Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: February 27th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 27-35

Tank back on

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    This hurts. I don't care losing every other game, but I wanna beat the Fakers every time. Damn
    I 100% agree!! It’s not the Lakers it’s Lebron for me haha..

I officially hate AD more then any player in the NBA..

I'm not even happy about this loss.

I'm the tank commander, but the entire point of the tank (aside from the pick) is modifying schemes to develop young players.

NOT to play Randle 40 minutes a game while leaving Diallo and Okafor glued to the bench.

At least Jackson got to play.
    Basketball.

Randle = MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Diallo only got 15 minutes.

Okafor only got 3.

Glad Randle got 40 though. That is how you develop young talent.

Okafor and Diablo are 1 and 2 years younger then Randle.. You act like he is some vet on the downside of his career lol.. he is still a young talent developing that is on this team.. has just as much of a future here as the other 2..

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not even happy about this loss.

I'm the tank commander, but the entire point of the tank (aside from the pick) is modifying schemes to develop young players.

NOT to play Randle 40 minutes a game while leaving Diallo and Okafor glued to the bench.

At least Jackson got to play.

The deer will beat them Friday. That team not going to playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Okafor and Diablo are 1 and 2 years younger then Randle.. You act like he is some vet on the downside of his career lol.. he is still a young talent developing that is on this team.. has just as much of a future here as the other 2..
    Okafor has been in the league for 4 seasons and has played 175 games.
    Diallo has been in the league 3 seasons and has played 113 games.

Randle has been in the league 5 seasons and has played 293 games.

That is, Randle has more games under his belt than Okafor and Diallo have combined.

He is not some vet on the downside of his career, but he has played 3200 minutes more than Okafor and Diallo have, put together.

Also, how does he have just as much of a future here as the other two? Okafor is signed for another season and the team has the choicein keeping him or not because they have his option. Diallo is an RFA, so we have the choice to keep him, that's up to us. Randle, on the other hand, wants BIG money, and he's totally free to walk for it.

If we want Okafor next season, he's on the team.
    If we want Diallo next season, he's on the team.
    If we want Randle next season, he still has the choice to walk off. So no, he does not necessarily have the same future here as the other two.

LoL yea so now age doesn’t matter for player development.. just games played.. any straw will be pulled to further an argument

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    LoL yea so now age doesn’t matter for player development.. just games played.. any straw will be pulled to further an argument
    You seriously think that playing literally more than a hundred games more than someone else doesn't contribute towards your development, and only age matters?

You get GOOD at stuff you practise at. If you do lots of something, you tend to get better. Randle has done a lot more ''playing in NBA games'' than the other two. If they are to improve, they need to do more of that thing. So maybe, while our win/loss record isn't a priority, it would be nice if they could get some of that playing time in, instead of giving it ALL to Randle.

I'm not saying Randle shouldn't play at all. I'm not saying he should only play 5 minutes. He can play 20, or 25.

But does he need to play FORTY goddamn minutes while Okafor can't crack FIVE?

Does he need to play 40 minutes when Diallo can't get to 15?

Really?

Even entry knows you halt the tank when you play the Lakers

Hopefully it will be back on next game

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Randle = MVP
    35 points and -10 in +/-
    He's the next AD in stats padding.
    Do not want next season for anything above 14M per.

Too one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    35 points and -10 in +/-
    He's the next AD in stats padding.
    Do not want next season for anything above 14M per.

Too one dimensional.
    Lol, I get what you're saying, but comparing Randle to AD and saying it's ''stats padding'' and ''one dimensional'' just comes off as sour grapes.

AD sucks because he's leaving. That doesn't change the fact that he's a generational talent, an indisputable top five player, on both ends of the ball. Sure, he can be inconsistent on defense, but when he's on, he's unbelievable. The guy was robbed of a DPOY.

AD's first 2 points for the Lakers...

******** thank god I didn't show up in here for the game that dude just makes things unbearable in here lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Yeah, I saw that. Not sure he is smiling, but the look almost looks like "of course he made that.z"

February 27th - New Orleans Pelicans @ Los Angeles Lakers - 27-35

This guy is funny. I asked him to do a bit as Bill Simmons talking about Pels - Lakers game then somehow make it about the Celtics like Bill does. He did not disappoint

https://twitter.com/dieselhyphenson/...268593152?s=21

Thread Information