Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gentry: "This whole thing has been a dumpster fire."

AD has lost my respect --- not as a player, but as a human being. You cannot have an employee (Rich Paul) run your life. I seriously doubt that AD injured his shoulder; the replay of the so-called injury screams "fake!"

And the image of AD walking out of the Smoothie King Center with his arm in a sling because of a bruise as his team fights to win a game without him is one I will never forgive or forget. It is no coincidence that Rich Paul was walking next to him during his departure; I'm sure that scumbag orchestrated the whole thing.

I hope that is the last time we see AD in a Pelicans jersey; he doesn't deserve to wear it anymore.
    Last edited by Spec3333; 02-15-2019 at 10:28 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    But he did. He publicly came out and stated that he was going to re-sign with Boston as long as they wanted him. There was no questions raised again until this story was leaked.
    1. When this was raised, he could have squashed it by repeating his preseason comments. He didn't. Google "Kyrie commitment to Boston" and every article is about him waffling. You have to go pretty deep to get to his commitment to resign, and a lot can change in the months since that was made. Even a few of those articles carefully/intentionally referenced it in terms of Kyrie signing a 5 year max. His commitment, IMO, was always a leverage play to either get the 5 year max or have an excuse to walk without being the bad guy. It's a smart play on his part.

2. Even before this was leaked, going back to Kyrie reaching out to LeBron and the friction between Kyrie and the younger Celtics players, Boston folks were speculating that the "engagement" (Ainge's characterization of the relationship) was rocky. This speculation predates by weeks the AD trade request, and postdates Kyries commitment. Saying he squashed the speculation disregards 4 months of info and his own most recent public comments.

Thread Information