Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AD Playing Time Conspiracy Theory #216

Rumor AD Playing Time Conspiracy Theory #216

Do you think it is possible that the NBA has some type of an "unofficial/official" under the table guarantee to the Pelicans in return of playing AD? I'm not saying the NBA can make things happen but honestly I think the NBA can make things happen!

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Do you think it is possible that the NBA has some type of an "unofficial/official" under the table guarantee to the Pelicans in return of playing AD? I'm not saying the NBA can make things happen but honestly I think the NBA can make things happen!

Thoughts?
    The NBA cares about 6 teams in the NBA....So no.

Well, the NBA can make things happen.

If they want to give us certain advantages, they can.

But I don't think that's likely. I'd like it if it did - for example, if the league gave us a Knicks-Ewing type ensurance for Zion in return for playing AD, playing ball. But I doubt it. If the league is going to fix something, it's almost certainly not going to be for New Orleans. They'd do it for NY, or LA, or somewhere like that, by NOLA wouldn't get that boost.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Well you have to admit the NBA had the Pels best interest when they blocked the CP3 trade in order for the Pels to get "better" assets. I mean who REALLY watches those ping pong balls? HA ha ha

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    If I could "like" a post like I can on Facebook, I would like the hell out of this post.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    If I could "like" a post like I can on Facebook, I would like the hell out of this post.
    AGREED!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    New Orleans has hosted a league leading 3 NBA All Star Games in the last 20 years.

It may seem far away for most people, but the Pelicans and the City will want to host 2023, 24 or 25 All Star Game.

Most likely it's 2025. Add that to my other correct predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    New Orleans has hosted a league leading 3 NBA All Star Games in the last 20 years.

It may seem far away for most people, but the Pelicans and the City will want to host 2023, 24 or 25 All Star Game.

Most likely it's 2025. Add that to my other correct predictions.
    WIth all due respect that isn't such a far off prediction. I mean you can add it to "your" predictions but the fact the New Orleans is at the top of the list of most locations for championships (and all-star games) kind of makes this prediction null and void. That is like saying I predict New Orleans will host another Super Bowl and you can add that to MY correct predictions. See? Seems pretty silly.

WIth all due respect that isn't such a far off prediction. I mean you can add it to "your" predictions but the fact the New Orleans is at the top of the list of most locations for championships (and all-star games) kind of makes this prediction null and void. That is like saying I predict New Orleans will host another Super Bowl and you can add that to MY correct predictions. See? Seems pretty silly.
    I love these kinds of predictions. The ones that seem like they say something, but actually say very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I love these kinds of predictions. The ones that seem like they say something, but actually say very little.
    Agreed!

The NBA.......Where Amazing Happens!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    The post was in response to your suggestion that there is some wink wink under the table deal between NBA and the Pelicans. The active interest the Pels have is in hosting the 2025 All Star Game. I’m glad that everyone knows it’s obvious and I didn’t need be the only one to mention it as the reason the owners do not want to **** off the commissioner.

The Pelicans need to extend the lease to the arena which expires in 2022 before the can get another all-star game. First thing is first. Extend arena lease first.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The post was in response to your suggestion that there is some wink wink under the table deal between NBA and the Pelicans. The active interest the Pels have is in hosting the 2025 All Star Game. I’m glad that everyone knows it’s obvious and I didn’t need be the only one to mention it as the reason the owners do not want to **** off the commissioner.
    Eh...the original post was geared more towards favors for the team that have a direct impact overall making it a better team. Not hosting all-star games.

If I’m Gentry&Ferry I would start Davis, call timeout in the first 5-10 seconds, bench Davis rest of game. He got his playing time.

AD Playing Time Conspiracy Theory #216

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If I’m Gentry&Ferry I would start Davis, call timeout in the first 5-10 seconds, bench Davis rest of game. He got his playing time.
    Then we would no longer be tanking! Take him out of the lineup and this team just might make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Erose View Post
    Then we would no longer be tanking! Take him out of the lineup and this team just might make the playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    But Randle is slow and plays no defense supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    But Randle is slow and plays no defense supposedly.
    Randle has a defensive rating of 111, opposing teams have a higher ORTG when he's on the court than when he's off, and opponents shoot higher than their averages against him everywhere except right at the rim (8% higher from outside of 15 feet, yikes). There is no way you can say his defense has been fine if you've been watching games. If you watched the last game, watch him play defense on Lebron.

Or rather, watch him play defense on Lebron for like 3 possessions, before deciding to just hover somewhere in the mid-range and briefly look in Lebron's direction the rest of the match.

No. I think the under the table thing with the League was, get us through all star break then if you play him 15-20 mins a game we will ignore any grievance from Klutch until AD goes away.

Now let's say AD gets injured... My guess is the NBA will have some back room agreements with the Pels. But I still don't think that will be for a pick. Will most likely center around hosting All Star week again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No. I think the under the table thing with the League was, get us through all star break then if you play him 15-20 mins a game we will ignore any grievance from Klutch until AD goes away.

Now let's say AD gets injured... My guess is the NBA will have some back room agreements with the Pels. But I still don't think that will be for a pick. Will most likely center around hosting All Star week again.

Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Right. What kind of guarantee?

Since demanding his trade, the Pels have typically looked better with him out of the lineup/ on highly restricted minutes. Probably in no small part due to ball movement, pace and energy (all of which are pillars of what Gentry preaches). Without having to try and get a bigman a large amount of ISO touches in the modern NBA (where penetrating guards getting layups or kick-outs) we have often looked better.

I would use that as an argument to the NBA and just sit AD. He is disinterested and the team has played better without him, and if thats not enough either cop the fine or keep giving him less minutes than Frank Jackson

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    NBA makes sure knicks win #1 pick so they trade it to us for AD.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    NBA makes sure knicks win #1 pick so they trade it to us for AD.
    I’m okay with this.

Thread Information