Pelicans Report

Thread: Toronto Raptors Model

Toronto Raptors Model

If you are looking for a business model of operating more than one sports franchise under single roof, look no further than Toronto. The Raptors are part of MLSE Group...thats Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment. You think the Pels play second fiddle to the Saints. The Leafs are Toronto's version of the Saints maybe on an even grander scale because the Leafs have been around since the beginning of time. Granted, Toronto is a massive market. One of my all-tome favorite cities.

So it can be done. I say get up there with a sack full of cash and steal some folks. Maybe our new Basketball Ops and GM. Especially on the entertainment and game experience side. We need some creative people and Toronto games (Leafs and Raptors) always look packed and fun.

https://mlse.com
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Not sure if Toronto should be considered a small market. I think a better model might be SSE (Spurs Sports and Entertainment) They own the NBA Spurs, the American Hockey League's San Antonio Rampage, the G-League's Austin Spurs, and pro Soccer League member San Antonio FC. They also own and operate the AT&T Center, where the Spurs play. They also owned the WNBA's San Antonio Stars, until they sold the team in 2017 and it got moved to Las Vegas. To be honest, I'm only aware of this setup because a friend of mine was the Director of Interactive Media for ALL the franchises they owned. Responsible for all websites/social/media, etc. He's now with the Denver Broncos. (Twice the money, only one team!)

Thread Information