Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bontemps- Davis on the Celtics: "They are on my list."

Bontemps- Davis on the Celtics: "They are on my list."

Last edited by Gant-; 02-16-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Of course. "He" never said. Only his agent and his father. LOL.

AD is so beta. At least this will quiet the people saying, "Boston won't give up anything for a 1 yr rental".

So at least we can be happy about that.

Yep. It's been said now. Hopefully we won't hear anymore nonsense from the crowd who wouldn't shut up about this.
    Basketball.

It's Knicks if they get the 1st, Boston otherwise.

Simples

Scratch that, trade AD to whomever gets the 1st pick. Zion is so alpha he out alphas LeBron

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    It's Knicks if they get the 1st, Boston otherwise.

Simples

Scratch that, trade AD to whomever gets the 1st pick. Zion is so alpha he out alphas LeBron
    How can you say that? You dont know what Bostons package is?
    If the Knicks get #2, I still might take their offer.

NMthreeMVP might impregnate more women over this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Hmm true. Morant is looking like he could be anything.

I'd take him over Tatum

AD to whomever gets pick 1 or 2, then Boston

Ladies and Gentlemen - We have a deal!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep. It's been said now. Hopefully we won't hear anymore nonsense from the crowd who wouldn't shut up about this.
    I really find it funny how you all latch on to whatever anyone tweets/says that supports what you want to believe, but dismiss anything that doesn't coincide with what you hope is true.

AD has consistently contradicted his representation. He contradicted himself twice in a short interview! Dude is FOS.

If Boston doesn't offer Kyrie the 5 year max, Kyrie bounces, and a trade of their best assets for AD doesn't make sense for the Celtics. We've been over this before. If you feel more confident about anything based on AD's comments that is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    NMthreeMVP might impregnate more women over this news.
    Woah, woah... am I going to have start closing my browser when I'm done here or using incognito mode?? Say man, what kind of trouble are you trying to get me into with my wife?!?!?

At this point, what do you believe that's come out of the AD camp in the last month

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    At this point, what do you believe that's come out of the AD camp in the last month
    AD bought a house in LA.
    AD signed with Klutch.
    Klutch tried to get him to Lakers (because he wants to be a Laker).
    His representation said he wouldn't sign with the Celtics (in an obvious effort to sway Pels to deal before deadline).

...that's what I believe about AD's intentions and messaging coming from his reps.

I also think it's clear he wants to go somewhere where he has a chance to play with another star he considers to be on his level (kind of insulting to Jrue).

Since 29 teams are on his list, lets add the Hawks to teams that could put together "Godfather" offers.

Trae Young, Baze, John Collins, the 2019 Hawks pick, and 2019 Mavs pick... is as good as any offer that could be put together.

Hawks are basically in the same spot as Clippers, only their assets are better. They could trade for AD and then use cap space to sign another max guy and a really good 3rd guy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Benson is a Boss. This whole Klutch strongarming the PELS backfired really bad. It didn’t have to go down like this but I think the PELS are in a position to have a solid rebuild. AD hurt his image and Klutch didn’t help themselves by the way the handled this whole fiasco.

The PELS organization got embarrassed but maybe this is the best thing that could have happened. Now we have a chance to make the most important deals in the history of this franchise. Who’s feeling optimistic?

I think Danny Ferry will turn this franchise around.

When’s the soonest we can trade AD? Draft night?

What I like right now is we see legit talent in Kenrich Williams at SF. How good is this kid gonna be? Also, Okafor has been consistent and I would give him an extension if he keeps playing at a high level. I like his effort and I think he’s proving he is worth keeping for the future. Jrue is set and I don’t want to move him. So I have to be honest. I’m open to giving Kenny Williams a shot to start at SF and Okafor to start at Center next season. I’d like to see us get Morant or Zion if possible. I really hope we can get one of those guys or RJ Barrett. I think we will probably have the 9th pick of the draft and could pick up Rui the PF/SF from Gonzaga. If he’s not available I’d move up to get him. IF we did a trade with Boston I’d try to combine picks to get a guy like Rui because he’s going to be NBA ready and I think he’ll be a BIG problem. I’d love something like: Smart, Jrue, Tatum, Rui, Okafor. And maybe another guard in the draft.

If this is what we have I’ll be thrilled:
    Tatum, Smart, Horford
    Boston also sends 3 2019 1st round picks plus our own 2019 1st and we get Solo off the books and maybe offer Moore if we have to in order to get the best deal from Boston...

We could do a lot with 4 1st round picks..... AND if we wanted we could trade Jrue if we really felt like it would be worth it.... any thoughts on moving Jrue on draft night? I’m open to gambling on the best players in this draft. I think Morant and Rui and Barrett could make a huge impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Since 29 teams are on his list, lets add the Hawks to teams that could put together "Godfather" offers.

Trae Young, Baze, John Collins, the 2019 Hawks pick, and 2019 Mavs pick... is as good as any offer that could be put together.

Hawks are basically in the same spot as Clippers, only their assets are better. They could trade for AD and then use cap space to sign another max guy and a really good 3rd guy.
    I don't want Trae Young.

If there's anything that watching this team, particularly Randle and AD when disinterested, has taught me, it's that there is nothing more infuriating in basketball than watching people refuse to play defense.

Trae Young is an inefficient chucker who doesn't play defense. No.

That said, I do agree that Atlanta could make a very solid offer, especially depending on their pick. If their pick falls top 3, then they could indeed offer it, the 2019 Mavs pick, a 2021 pick and John Collins, and that's immediately a better offer than LA or LAC could offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gant- View Post

Did anyone follow up with a question about his dad's comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    We don't really know any team's offers.

I don't want Trae Young.

If there's anything that watching this team, particularly Randle and AD when disinterested, has taught me, it's that there is nothing more infuriating in basketball than watching people refuse to play defense.

Trae Young is an inefficient chucker who doesn't play defense. No.

That said, I do agree that Atlanta could make a very solid offer, especially depending on their pick. If their pick falls top 3, then they could indeed offer it, the 2019 Mavs pick, a 2021 pick and John Collins, and that's immediately a better offer than LA or LAC could offer.
    Most rookies struggle on defense. It was Steph’s weak spot for years. It’s why having Klay was so important. If we have Jrue and solid dudes on the back end, we’d be fine if Trae gave solid effort.

Can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Most rookies struggle on defense. It was Steph’s weak spot for years. It’s why having Klay was so important. If we have Jrue and solid dudes on the back end, we’d be fine if Trae gave solid effort.
    That's true, but I think there's a difference. Firstly, Steph isn't a good example because in his rookie year, Steph had shown a LOT more offensive talent than Young has. Steph was shooting 43% from 3 on 4.5 attempts a game in his rookie year. He was also averaging basically 2 steals a game. Young is averaging 0.8 steals a game, and is shooting 31% from deep. It's a completely different ball game. You accept a degree of defensive liability when the player you're dealing with has shown signs of elite offensive skills. Young has not shown that with any consistency thus far.

The second problem with Young that I have is that he doesn't appear to have the build or style for becoming a good defender. He's 6'2 with a 6'1.5 wingspan, and he doesn't have much of a defensive instinct watching him play. I'd have a different view if he had a 6'5 wingspan or something, but he's just not very lengthy, which isn't that promising. Of course you can always point to people like CP3 who's 6 feet flat, but his wingspan is 6'3.5, and he has serious defensive instinct.

I'm not saying Trae is doomed. He's not, he's only 21 and he could always figure it out on defense. It's his rookie year, and like you said, sometimes rookies struggle on defense even if they improve later. But because of the hype surrounding Trae, I have a feeling that if Atlanta put him on the table, it would take their 2021 pick off, and I'd rather have a potential 2021 top 10 pick from ATL than Trae Young.

Egg on Magic Johnson’s face.

https://chumley.barstoolsports.com/w...M-1024x540.png
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 02-16-2019 at 03:49 PM.

There’s gonna be a lot of butt hurt in here when AD goes to LA. Stocking up on popcorn now
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    There’s gonna be a lot of butt hurt in here when AD goes to LA. Stocking up on popcorn now
    Good for you

That's true, but I think there's a difference. Firstly, Steph isn't a good example because in his rookie year, Steph had shown a LOT more offensive talent than Young has. Steph was shooting 43% from 3 on 4.5 attempts a game in his rookie year. He was also averaging basically 2 steals a game. Young is averaging 0.8 steals a game, and is shooting 31% from deep. It's a completely different ball game. You accept a degree of defensive liability when the player you're dealing with has shown signs of elite offensive skills. Young has not shown that with any consistency thus far.

The second problem with Young that I have is that he doesn't appear to have the build or style for becoming a good defender. He's 6'2 with a 6'1.5 wingspan, and he doesn't have much of a defensive instinct watching him play. I'd have a different view if he had a 6'5 wingspan or something, but he's just not very lengthy, which isn't that promising. Of course you can always point to people like CP3 who's 6 feet flat, but his wingspan is 6'3.5, and he has serious defensive instinct.

I'm not saying Trae is doomed. He's not, he's only 21 and he could always figure it out on defense. It's his rookie year, and like you said, sometimes rookies struggle on defense even if they improve later. But because of the hype surrounding Trae, I have a feeling that if Atlanta put him on the table, it would take their 2021 pick off, and I'd rather have a potential 2021 top 10 pick from ATL than Trae Young.
    Trae won't turn 21 until September. He's a really young player. I've been a Steph fan since Davidson (I was also a fan of Dell Curry). I'm not saying at all the Trae is Steph! But Steph came in as an older and more experienced rookie, so it's hard to compare. What would Steph have looked like in the league after his freshman year at Davidson instead of his junior year?

That 2021 pick could be a valuable lottery pick, but the Hawks would have cap space to add other pieces to AD (including another max). I'm not sure I really value that highly any future pick that actually belongs directly to the team we trade AD to. I don't think the value of Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Clippers, etc own pick will be that high. The Hawks could easily finish middle of the pack in the East and that pick would be in the late teens.

If the Pelicans don't win the lottery, I'm pulling for Lakers or Knicks. And if the Kings don't make the playoffs, I want their pick to land at #2.

I don't care who get's AD, I just want the Pels to be able to snag a top 3 pick in this draft from whoever gets him.

You mean when he's a free agent? No one is gonna care then. Lol

Thread Information