Pelicans Report

Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

The Empire Strikes Back

We just lost a nationally televised game. I’m not sure why (other than we aren’t playing AD as the NBA wants us to).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	76193AE8-63B0-49B0-994B-DF5B9F1B4553.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	6400
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 02-28-2019 at 07:25 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Because a team that is not playing well and not consistently playing its star is likely not a big draw.

They don't want the nation to see AD sitting on the bench in the 4th quarter. I guess.

Pay Randle!

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Pay Randle!
    Are you Randle's agent

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Are you Randle's agent
    You don’t think he is an asset right now? He has come a long way. Time to make him our new leader.

You don’t think he is an asset right now? He has come a long way. Time to make him our new leader.
    Come along way from California? Maybe

He's out of contract so he's not a trade asset, and he's basically a net negative with his lack of defense. One of the most gifted scorers in the NBA, I'll give you that.

But I think he's a pretty good scoring punch guy off the bench. If someone else wants to give him 15-20 per, go right ahead. I won't miss him

Jrue is the captain
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-28-2019 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Come along way from California? Maybe

He's out of contract so he's not a trade asset, and he's basically a net negative with his lack of defense. One of the most gifted scorers in the NBA, I'll give you that.

But I think he's a pretty good scoring punch guy off the bench. If someone else wants to give him 15-20 per, go right ahead. I won't miss him

Nobody playing defense in the NBA right now. Brought up several times during ESPN broadcast. If anything blame the person coaching that defense. Give him the extension.

Nobody playing defense in the NBA right now. Brought up several times during ESPN broadcast. If anything blame the person coaching that defense.
    The treasured players are playing defense. Giannis, Gobert, George, Covington, Jrue to name but a few. Embiid. Smart people realise their worth to the team

There have been plenty of trash basketball teams getting nationally televised games (some because they are in big markets, some because they have a star player, in this case we might not have either). I just think it’s odd we are losing a nationally televised game after the NBA’s threats towards this team.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    There have been plenty of trash basketball teams getting nationally televised games (some because they are in big markets, some because they have a star player, in this case we might not have either). I just think it’s odd we are losing a nationally televised game after the NBA’s threats towards this team.
    You liked listening to Isiah Thomas? That was probably going to be your announcer vs Bucks.

Nobody playing defense in the NBA right now. Brought up several times during ESPN broadcast. If anything blame the person coaching that defense. Give him the extension.
    Think about that.

Nobody is playing defense in the league, and Randle is STILL bad enough on defense that it stands out.
    Basketball.

He's just baiting you, at this point.

How is it baiting? Randle’s productivity has greatly improved. As for bad defending? Look at Lebron https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-jame...145919620.html

So Lebron has one good game defensively on us but it has been on the decline.

How is it baiting? Randle’s productivity has greatly improved. As for bad defending? Look at Lebron https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-jame...145919620.html

So Lebron has one good game defensively on us but it has been on the decline.
    Lebron got paid because he is Lebron. If your argument for paying Randle big money is based around, "but look how much Lebron is getting paid" then you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Lebron got paid because he is Lebron. If your argument for paying Randle big money is based around, "but look how much Lebron is getting paid" then you're doing it wrong.
    No I was talking about Lebron being a bad defender.

No I was talking about Lebron being a bad defender.
    Is that justification for overpaying Randle?

Is that justification for overpaying Randle?
    How would we be overpaying Randle? This is not a Seldom Hill situation.

How would we be overpaying Randle? This is not a Seldom Hill situation.
    This is like talking to a brick wall.

This is like talking to a brick wall.
    Tell me why you would not? Pelicanidae was not opposed to paying Randle just not as much. I can agree there, but I can’t agree just because his defense is not the best we should kick him the curb. The Holiday/Randle combination is working. Don’t ruin a good thing.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 02-28-2019 at 10:49 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Tell me why you would not? Pelicanidae was not opposed to paying Randle just not as much. I can agree there, but I can’t agree just because his defense is not the best we should kick him the curb. The Holiday/Randle combination is working. Don’t ruin a good thing.
    If we pay Randle more than 13-15, we're nuts. Which is possible.
    Randle would have to opt out for us to pay him more than 10ish.
    And I have a feeling that there will be a team that will over reach & over pay. Probably get 18 mill. I would then put my arm in the air, Palm forward & move hand left to right & repeat .

Based on the advanced metrics and with the salary cap around $109 million next season, both Jrue and Randle are worth about $19 million per season meaning Randle may get more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I came here for a league argument, this is randle abuse.

Anyway, League is clearly being petty. I'd be losing my mind if I owned this team...

That’s based on win shares but if you look at VORP then Jrue is worth about 25-26 million and Randle is around 15 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think 4 years/$76 million with a first year starting salary of $16.5 million is an ok deal for a guy like Randle who's young and has improved every single season in his career.

Thread Information