Pelicans Report

Thread: The Wojbomb we all deserve

News The Wojbomb we all deserve

Basketball.

Lol
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Ad's only mate.

Great move lolllllll
    RIP FlyGirl

He obviously has his limitations, but he's probably been the most productive #3 PG in the league

I think AD got Tim fired. Behind the scenes AD talking to Ferry about increasing his minutes, Ferry refuses says AD isn't part of their plans anymore, AD comments back "If I ain't part of your plans then why you still got my boy around to keep me happy?", Ferry *Tim Frazier cut*

If there is any GM (without the last name Nelson) who knows European talent it’s Ferry. He played there, and has brought several players over during his time as GM in both Cleveland and Atlanta. He knows the wells to go to in order to get the talent he needs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

It’s official...

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    It’s official...

Is this a good move? What do You think?

Kick the tires.

I like it because we have seen a number of examples of guys who in their late 20s found their way on to NBA teams and proved to be solid bench additions.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Kick the tires.

I like it because we have seen a number of examples of guys who in their late 20s found their way on to NBA teams and proved to be solid bench additions.
    Yes off the top of my head I'm thinking of PJ Tucker and Joe Ingles as guys who were out of the league and found their way back once they were older and really was solid for their team.

Not at all saying this guy will be them, but why not kick the tires the rest of this season and if he looks decent next year too. Gives us his early Bird Rights too if he ends up sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes off the top of my head I'm thinking of PJ Tucker and Joe Ingles as guys who were out of the league and found their way back once they were older and really was solid for their team.

Not at all saying this guy will be them, but why not kick the tires the rest of this season and if he looks decent next year too. Gives us his early Bird Rights too if he ends up sticking around.
    Exactly. Kick the tyres as much as possible from now till the end, what is there to lose?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    AD started this season saying he’s the best player in the world. Lmao. Stay humble. I think this franchise has to get lucky and we gotta get real leadership. You can’t call yourself the best in the world if you can’t be a true leader. Game over AD. You, Rich Paul or Lebron don’t run the pelicans. I can’t wait till we trade AD and I can’t wait till we face AD and win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    I feel attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I feel attacked.
    Don't be silly brah

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Yeah, I was thinking Ingles when I wrote that post, but the list of guys who were down and out and found their way back to the association is wild.

- Fabricio Alberto
    - Pero Antic
    - Arvydas Sabonis
    - Pablo Prigioni
    - Demarre Carroll
    - Doug Christie
    - Bruce Bowen
    - John Starks

The list of guys who came on the scene when they were rolling up to age 30 should give everyone reason to reconsider not giving older players a chance.

Btw,has anyone seen what Anthony Bennett has been up to in the G-League?

He's a guy that may be worth giving a 10 day contract to to see what he has. He has developed a 3 point shot. I wonder if he is staying in shape.

Yeah, I was thinking Ingles when I wrote that post, but the list of guys who were down and out and found their way back to the association is wild.

- Fabricio Alberto
    - Pero Antic
    - Arvydas Sabonis
    - Pablo Prigioni
    - Demarre Carroll
    - Doug Christie
    - Bruce Bowen
    - John Starks

The list of guys who came on the scene when they were rolling up to age 30 should give everyone reason to reconsider not giving older players a chance.

The G League isn't a breeding ground for NBA players. I'm having a hard time trying to ascertain what the G League even achieves

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He's a guy that may be worth giving a 10 day contract to to see what he has. He has developed a 3 point shot. I wonder if he is staying in shape.
    I read recently that he is found his drive and determination while being out of the league, and that his performance in the G-League showed as much. I would bring him in during the offseason for a look in the Summer League.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    The G League isn't a breeding ground for NBA players. I'm having a hard time trying to ascertain what the G League even achieves

I think over the next few years you will see it used more effectively like the minors are in baseball. There have been some success stories: Danny Green, Patty Mills, Chris Anderson, JJ Barea, Hassan Whiteside, Rudy Gobert, Jeremy Lin, Clint Capela, Gerald Green, JaMychal Green, Seth Curry, Gerald Green.

The talent is there.

Thread Information