Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wake up AD

Wake up AD

Okay let’s keep this discussion very focused. I’m not asking you all whether you think AD should stay. Not asking what you think about that. I just want to get your opinion about whether it’s possible in the coming months he may change his mind. The mood on Twitter today is that Lebron has ruined the Lakers. This won’t go away any time soon. So how long can AD watch this madness and actually still believe in Lebron and the Lakers? Is it possible he may change his mind? I mean does he own a television? By this time next year Lebron may be Wizards Jordan, he’s not immortal.

Oh and can I get a retweet or like if you agree? Time to send a message, as futile as it may be..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s not changing his mind nor is he changing agent. The damage has been done. Time to move on.

Too much damage done. Many have moved on...so should AD. BRING ON THE CELTICS TRADE!

I don't think he's changing his mind. To make a trade demand publicly implies that this is something he has been at least considering for some time. While there some potential that the Lakers might cease being his team of choice at some point, the fact that he wants to be elsewhere probably won't change.

Could he? Sure, maybe.
    Will he? No, I don't think so.
    Even if he did, would it imply him wanting to stay? No, just that he'd go somewhere that isn't the Lakers.
    Basketball.

Boy has this backfired on the Lakers. Egg on Magic Johnson. I would listen to all offers this summer but it looks like Boston has the best trade options.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    I don't want him back, doubtful the team would want him back, and I don't think there's any chance he'll change his mind.

No its not possible.

No.
    I think the addition of Tatum, Smart and the picks has more success.

boston best deal-NOPE

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Boy has this backfired on the Lakers. Egg on Magic Johnson. I would listen to all offers this summer but it looks like Boston has the best trade options.
    whomever will trade #1 draft pick ZION WILLIAMSOM has best offer as he is better than anyone else being offered And we may get another player or 2 and draft pick as well

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Sick move by the future Pelican around the 5:20 mark

https://youtu.be/R_jOhwMNSE4

I would not mind him changing his mind and recommitting, but I think we have traveled too far down the road now.

It's like you're with a girl. Things are going ok. You guys wanted a house and kids and all that. Great careers. You have a decent job. On the right path but a few things have knocked both you and her down at times and so you haven't gotten where you want to be.

Then a rich dude comes in and starts talking her up. She decides to leave you to move in with him. Spends a lot of time with him. Packs up all her stuff. Starts talking about her future with him and stuff.

You on the other hand have started to make some good strides. You clean out some of your friends that have been keeping you down and start having pretty good prospects at betting yourself. Not just that, but any time you are stuck at the house with her, it is AWFUL.

Then she realizes he isn't all that. He's not the one. She hasn't moved out yet.

That would be where we are if AD realizes the Lakers aren't all that. Does the chick want us back or does she realize there is someone else out there better? Do we want to take her back after all that betrayal? I think most people would say there is too much bad blood and it's better for both parties if they just moved on.

I would forgive him if he signed his max deal. In a heartbeat.

Not gonna happen. Liking Tatum more and more, he's got something between the ears AD never will.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would not mind him changing his mind and recommitting, but I think we have traveled too far down the road now.
    I gotta say- I'm kinda looking forward to NOT paying a Beta 48 million bucks. I'll take Tatum & Brown on rookie contracts & Smart at 12 Mill., w/ draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No its not possible.
    Myth, are you in-house?

Hey, Atlantic puddle jumper, you in-house? If so, respond!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Myth, are you in-house?
    What you mean, In the Pelicans Organization? Nah. Lol. Over the years I've made ONE contact (that isn't a sales rep) that I talk to but that's all.

I was simply stating the obvious here.

He's not doing a 180. I'm excited for the post AD era

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What you mean, In the Pelicans Organization? Nah. Lol. Over the years I've made ONE contact (that isn't a sales rep) that I talk to but that's all.

I was simply stating the obvious here.
    No GOOBER! I meant were you in the forum at present? I saw your Green Light, didn't know if you were actually in or not?
    Anyway, I wanted to see if you had an answer to a question I have .

Q: Being that the draft is about 2 weeks before FREE KYRIE DAY- How can Boston offer their 2019 picks in a trade scenario if NO trade can be consummated until July 1st? Do we have to rely on Kyrie opting out before July 1st? And if so, when is the earliest that he can opt out?

The funny thing is all AD/Rich Paul/Magic had to do was keep their mouths shut(Not going public for requested trade) and they may have gotten their way!

No GOOBER! I meant were you in the forum at present? I saw your Green Light, didn't know if you were actually in or not?

Q: Being that the draft is about 2 weeks before FREE KYRIE DAY- How can Boston offer their 2019 picks in a trade scenario if NO trade can be consummated until July 1st? Do we have to rely on Kyrie opting out before July 1st? And if so, when is the earliest that he can opt out?
    Hahaha. That makes more sense. I'm never far from the forum since I use Tapatalk. To answer your question :

Trades can be agreed to in terms after the end of the season and then not executed until the start of the new year. That is how the majority of draft day trades are handled. Technically how it would work is Boston would select the picks on our behalf and then they'd be included in the package (as players) for AD. Any future picks of course won't need to go through that.

No we don't have to rely on him opting out at all before we can agree to a trade. We just won't be able to execute the trade until he does. The earliest that Kyrie could possibly opt out would be AFTER the moratorium ends. Which off the top of my head I think is July 6th.

Sadiemcgrady?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Sadiemcgrady?
    Hah. No -Stole the phrase & thought it was a good question.
    I Like to snoop in on all BSS & BW Twitter accounts .
    Those guys seem to be up to speed on all the $$ & contractual inner workings.
    Never saw an answer, so I figured Mythrol or Atlantic Puddle jumper would know the answer.
    Im not sure, but I don't think it's Twitter plagiarism . I hope I don't get in trouble.
    I see you're a BSS/BW secret stalker also!
    Last edited by Tinman; 02-27-2019 at 07:09 AM.

At this point I’m more interested in the pieces we can get for him than him staying. This experiment has failed, but for lack of trying. But we ultimately don’t have the assets to put together to bring a real 3rd piece to this puzzle. The AD-Holiday pairing is nice but not enough, and it’s not going further than it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    AD has done nothing to help his career in New Orleans. He could have done more recruiting (I cringed when I typed that), but he didn't. He didn't do anything. He just went through the motions. Then when he realized that he wasn't winning, he took the easy way to win and went to the schmuck LBJ & Co. I'm fine with Mrs.B not paying dude over $40 mill now. Rather just start off new, because it feels like every step we have taken has just been damage control.

Thread Information