to really make us. Like when the saints got lattimore ram and kamara in the same draft. Hope our next GM is a draft guru

We tank and get the number 1 pick then trade AD for Tatum smart and brown, draft Zion, resign randle.

Jrue
    Brown
    Tatum
    Zion
    Randle or okafor

Smart as the 6th man
    This is my favorite package. If Boston is willing to let off that pick along with the players it’s a no brainer. I think I would take Rozier over Smart but that’s a tough one cause I love me some Marcus Smart!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    This is my favorite package. If Boston is willing to let off that pick along with the players it’s a no brainer. I think I would take Rozier over Smart but that’s a tough one cause I love me some Marcus Smart!!
    It's a tough one because Rosier would have to agree for a sign and trade to NOLA.

Jrue
    Brown
    Tatum
    Zion
    Randle or okafor

Smart as the 6th man
    If you miraculously got Zion and Tatum, why in the world would you pay Randle all that money to play C?

Him guarding C's at 6'9" would be god awful.
    Pay a legit C who can rim protect or draft.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    I think we don't resign randle cuz he wants at least double what he is getting now. I think no matter where we pick we go 4/5 and I really want Payton back more than randle.
    Where have you read that Randle is chasing 20mil per?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It’s like there’s no real way we win now. If we get it legit, everyone , even our own fans, will say it’s set up. And I hate conspiracy theories.

I think if we get the first pick, it will just be because something that had a small chance of happening, happened.

Think about it. If you get told you have (say) a 6% chance of something happening, and then it happens, why is that a conspiracy? 6% is small, sure, but it's not impossible. It's not negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by wnelson View Post
    Our depth chart:

Smart/Jackson
    Jrue/brown/etwan
    Tatum/williams/Stanley
    Diallo/
    Jah/

I think we move etwan at the draft. Elfrid and randle are likely gone even though I like them both. AD and Solo traded to Boston I think we look at bigs with our high picks.

Just as exciting if we go with new York and get dsj and Knox with a high pick. I am happy either way and we still need to look at the 4/5 in the draft.

Flush this season and the second era of the Pelicans franchise ends. We can pray that JT begins the 3rd.
    Jrue, brown and Tatum would be starting. If you resign Randle, then you’ll need a stretch 5 or someone who can defend the opponent big man down low.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think if we get the first pick, it will just be because something that had a small chance of happening, happened.

Think about it. If you get told you have (say) a 6% chance of something happening, and then it happens, why is that a conspiracy? 6% is small, sure, but it's not impossible. It's not negligible.
    Well you do have to take in to account the “convenience” factor. I’ll admit that the AD draft was particularly convenient and you could make a case because the NBA was looking for a willing buyer for the franchise. I don’t really see how us winning the draft here is convenient for the NBA. And 6% chance is certainly not negligible as you have said.

The Franchise
    I think Boston would like to keep smart or at least if i was them so Brown would be the guy I’d move and his next contract could be big. As for the pick, I’d really like Morant. We could give him a year running the backups and by year 2 him and Jrue could rock.

[QUOTE=wnelson;1482166]Our depth chart:

Smart/Jackson
    Jrue/brown/etwan
    Tatum/williams/Stanley
    Diallo/
    Jah/

Flush this season and the second era of the Pelicans franchise ends. We can pray that JT begins the 3rd.[/QUOT

I HOPE NOT!! THAT LINE UP WINS 30 GAMES AT BEST

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdee2019 View Post

I HOPE NOT!! THAT LINE UP WINS 30 GAMES AT BEST
    We are playing with a worse version of that lineup right now and are 1 win away from 30. You add all that to the team and we are going to be better...

For those who know Boston's talent way better than me (I just don't follow them), someone do the lineup without Tatum. I think Kyrie's gone and they're not going to let Tatum go, assuming we still do make the trade. I guess that begs the question, would there still be enough there without Tatum? Or do the Pels look elsewhere (and no, I'm not talking about the Lakers)?
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sting View Post
    For those who know Boston's talent way better than me (I just don't follow them), someone do the lineup without Tatum. I think Kyrie's gone and they're not going to let Tatum go, assuming we still do make the trade. I guess that begs the question, would there still be enough there without Tatum? Or do the Pels look elsewhere (and no, I'm not talking about the Lakers)?
    I never thought Boston would trade Tatum without AD extending with them. Someone in the news (Broussard I think) said that Boston could still offer a better package for AD even without Tatum. He didn't say what that package was but I just don't see it happenin'.

They would be worse than most of the teams we trotted out their with him, as is. Same with NYK. LAL, too, except for LeBron. The team selling everything for AD would be banking on also having a free agency extravaganza that would net them either Kyrie, Durant, or both.

"So why give up your entire young core for AD?"

Because we know NBA players talk. I don't see it as colluding...they're players....I dislike it but they can do it. So it stands to reason NY or Bos will know they can reload before pulling the trigger. But it's also an arms race. Whoever wins will be the next superstar destination. If it's LAL, they've established the new Miami at the same time GSW could be eroding. If it's Bos or NY, not only did you establish the new Miami and dominance in the East, the loser will not have the ammo left in FA to put together a competing team.....so the loser loses BIG. NY has the best chance to come back in a year depending on how the lottery goes but that ownership is getting tired of waiting.

That's why everyone is so certain we get the best packages each team has available thrown at us. The teams are almost more motivated not to lose this than they are to win it.
    Last edited by msusousaphone; 03-04-2019 at 09:32 AM.

Thread Information