Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: AD to be on LeBron's HBO show

Okay this might be a dumb question but can Gayle ban Davis from practicing with the team? Playing games? Wouldn’t you say this crosses the line?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Wow. The Beta Brow is really trying to spice his image up. This crosses the line for me personally as being a fan.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Did Lebron/Klutch approve this message?

Quote Originally Posted by wuggie View Post
    Wow. The Beta Brow is really trying to spice his image up. This crosses the line for me personally as being a fan.
    It should. But would you forgive him if he signs that extension? That is what I thought!

I've NEVER liked Lebron. Never. Love what he has done with his philanthropy but as a basketball player... Never.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Did Lebron/Klutch approve this message?
    NWO did

I can't believe there isn't a way to suspend him or even sue him for breaking his contract by publicly undermining it.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm not sure there is anyone on here that should've been surprised AD wasn't going to sign his extension.

We also sort of knew what the deal was when he signed with Klutch, and I feel no different about him now than I did when that happened.

There are a lot of cringe worthy details in how this has played out, and as I've said before, a dude who trademarks his unibrow is a dude we should have always been skeptical of! But I have no issue with players taking control of their narrative and owning their careers. If I was advising AD, I would have told him to just inform the team that under NO circumstances is he going to sign his extension this summer. That communicates the same thing effectively as a trade demand without creating this public pressure. The only difference is that the trade demand and subsequent fall out was intended to benefit LeBron and the Lakers. To the extent that AD was complicit, it's no worse than any mistake a 25 year old might make under pressure. Rich Paul is the one to blame, because he didn't handle his clients business appropriately.

Tangent - one of the things I appreciate about Jaylen Brown is that he's formed these positive relationships with mentors/advisers before the draft and from all reports continues to do the same even now. I can't imagine him allowing an agent to make these mistakes while representing him. AD talks about not doing what somebody else tells him to do, but Brown was that guy from day 1. That's why he's been added to the NBAPA Executive Committee at only 22.

https://theundefeated.com/features/j...naissance-man/

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/c...gOM/story.html

The problem with AD saying he's the CEO of his own business, is that it's a line that might make sense for LeBron at age 34, 15 years in, with 3 championships and looking towards the next phase of his life... but for AD, he's still just a really good basketball player who needs other talented players around him to be successful. Even on the court, he's relied on other players to defend bigger guys and often needs really good guard play to compliment him. He should still be finding himself in the context of a team game and elevating his own ability to a point where he can drag a team with talent like Jrue Holiday, Julius Randle, and Mirotic to a solid spot in the top 8 of the Western Conference. AD may think of himself as the CEO of his own business, but in basketball terms at best he's acted like the boss of a local enterprise or the EVP of an emerging start up. He's not exhibited anything remotely close to CEO skills of a fortune 500, on or off the court. He's a really good basketball player. He's not a Chief Executive Officer.

I hope he stays healthy. And I hope we get the best trade possible for him. That's where I was in September. 6 months of foolishness hasn't changed anything. And I also hope he develops into who he already thinks he is in his next stop. My biggest take away from the Shop was that LeBron can't be THE go to voice for young, uber successful, African American stars. Jerrod Carmichael, Jamie Foxx ("young *** old dude"), 2 -Chainz, and Meek all had some really smart things to say. Even Antonio Brown had some great points about the hierarchy of things in Football. I want more people with smart takes and capacity to be influencers and difference makers, so I hope AD develops into that.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 03-02-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    It should. But would you forgive him if he signs that extension? That is what I thought!
    Nope.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    I wish I could curse on here. I get so infuriated everytime he speaks.

Sure, blame the team YOU and YOUR PEOPLE bullied just so you can get what you want. This guy thinks he's actually bigger than the league.

{edited - veiled cursing} Can't stand him one bit.
    Yea I 1000% agree! Can’t stand how he acts!

Thread Information