Pelicans Report

Thread: Should He Sit? Or Should He Go?

Should He Sit? Or Should He Go?

This week should be interesting. I guess we will know in four days (Game on February 22nd). This nightmare needs to end!!

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...192301336.html

He's playing per Gentry.

I see the Pelicans are going to meet with the NBA again to try to work something out to sit him.

Let’s hope so. Don’t want to see him in a Pels uniform again. I guess though if he is playing, we are guaranteed to tank, since this team plays like crap when he is in the line up. But man, I want to see a Holiday led team, and what it can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought this thread was going to be about Zion Williamson. LOL
    I'm looking for real sports fans...not sheep! Are you with me?!!!

According to Fletch....

Fletcher Mackel

@FletcherWDSU

Interim GM Danny Ferry says Pelicans will follow league rules and play Anthony Davis but his minutes will be down.
    Says Jrue Holiday’s minutes will also come down since he’s played so much this year.
    More to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    According to Fletch....

Fletcher Mackel

@FletcherWDSU

Interim GM Danny Ferry says Pelicans will follow league rules and play Anthony Davis but his minutes will be down.
    Says Jrue Holiday’s minutes will also come down since he’s played so much this year.
    More to come.
    Full tank mode! Commence the tank!

Important to note that Ferry doesn't have to worry about his job. As much as we all knew Dell was probably going this summer anyway, there's no doubt that he would rather be in the job than not, and it's very possible that he was instructing the team to keep up the minutes, since his job may be riding on it.

Ferry has no such issue. He's only interim GM anyway, and he might not even be interested in staying on long term (I recall Locked On Pels saying somewhere that Ferry and Demps are great friends and Ferry has said in the past he's not planning to just take Dell's job from him), so he can do the right thing for his resume which is to successfully lead the team through this mess. That means successfully increasing our draft pick value, scouting properly for the draft, setting up the AD trade properly and getting the assets in order. If he can do that all well, that bodes well for his employment chances in the future, if he isn't interested in staying on in NOLA.
    Basketball.

Dell never instructed the team to keep AD's minutes up. No one in the entire organization wanted AD to play another minute. They just didn't want the hassle.

What happened was AD played himself out of minutes with the whole fake injury thing. Now the Pelicans have an excuse to pull him on very limited minutes and the league won't give them flack because they can point to the injury.

People have been saying the Pelicans have been petty in all of this but the truth is AD and Paul have been even more petty. AD doesn't care about winning games, that's evident by him faking the injury. It's simply a matter of being the only thing he can control is forcing the teams hand to play him.

But before the end of the season I bet he eventually tires of even that and just goes home. At which time if I were the Pelicans I'd fine him for missing games.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    I see the Pelicans are going to meet with the NBA again to try to work something out to sit him.
    nothing got done but the pelicans Have the Right to rest Davis during back to backs. but he must play in games national, but his minutes will be control.

Thread Information