.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 105

Thread: Bontemps- Davis on the Celtics: "They are on my list."

  1. #76
    SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't want 6 players. I just want good players. Your problem is you assume that people don't want to trade with the Lakers because of LBJ. We didn't want to trade with LA at the trade deadline because it'd be stupid to do a trade when they were the only team that could bid.
    I completely agree. But I don't believe the Lakers were the only team. They were the only team you heard about because Rich Paul was trying to control the narrative. He and Magic wanted to make it seem as if the Pelicans are stupid and you can't make a legitimate deal with them. When really I think Dell was told not to make any deals for Davis.

  2. #77
    A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    27,299
    The general gist of people who say we should've taken the Lakers deal, to me, is people who secretly would want to see LeBron and AD on the same team. Or people who have a very strong opinion of Brandon Ingram. Because I've yet to see people treat Lonzo as the jewel of the players we'd be getting. Most are positive on Kuzma without really going too far into saying franchise player...but a fair number think Ingram can be something significant.

    I just don't like anything about his game.

  3. #78
    Charter Member Contributor PELICANSFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Kenner, LA
    Posts
    20,219
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Taytum isnt guaranteed. A bird in the hand is worth more than 2 in the bush. If Kylie leaves, which I think he will, Boston isnít trading taytum. Then what? You never pass up on whatís in hand for something that may or may not happen
    That is nuts. So take the offer, any offer, since it is "in the hand" even if you are not excited about the players offered? That kind of ridiculous action is what would doom an organization.

  4. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    That is nuts. So take the offer, any offer, since it is "in the hand" even if you are not excited about the players offered? That kind of ridiculous action is what would doom an organization.
    This ^^^^^^^^

  5. #80
    RIP BDJ AUSSIE_PELICAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,306
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So tell me, AusPel, why is that?
    He just spewing what he reads.

  6. #81
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The general gist of people who say we should've taken the Lakers deal, to me, is people who secretly would want to see LeBron and AD on the same team. Or people who have a very strong opinion of Brandon Ingram. Because I've yet to see people treat Lonzo as the jewel of the players we'd be getting. Most are positive on Kuzma without really going too far into saying franchise player...but a fair number think Ingram can be something significant.

    I just don't like anything about his game.
    There’s also the group (of 1) that thought there was a good chance Tatum will end up not in the deal from Boston, the Knicks won’t get the #1 pick, the Pels will be forced to play AD and not tank... AND Lonzo and Ingram are better than people give them credit for.

    I would have held out for 4 1st and al the 2nds though.

  7. #82
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,922
    I look forward to the leaks from 29 teams that AD has to have a backiatomy on his degenerative shoulder.

  8. #83
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    So tell me, AusPel, why is that?
    Various reasons. Look how we have to way overpay mediocre players to come here and that's not even the stars

  9. #84
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,922
    If the Pelicans can sustain some success, they won't have trouble getting free agents. It's the organization, not the market. In my opinion.

  10. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If the Pelicans can sustain some success, they won't have trouble getting free agents. It's the organization, not the market. In my opinion.
    This is true. Look at the Saints as an example.Don't forget, most of the players that are in their mid-20's now, were 10-12 years old when Katrina hit. All they knew about NOLA is what they heard from their parents and saw on TV. And I'll bet the parents of most of these kids had never been to New Orleans. As players, they don't get to really learn the city either, unless they actually play for the Pels. So they have a skewed idea of what NOLA really is. Remember when we had the AllStar game here the first time and Tracy McGrady (I think) made a statement he was afraid to play here?

    If we win, consistently, players will eventually want to come here, just like with the Saints. We just need to do things right.

  11. #86
    ...we get to go McDonalds
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    1,609
    I recently met a Thunder fan who lives in Oklahoma City who legit said "NBA should contract. There are some markets that I don't see why anyone would go there. Like Orlando. Who wants to live in Orlando?"

    Perception of one's hometown is a funny thing.

  12. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    I recently met a Thunder fan who lives in Oklahoma City who legit said "NBA should contract. There are some markets that I don't see why anyone would go there. Like Orlando. Who wants to live in Orlando?"

    Perception of one's hometown is a funny thing.


    That's awesome. Speaking from a foreigner's perspective, I'd much, much rather go to Orlando or Miami than Oklahoma.

    If the league contracted to, say, 16 teams (8 per conference), which teams would remain? Lakers, Warriors, Wolves, Mavericks, Rockets, Clippers, Suns in the West, Knicks, Nets, Bulls, Raptors, Wizards, Hawks, Celtics, Pistons in the East? That's just based on the top 16 in terms of market size.

    So there'd be no Spurs, no Thunder, no Miami, no Nuggets, no Jazz, no Pacers, no Magic, Blazers, Cavs, Hornets, Bucks, Grizzlies, Pelicans... Which is a shame, because Spurs, Thunder, Miami and Cavs have all been huge in terms of storylines over the last decade or so. Bucks are obviously a rising star team right now, we're in a moment of huge drama, etc etc. League would be boring if it was just the big name teams.
    Watching Pelicans games is what Georges Bataille meant by limit experiences.

  13. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    I recently met a Thunder fan who lives in Oklahoma City who legit said "NBA should contract. There are some markets that I don't see why anyone would go there. Like Orlando. Who wants to live in Orlando?"

    Perception of one's hometown is a funny thing.
    He obviously wasn't very bright. I guess he doesn't realize that if the league contracted to 16 teams, OKC would NOT make the cut.

  14. #89
    Russell Westbrook has as many National commercials as Lebron and Westbrook plays in a small market. If we are winning, players will play here and get National recognition.

    Maybe Lebron and AD should ditch Paul and get with an agent that can get them better paying gigs.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  15. #90
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,699
    Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    I recently met a Thunder fan who lives in Oklahoma City who legit said "NBA should contract. There are some markets that I don't see why anyone would go there. Like Orlando. Who wants to live in Orlando?"

    Perception of one's hometown is a funny thing.
    Well Orlando is a great place to visit as a tourist, speaking from experience. Not great to live in?

    I thought Florida was rated quite highly
    Last edited by AusPel; 02-19-2019 at 12:17 AM.

  16. #91
    By Davis saying 29 teams are on his list, he's actually looking out for the Pels. With him saying that we'd likely to get a better trade for him.

  17. #92
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! AusPel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3,699
    Yep. We get maximum leverage that way

  18. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I would have held out for 4 1st and al the 2nds though.

    Isn't that what we did? They never offered more than 2 1st's from what I saw reported.

  19. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Well Orlando is a great place to visit as a tourist, speaking from experience. Not great to live in?

    I thought Florida was rated quite highly
    Just type “Florida Man” and that will answer all your questions as to why Florida is a great place to visit, but horrible place to live. New Orleans might be a 3rd world country itself, but Florida isn’t that far behind.

  20. #95
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Just type “Florida Man” and that will answer all your questions as to why Florida is a great place to visit, but horrible place to live. New Orleans might be a 3rd world country itself, but Florida isn’t that far behind.
    Yeah, that "No State Income Tax" thing must suck.

  21. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Yeah, that "No State Income Tax" thing must suck.
    I’m not saying anything about that, but living in a state with No State Income Tax (Texas) I can tell you, you might not be getting taxed on the work you do, but they get you other places (property tax is where they hit you in Texas).

    But yeah, Florida is a freaking dumpster fire.

  22. #97
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Iím not saying anything about that, but living in a state with No State Income Tax (Texas) I can tell you, you might not be getting taxed on the work you do, but they get you other places (property tax is where they hit you in Texas).

    But yeah, Florida is a freaking dumpster fire.
    Property Tax in Texas is 1.87% ranked 46. So for every $100,000,compared to any state within 15-25th only cost $750.00 more. Florida Property tax is certainly within reason. 27th.

    This is wonderful compared to California State Tax that starts at 8% and is aggressively progressive & NY starts at 6 1/2 % And progressively aggressive. If you make 250,000 in those 2 states, you pay almost as much in STATE taxes than I do in Federal Taxes.

    What is a dumpster fire about Florida exactly?

  23. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Just type “Florida Man” and that will answer all your questions as to why Florida is a great place to visit, but horrible place to live. New Orleans might be a 3rd world country itself, but Florida isn’t that far behind.
    For those that are lazy.

    "So what's the deal with Florida Man anyway?
    Florida Man is the world's worst superhero. When a normal superhero realizes they have special powers, they go out to save the city or the world - Florida Man ran naked through a neighborhood, tried to have sex with a tree, and told police he was the mythical god Thor. Sometimes a normal superhero's crimefighting abilities and concern for public good get a special Florida Man twist, like when Florida Man was arrested for practicing karate by kicking swans in the head..."

    "The joke of the subreddit is that all of the stories shared here are about the same person, the world's worst superhero. As the world's worst superhero, Florida Man is not just a person in Florida. Florida Man also doesn't do dark and overly morbid things. His misadventures and shenanigans are of a more lighthearted variety."

    https://www.reddit.com/r/FloridaMan/...y_submissions/

  24. #99
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

    ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

    GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

    These words should not be used lightly

  25. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Russell Westbrook has as many National commercials as Lebron and Westbrook plays in a small market. If we are winning, players will play here and get National recognition.

    Maybe Lebron and AD should ditch Paul and get with an agent that can get them better paying gigs.
    And why? Beacuse Westbrook EARNED an MVP, something Davis has yet to show a mentality to be able to do.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •