Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Give Randle an extension!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    But that tweet says 2yr/40m with a team option for the 2nd year. Not 3 years 60m like you said. How is that agreeing with you?
    He seems to think that people have been saying that we don't want Randle back at all, rather than the reality which is that we would be okay with having him back, but it would depend on the price.
    Basketball.

2/40-3/60 either one sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    2/40-3/60 either one sounds good.
    Not really.

2/40 works because the second year would be a TO, which means if he is showing the signs of defensive improvement, we have him locked in for another year and we get his bird rights after that, which gives us long term leverage. If he doesn't show those signs of improvement, we can either just drop the option, or we can trade him off as a big expiring.

3/40 doesn't, because then even if he isn't showing those signs of improvement, we're locked into him for another year on big money at the minimum. No team will take him with $40m on the contract still as an expiring because it's over multiple years, so it's not as immediately attractive, and keeping him for another year until we can get to the option is really undesirable.

B.S.S. Agrees with me

I would have no problem paying him $20 million if it was over 2 years. The longer the deal the less I would offer. Everything this guy said makes complete sense and 2 years $40 million is looking like a great deal for Randle. If anything we have a great trade chip after next season. I don’t see an extra few million per year over the next 2 years in anyway would hurt our team with the $ we will soon be freeing up and the youth this team will have.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He seems to think that people have been saying that we don't want Randle back at all, rather than the reality which is that we would be okay with having him back, but it would depend on the price.
    You did nothing but trash him stating you wouldn’t pay more then $13 million. Saying you wouldn’t pay him more then $13 million is basically the same thing as saying you don’t want him back because that’s never going to happen.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 03-07-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    You did nothing but trash him stating you would pay kore then $13 million. Saying you wouldn’t pay him more then $13 million is basically the same thing as saying you don’t want him back because that’s never going to happen.
    Okay.

Aren't higher dollar /shorter term deals the new trend for all veteran contacts now anyway? Teams and players both seem contractually averse to being stuck these days.

I like Randle, but if it's 2 for 20 or 3 for 17 who is better and available for that same money?

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Aren't higher dollar /shorter term deals the new trend for all veteran contacts now anyway? Teams and players both seem contractually averse to being stuck these days.

I like Randle, but if it's 2 for 20 or 3 for 17 who is better and available for that same money?
    With Randle being just 24 y/o I could definitely see Randle taking a 2 year deal to continue raising his value and enter FA right in the prime of his career at 26 y/o.. Would make much more sense and set himself up for a big long term deal. I would be fine giving him a player option for year 2. The more I watch Randle the more I think we need to resign him.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    You did nothing but trash him stating you wouldn’t pay more then $13 million. Saying you wouldn’t pay him more then $13 million is basically the same thing as saying you don’t want him back because that’s never going to happen.
    Notice they never admit wrong. They always dodge it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Notice they never admit wrong. They always dodge it.
    How can someone admit they are wrong when it's an opinion based on what's going to happen in the future ?
    Ugh !

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    How can someone admit they are wrong when it's an opinion based on what's going to happen in the future ?
    Ugh !
    Just ignore 'em, it's what I'm doing. You can only say the same thing in perfectly clear English so many times before you've just got to accept they do not want to engage in a real conversation. After that point, just got to drop it.

Just ignore 'em, it's what I'm doing. You can only say the same thing in perfectly clear English so many times before you've just got to accept they do not want to engage in a real conversation. After that point, just got to drop it.
    I've come to realization that they are trolls.

I've come to realization that they are trolls.
    Trolls? They were valid points! Bourbon Street Shots made the point to pay Randle too! Explain how that is trolling? Because it is the right thing to do?

Trolls? They were valid points! Bourbon Street Shots made the point to pay Randle too! Explain how that is trolling? Because it is the right thing to do?
    Huh.

Huh !

Huh !
    I should and I will credit GuardianAngel for his points too.

Do you struggle to understand what a 2nd year team option means? Where the team can dump the contract after one year if they want to with no loss to them.

Do you struggle to understand how 20m guaranteed over 1 year with a 2nd year team option is different than 60m guaranteed over 3 years?

Do you struggle to understand what a 2nd year team option means? Where the team can dump the contract after one year if they want to with no loss to them.

Do you struggle to understand how 20m guaranteed over 1 year with a 2nd year team option is different than 60m guaranteed over 3 years?
    Either contract is fine with me sir. Pay Randle, Give him the extension! Post #52 I answered the question.

Either contract is fine with me sir. Pay Randle, Give him the extension! Post #52 I answered the question.
    On that note I will pass to my friend GuardianAngel. Let him have a chance to give his thoughts.

They struggle to understand most things.

They struggle to understand most things.
    And you hate on the biggest contibutor on our team right now.

Let that sink in. Don’t ruin a good thing. Extend the contract.

And you hate on the biggest contibutor on our team right now.
    I do not, I think Jrue is a saint and his jersey should be retired.

I do not, I think Jrue is a saint and his jersey should be retired.
    Look at the post above.

Thread Information