Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Give Randle an extension!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It doesn't, because I don't really feel the need to have my views validated. It's cool that other people see things the way I do, but I wouldn't mind a single bit if I was the only one who saw things the way I do, because I have eyes, I can watch the games and check the stats myself, and that's all I need. Don't need consensus.
    I gotta say- Fisher is the least respected writer of any of TBW or BSS . He tends to grab other folks ideas & makes them his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Do you even remember what you post?
    You are the one that tossed MM name into the forum 3 days ago out of the blue as your friend asking if I had a problem with.
    Whew- Now, you COULD be MM, trying to play his intellectually challenged doppelgänger.
    You need to slow down & not try so hard. You tend to forget things.
    Again- too funny.
    Also-huh !
    No need to be nervous . Why you so uptight about it?

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    No need to be nervous . Why you so uptight about it?
    You tried those already. I've also read Saul Alinsky's book . Nice try though, Skippy.
    You have been very persistent in its principles . Keep tryin.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You tried those already. I've also read Saul Alinsky's book . Nice try though, Skippy.
    You have been very persistent in its principles . Keep tryin.
    Have a great day! GuardianAngel will be here later on.

Have a great day!
    Always do

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    And then we would have to have the cap space to sign him to a larger deal.
    Basically. I think most people assume we will have the cap space though since so much will change in the AD trade plus we have a lot of contracts coming off the books.

Bump. At 40+ tonight.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Definitely worth a good deal.

He's been so much better recently than when AD was around

Probably worth 20 mil per now

He is the tank commander we all wanted.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

LoL and some think Julius Randle is worth no more then $13 million.. what a monster tonight!!

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    He's been so much better recently than when AD was around

Probably worth 20 mil per now
    Don't get too ahead of yourself. What you mean is, ''he's been scoring so much more'', not that he's been so much better. His rebounding numbers are actually down, and his defense is as putrid as ever.
    Basketball.

Randle truly is starting to develop into Cousins. No defense but can score a ton. His size I think will limit him from ever hitting peak Cousins.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Size and the fact that he isn't nearly the rebounder Cousins is, nor is he as gifted a passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Randle truly is starting to develop into Cousins. No defense but can score a ton. His size I think will limit him from ever hitting peak Cousins.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Does James Harden play defense? Is Lebron playing defense? Is anyone in the league playing defense? You worried about something nobody cares about in this league right now.

Size and the fact that he isn't nearly the rebounder Cousins is, nor is he as gifted a passer.
    You could say the same for Holiday and the other 12 on our team if that is how you want to look at it. If you want to blame bad defense start from the top. Thankfully we are in the final stretch with Gentry.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-16-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Does James Harden play defense? Is Lebron playing defense? Is anyone in the league playing defense? You worried about something nobody cares about in this league right now.
    ''Is anyone in the league playing defense?''

Paul George. Giannis. Harden's defense, while still bad, has actually improved a lot over the last two seasons. Russ is a pretty good defender most of the time. Kyrie's defense has improved a lot despite still not being great. KD plays good defense. John Collins is a solid defender. Jarrett Allen is a very good rim protector. Rudy Gobert is an excellent defender. A huge part of Jrue's value comes from the fact that he's such a gifted defender.

We all know that in today's game, the main focus for most people is offense. We all know that. You are not being clever, or observant by pointing it out. But the fact remains. The best teams in the league play defense.

1) Milwaukee Bucks. Best record in the league. Also best defensive rating in the league.
    2) Toronto Raptors. Second best record in the league. 7th in defense, Kawhi Leonard is 2x DPOY.
    3) Denver Nuggets. Fourth best record in the league. 12th in Defense.
    4) Indiana Pacers. Fifth best record. 2nd in defense.

The only team in the top 5 teams in the ENTIRE LEAGUE which isn't also a top 15 defense is Golden State. They're 16th in defense, but they're also Golden State and currently start 3x MVP awards, a DPOY, and 5 all stars. So, they manage.

Get out of here with your pretending that defense doesn't matter.

Paul George. Giannis. Harden's defense, while still bad, has actually improved a lot over the last two seasons. Russ is a pretty good defender most of the time. Kyrie's defense has improved a lot despite still not being great. KD plays good defense. John Collins is a solid defender. Jarrett Allen is a very good rim protector. Rudy Gobert is an excellent defender. A huge part of Jrue's value comes from the fact that he's such a gifted defender.

We all know that in today's game, the main focus for most people is offense. We all know that. You are not being clever, or observant by pointing it out. But the fact remains. The best teams in the league play defense.

1) Milwaukee Bucks. Best record in the league. Also best defensive rating in the league.
    2) Toronto Raptors. Second best record in the league. 7th in defense, Kawhi Leonard is 2x DPOY.

The only team in the top 5 teams in the ENTIRE LEAGUE which isn't also a top 15 defense is Golden State. They're 16th in defense, but they're also Golden State and currently start 3x MVP awards, a DPOY, and 5 all stars. So, they manage.

Remember when Gentry and Erman were defense genius?

Wait a minute! LOL

It starts from the top. At least you agree with me Randle is not the problem.

Those teams you listed will not go to Finals.
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-16-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Wait a minute! LOL

Neither Milwaukee nor Toronto will go to the finals? You betting that much on Boston?

Cause Boston are 5th in defense.

Or maybe you've got your money on Philadelphia clicking together and making that run?

Philly are 11th in defense.

Uh oh, turns out that being good at defense is important, and I'm still right, and you're still wrong.

I don't think that Randle is the problem with our team's defense, and I have NEVER said that he is. That doesn't change the fact that his poor defense is A problem.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Wait a minute! LOL

You have psychic powers. Troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    You have psychic powers. Troll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fine be like that . At least I’m not a hater. I’m just hoping for a new coach and a Randle extension in the offseason.

Still sticking with Celtics vs Warriors in finals
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-16-2019 at 10:19 AM.

It is interesting you brought up Milwaukee. I believe that is Budenhoizer coaching them in 1st year. UNO fan has been high on him. I must admit fascinated but what they have done in 1 Year under him. Great job for their front office. With the talent we have right now we should be like the Bucks or Raptors. The Nuggets have been riddiled with injuries too.

What year of Gentry is this again?
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 03-16-2019 at 10:32 AM.

It is interesting you brought up Milwaukee. I believe that is Budenhoizer coaching them in 1st year. UNO fan has been high on him. I must admit fascinated but what they have done in 1 Year under him. Great job for their front office. With the talent we have right now we should be like the Bucks or Raptors.

What year of Gentry is this again?
    I'm not sure why you keep asking me about Gentry. I want him replaced too. No, Gentry isn't good at running a strong defense. What's your point?

I hope we can get him around 15 mil each for 3 years. He’s a player you can build around, but I’d hesitate to throw the house at him. Chances are he will get a YUGE deal and if we are to believe what we have seen and heard he is likely staying no matter what.
    Last edited by JJackisangry; 03-16-2019 at 10:37 AM.

My dude, I couldn't pay Randle a bigger compliment than saying he really is developing into Cousins. You seriously gotta drop it down a notch in your defense of Randle.

And as far as your defense question, Lebron is old now but when he won those rings he was absolutely playing defense. How many rings has Harden won? See lack of defense is fine during the regular season when teams dont scheme and gameplan as much but once playoff time comes you better believe defense matters. A LOT.

In the past almost 40 years only 1 team has ever won a NBA championship with a defensive rating higher than 12th in the league. That team was 17 years ago.

Over the past 10 years 5 of the championship teams have had an equal or better defensive rating than offensive one. On average over the past nearly 40 years the winning championship team have actually had a higher average defensive rating than offensive one (5.4 ranked offensive rating vs 5.22 ranked defensive rating). Defense is absolutely important if you want to actually win a Championship.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 03-16-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Thread Information