Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Demps is Gone Pecan! {merged}

Demps is Gone Pecan! {merged}

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn

New Orleans has parted ways with GM Dell Demps, league sources tell ESPN.

The Franchise

Demps Fired

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

"New Orleans has parted was with GM Dell Demps, leagues sources tell ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by sting View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

"New Orleans has parted was with GM Dell Demps, leagues sources tell ESPN.
    Wow. What a time to do it. Crazy

Now the question is do they keep Gentry until the end? or is the end now?

Sucks to be Dell!!

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    From past threads, I've been reading a Joe Dumars / Avery Johnson collaboration or are we throwing money at John Calipari?

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    Sucks to be Dell!!
    Does it? I mean he has had a pretty good ride considering what he has done to this organization.

Quote Originally Posted by j_bones View Post
    From past threads, I've been reading a Joe Dumars / Avery Johnson collaboration or are we throwing money at John Calipari?
    The answer should be, Neither.
    Basketball.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    I wouldn't be against Rondo or previous player coach.

See you Dell. I think this is pretty poor timing, to be honest. If you were gonna be fired, it should have been years ago, and not now after you've finally made a few good moves.

Quote Originally Posted by j_bones View Post
    I wouldn't be against Rondo or previous player coach.
    As GM?

All I know is that the organization won’t handle this correctly. We’ll bring in more clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    See you Dell. I think this is pretty poor timing, to be honest. If you were gonna be fired, it should have been years ago, and not now after you've finally made a few good moves.
    Yeah it was a bit bizarre timing wise. Dell has a good relationship with Ainge too, so hopefully it doesn’t affect negotiations on that side if we were leaning towards the Boston deal

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

"Ownership was livid with an injured Anthony Davis leaving arena during Thursday night’s game, sources say. Gayle Benson is telling associates she wants an overhaul of Pelicans and a search for a GM to take command of Davis trade talks and the reshaping of team’s future."

Finally! One inept less, now it's Gentry's time.

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

"Organization is discussing internal candidates for interim GM job, including David Booth and Danny Ferry, sources tell ESPN. Pelicans planning to be aggressive in marketplace to hire a high-level basketball executive."

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochican View Post
    Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

"Ownership was livid with an injured Anthony Davis leaving arena during Thursday night’s game, sources say. Gayle Benson is telling associates she wants an overhaul of Pelicans and a search for a GM to take command of Davis trade talks and the reshaping of team’s future."
    If that's true, about Gayle, I could easily see a Gentry firing incoming soon. She might wait for the end of the season for that, but you'd think that about Demps too, so don't be surprised if it's even sooner.

Good luck to you Dell

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. I hope she at least makes the right moves and doesn’t make changes for the sake of change

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

Gayle doing what's best. Drain this swamp.

Hurray!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn

"Organization is discussing internal candidates for interim GM job, including David Booth and Danny Ferry, sources tell ESPN. Pelicans planning to be aggressive in marketplace to hire a high-level basketball executive."
    So does this mean that Mickey is going to stick to the Saints?

It simply made too much sense to clean house with how everything has went. The fans had made their voices known. Even if there's an argument that could be made for how well Dell has done in recent years, to keep everyone on board and moving forward Dell had to be fired.

I'm honestly shocked however that they fired him now. But AD walking out before the game was even over was a bad look. This happening almost guarantees that AD won't play another game for the Pels this year.

As far as Gentry goes, he finishes out the season and then the new GM will make the decision on who to have as the Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Bring in basketball guys? We may get somewhere now!

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I could only hope...

Thread Information